Forza 6 Porsche Expansion

• Thread starter JC_Dude
  • 693 comments
Just to go further with issues I've noticed... 911 GT1 performance doesn't seem right. It can barely reach a speed of 280 km/h. It should go at least 310 km/h.
That's not the only thing that I've noticed about it that's concerning. Surely it should be the same specs as the Toyota gt one, but it's in a completely different class?

It was slower than the GT-One, it's Le Mans win can be attributed to everyone else breaking down.
But a whole class slower? The game is saying its grip, brakes, downforce etc is dramatically inferior. Like it was in a different class IRL.

But a whole class slower? The game is saying its grip, brakes, downforce etc is dramatically inferior. Like it was in a different class IRL.
From what I read, it's because it was in a different class. The 1998 GT-One that the Porsche beat, was actually in the GT-1 class. After 98, they changed some rules. So in 1999 Toyota made an LMP class version of the GT-One, the one we have in the game. The one the Porsche beat was the 1998 GT-One in the actual GT1 class. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it to be. I got that info from this article.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nz29bb3/

From what I read, it's because it was in a different class. The 1998 GT-One that the Porsche beat, was actually in the GT-1 class. After 98, they changed some rules. So in 1999 Toyota made an LMP class version of the GT-One, the one we have in the game. The one the Porsche beat was the 1998 GT-One in the actual GT1 class. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it to be. I got that info from this article.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nz29bb3/
You are correct. I was already aware of the class change, but I wasn't under the impression that the '99 Toyota was any faster than the '98.

You are correct. I was already aware of the class change, but I wasn't under the impression that the '99 Toyota was any faster than the '98.
Maybe it isn't I really don't know. I just looked it up to see what I could find. It did seem weird that the Porsche was that much slower, ive heard a lot of people say it shouldn't be. So I was just trying to find a logical answer. 👍

Edit: everywhere I find specs for the car, they have it as 1998-1999 GT-one. So it looks like the power plant and Hp was identical between the two years. According to this picture from the article, it does look like the GT-One was a bit faster then the Porsche:

image.jpeg

:lol:

Last edited:

The '99 GT-One only required minor changes in order to move from GT1 to LMP (LMGTP), so your impression makes sense. The 911 GT1 may have been slower than the GT-One in 1998 but not dramatically slower. As I said, the 911 GT1 in FM6 should reach speeds around 310 km/h (193 mp/h).

Basically, if a FM6 car can trace its lineage all the way back to FM1 or FM2, the core 3D model hasn't been updated. There are exceptions, but the wheels of progress move slowly in a corporation as big as Microsoft.
But the ForzaVista factor? The engine bay, door opening, and such?

I believe the Forzavista static model with the opening parts is NOT the same model as the one you see on the racetrack.

I believe the Forzavista static model with the opening parts is NOT the same model as the one you see on the racetrack.

True. There are even different models for hotlapping alone vs. racing with other cars on the track, not to mention photo mode. Not a new phenomenon to the Forza series.

If you want proof, check the '69 Trans Am in Forzavista. There is a mistake where the words TRANS AM are missing from the top of the rear spoiler. Now go drive it. They will magically appear.

I think the one that bothers me the most is the spare wheel not being visible on the RS200 when you're out on the track.

Maybe it isn't I really don't know. I just looked it up to see what I could find. It did seem weird that the Porsche was that much slower, ive heard a lot of people say it shouldn't be. So I was just trying to find a logical answer. 👍

Edit: everywhere I find specs for the car, they have it as 1998-1999 GT-one. So it looks like the power plant and Hp was identical between the two years. According to this picture from the article, it does look like the GT-One was a bit faster then the Porsche:

View attachment 526163

:lol:

Just to add a bit of irony, the Forza GT-One is a '98 wearing a '99 livery. T10 is infamous for their cut-and paste race cars.

On the Toyota GT-One versus Porsche GT1 topic, I just thought I'd have a quick look at the lap times that were set for both years (1998 and 1999). Just taking a quick look the 1998 pole lap was the GT1 Merc which ran a 3:35.5 with the Toyota (in GT1 trim) running a 3:41.8 in the race. In 1999, the Toyota took pole running as an LMGTP with a 3:29.9 and got the fastest race lap with a 3:35.0 (quicker then the GT1 pole lap from a year earlier.

So it probably is considerably faster then the Porsche.

The '99 GT-One only required minor changes in order to move from GT1 to LMP (LMGTP), so your impression makes sense. The 911 GT1 may have been slower than the GT-One in 1998 but not dramatically slower. As I said, the 911 GT1 in FM6 should reach speeds around 310 km/h (193 mp/h).
The Toyota ran 345km/h in practice of '98 and 352km/h in practice of '99 which was the quickest of anyone both years.

Also, maybe the stock settings on the Porsche aren't great. Does trimming off the aero help enough??

You can tell straight away the Porsche seems really neutered, it barely hits 180mph/300km/h and the car is a pussy cat. Its actually quite a pleasant drive.

This is unlike most of the other LMP/Group C class where they're all violet animals wanting to kill you. Mark Webber's not wrong there.

I did my Group C career battles in the 787B for the reason its relatively docile with all the aids off.

Also, maybe the stock settings on the Porsche aren't great. Does trimming off the aero help enough??

Downforce settings for the 24 Hours of Le Mans contributed to the '98 911 GT1 being slower than its predecessors. Without these settings it could reach speeds around 330 km/h. I'd be surprised if that's possible in FM6 by adjusting aero parts but I'll give it a try.

You can tell straight away the Porsche seems really neutered, it barely hits 180mph/300km/h and the car is a pussy cat. Its actually quite a pleasant drive.

May I ask how and where you made it reach 300 km/h?

Downforce settings for the 24 Hours of Le Mans contributed to the '98 911 GT1 being slower than its predecessors. Without these settings it could reach speeds around 330 km/h. I'd be surprised if that's possible in FM6 by adjusting aero parts but I'll give it a try.

May I ask how and where you made it reach 300 km/h?

Yes, you can get it to go past 300 kph after gear ratio and downforce adjustment.

Yes, you can get it to go past 300 kph after gear ratio and downforce adjustment.

I tried adjusting the aero on the 911 GT1. It needs to be nearly all the way down to struggle past 300 km/h. The real car that reached around 310 km/h at Le Mans in 1998 had superior downforce without which it would only have been faster. Maybe I'm missing something in terms of tuning gear ratios but I can't seem to increase top speed when moving any of the sliders. It's worth mentioning that my experience with tuning in games like these is almost nonexistent. Any advice?

Remove the restrictor from engine.

That is good advice, though it makes me wonder the one that competed at Lemans: did it have the HP before or after restrictors?

@Nielsen You shouldn't have to lower the aero all the way. Just down to 30 or 25%. Lower tire pressure to 1.9 or 1.8 each to get better grip. Run less negative camber and adjust the 5th and 6th gear for better acceleration.

Remove the restrictor from engine.

Thanks. The second option did the trick without any tuning required.

That is good advice, though it makes me wonder the one that competed at Lemans: did it have the HP before or after restrictors?

@Nielsen You shouldn't have to lower the aero all the way. Just down to 30 or 25%. Lower tire pressure to 1.9 or 1.8 each to get better grip. Run less negative camber and adjust the 5th and 6th gear for better acceleration.

I appreciate your advice but tuning the stock setup doesn't seem to correct the top speed issue. It only improves it by sacrificing stock behavior.

That's the nature of the beast. If you have limited ability to tune engine (ie. because of PP) then you either have a quick accelerating car with poor top speed or a slow accelerating, poor handling car with great top speed.... but it takes forever getting there.

I used to do this all the time... I would tune cars specifically for Le Mans or Monza and that means a car with crappy road tyres no downforce but heaps of top end.

The used to be how I played Forza 5, one general tune for ALL TRACKS except for Le Mans where I had a low downforce low ratio final gear road tyre tune. And drive carefully around Le Mans except the straights where you overtook everyone. But Le Mans is like 80% straight.

In Forza 6 its not that necessary but its still kind of needed at the high skill levels.

My Drive every Car on every Track layout series has drawn me out my first Porsche

The 944 Turbo.

I'm sure for many this is not the most exciting of Porsches, but I've always liked this car for whatever reason.

Unless I am mistaken, this is the better version of the 924 which was originally going to be a Volkswagen.

My Drive every Car on every Track layout series has drawn me out my first Porsche

The 944 Turbo.

I'm sure for many this is not the most exciting of Porsches, but I've always liked this car for whatever reason.

Unless I am mistaken, this is the better version of the 924 which was originally going to be a Volkswagen.

I used to have a toy car of this model! With the Martini liveries. Sure miss it!

Great car to drive. Sounds good too.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But GT1 also tend to be much heavier than the LMP ones.
According to my understanding (which may be wrong), GT1 cars from this era actually weren't that far off period LMPs weight-wise.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but why is Porsche not used by the AI cars in Free Play unless the player drives a Porsche? It's the pattern I've seen so far. Monthly DLC cars aren't programmed like this.

Here's an example. I selected the Ferrari F40 and the birth of the supercar division with a full grid. I hoped to battle it out against the Porsche 959, but it didn't show up on track, sadly. Then I selected the 959 using the same settings as above. It resulted in the same grid variety as before except the 959 was now also being used by a few AI-controlled cars. That's weird.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but why is Porsche not used by the AI cars in Free Play unless the player drives a Porsche? It's the pattern I've seen so far. Monthly DLC cars aren't programmed like this.

Here's an example. I selected the Ferrari F40 and the birth of the supercar division with a full grid. I hoped to battle it out against the Porsche 959, but it didn't show up on track, sadly. Then I selected the 959 using the same settings as above. It resulted in the same grid variety as before except the 959 was now also being used by a few AI-controlled cars. That's weird.
License restriction, most likely.

Back