MBkzGyo.jpg

100% Complete: Achievements
YlAAxlz.jpg

Adding to this:

UwLYQo9.png

1GIvkTT.png

BlvdZIm.png

zlIxlup.png

And that's me pretty much done with Forza Motorsport 6. I'll check out the final addition to the Car pass later this month and join the occasional live stream, but as a day-to-day player of Forza it's time to move on and play some other games.

Adding to this:

UwLYQo9.png

1GIvkTT.png

BlvdZIm.png

zlIxlup.png

And that's me pretty much done with Forza Motorsport 6. I'll check out the final addition to the Car pass later this month and join the occasional live stream, but as a day-to-day player of Forza it's time to move on and play some other games.

Speaking of other games - don't mean to derail this thread, but I'm looking for some suggestions. I.e. shooters, adventure games, mystery/thriller, horror or RPGs. *Quite thrilled to know Mass Effect is coming to Xbox One*

here are my thoughts about the Porsche expansion pack

I think its great to see Porsche in FM6 got some fantastic cars from the classic era right into the current and also displaying what the future could hold for the iconic brand. im about half way through the Porsche event its a great edition even though if i were to pick about something it'll be the lack of race cars like i would of loved to see the updated Carrera Cup and GT3 cars this is just my personal opnion so well done Turn 10 and love the VIR track as well

1983 Nordschliefe
Stefan Bellof
Porsche 956
6:11.13
:cheers:

Just to put that time in perspective, it was a huge deal a few years ago when the Pagani Zonda R ran a 6:47.5, over 36 seconds slower.
Could a Audi R18 with Andre Lotterer beat that time? Probably. But that time from 83 is much more valuable, Tyre Technology, Safety of the Car, telemetry has all been so much improved and were things not even available back then. So Bellofs Record is for eternity.

Could a Audi R18 with Andre Lotterer beat that time? Probably. But that time from 83 is much more valuable, Tyre Technology, Safety of the Car, telemetry has all been so much improved and were things not even available back then. So Bellofs Record is for eternity.
He was an amazing driver, he died way too young. 2 years after he set that record, he was driving the 956 at Spa and was killed in a wreck.

Just completed the Porsche showcases, my last one was the Virginia 100. Got me from Lv 54 to 57. I still have the Evolution and Future parts for the anthology left.

There are currently a few things on my mind about this expansion:

• I've noticed that some of 911s have very loose front suspension. The front will sometimes raise itself when applying throttle while turning at speed. This is not correct behavior, is it? It can be critically decisive when pushing the limits of both car and track.
  • When I first watched the announcemet trailer, I thought the 911 GT1 looked strangely unfamiliar from behind. I didn't think much of it until I saw someone on YouTube saying it's poorly modelled despite its fresh appearance on Xbox One. Specifically, the taillights look slightly oversized and incorrectly positioned. This baffles me unless there is an explanation justifying it.
  • I've not seen many people talk about the 944 Turbo. Great little car in terms of both handling and speed. However, I read over on Forza Central that Turn 10 introduced errors that weren't present in FH2. It's something about the taillight configuration suddenly matching the North American model although the car is still the European model from FH2 which had its taillights mapped correctly. I'm not qualified to confirm but it kind of worries me to read stuff like this. It's not the first time.
  • The 962C is amazing to drive. Group C awesomeness is just what the game needed. I'm still hoping we'll also see the Sauber C9 featured in the other mainstream simulators.
  • The Cayman GTS has caught me by surprise a few times. On the surface it feels calm and controllable, but suddenly it can bite if not driven with sufficient care. I consider myself a fairly good and consistent driver when staying focused on the task, but so far I have crashed this car in two out of three attempts around the Nordschleife. That's unusual and refreshing for a modern sports car.

I've noticed that some of 911s have very loose front suspension. The front will sometimes raise itself when applying throttle while turning at speed. This is not correct behavior, is it? It can be critically decisive when pushing the limits of both car and track.
RWD Vehicles tend to squat under acceleration, and with all the weight being in the rear and the weight being shifted under acceleration, it seems like a natural instance. That can likely be why these cars have a good amount of understeer under acceleration.

I'm not the most savvy with things like this, so I could be wrong, though.

RWD Vehicles tend to squat under acceleration, and with all the weight being in the rear and the weight being shifted under acceleration, it seems like a natural instance. That can likely be why these cars have a good amount of understeer under acceleration.

I'm not the most savvy with things like this, so I could be wrong, though.

I guess that makes sense but I just think it's an odd and exaggerated sensation. It's like a whole second where it feels like being a passenger behind the steering wheel.

I guess that makes sense but I just think it's an odd and exaggerated sensation. It's like a whole second where it feels like being a passenger behind the steering wheel.
While I haven't purchased the expansion yet, I wont be able to comment on how it seems to be in game :(

It could have a lot to do with the 911 having a rear mounted engine. There's not nearly the weight in the front of the car, so that much power could produce that effect. Rear engine cars typically have a lot better acceleration and braking, but suffer from understeer.

It's something they've been able to dial out with each generation getting better. Have you tried the 991 Turbo S to compare?

That's very much a good case of reality with the models up to the 991.1, driving a 911 quickly is about mastering the weight transfer to your advantage (traction, traction, traction) Slow in fast out.

Early cars use torsion bars as well, which can limit suspension travel. I've noticed it too, especially with the 356 and 930. Maybe it's replicating that?

It could have a lot to do with the 911 having a rear mounted engine. There's not nearly the weight in the front of the car, so that much power could produce that effect. Rear engine cars typically have a lot better acceleration and braking, but suffer from understeer.
It's more a case of understeer leading to snap oversteer. Not just Porsches but VWs, the Corvair, Tatras, Renaults, Skodas, etc. Rear-engined cars are notoriously prone to oversteer, with the weight of the engine in the back of the car trying to get around to the front of the car, especially if you're trying to brake and turn at the same time. Porsche has spent decades dialing in understeer as a means of combating that. With the original 911, it wasn't too bad, but when the 930 Turbo came out, it became a critical problem. All that horsepower could overwhelm the suspension, and it suffered from a lot of single car accidents with the car on the outside of the corner facing back towards the road because of that snap oversteer. The car is pushing, pushing, pushing and then suddenly the back of the car comes around and it's too late. Of course with each generation of new 911, they have done an amazing job of fine tuning the suspension to make it behave much more civilly in corners, especially the 4WD models. But all 911s are a bit like a domesticated dog. Friendly and docile, but every once in a while they show a hint of the dangerous wolf they're descended from.

It's more a case of understeer leading to snap oversteer. Not just Porsches but VWs, the Corvair, Tatras, Renaults, Skodas, etc. Rear-engined cars are notoriously prone to oversteer, with the weight of the engine in the back of the car trying to get around to the front of the car, especially if you're trying to brake and turn at the same time. Porsche has spent decades dialing in understeer as a means of combating that. With the original 911, it wasn't too bad, but when the 930 Turbo came out, it became a critical problem. All that horsepower could overwhelm the suspension, and it suffered from a lot of single car accidents with the car on the outside of the corner facing back towards the road because of that snap oversteer. The car is pushing, pushing, pushing and then suddenly the back of the car comes around and it's too late. Of course with each generation of new 911, they have done an amazing job of fine tuning the suspension to make it behave much more civilly in corners, especially the 4WD models. But all 911s are a bit like a domesticated dog. Friendly and docile, but every once in a while they show a hint of the dangerous wolf they're descended from.
That's weird you say that, a guy I used to hang around with, him and and his current wife were riding in a 911 that a guy I also used to know owned and was driving. I never knew what year the car was, because he totaled it before I met him. It had to be pre 1997 though. He was driving on a real hilly and curvey paved road close by here, and totaled it. Single car wreck, ran off the road on a sharp curve. They were lucky to live, my friend has a scar on one side of his face, he almost looks like the joker in a way, where his shoulder strap from his seatbelt cut into the corner of his mouth and sliced his cheek open real bad. They ended up getting a pretty massive insurance settlement out of it. I don't know if that was understeer/oversteer or not. I just heard he was being an idiot and driving too fast for the road, at night. .

Last edited:
VXR
It's something they've been able to dial out with each generation getting better. Have you tried the 991 Turbo S to compare?

I've noticed it in the 911 Turbo 3.3, 997 GT3 RS 4.0, and the 991 Turbo S at the same spots around the Nordschleife. I can't remember how the 996 GT3 was in this regard and I still need to check the 997 GT2 RS on that track. :scared:

I have to drive them all more to get an accurate idea of generational improvements, but I guess the effect does seem more pronounced in the old Turbo 3.3 than it does in the recent Turbo S. Then again, I remember crashing the GT3 RS 4.0 through the fast narrow bends at VIR because of said effect. No chance to save it and best bet was to anticipate it happening. Speed might have been a factor in making things worse. No sign of similar issues driving the 959 though, but I guess it might be an invalid comparison due to its sophisticated engineering.

Anyone who wants to experience it in full force simply need to take an old 911 and go full throttle through the fast left-bend at the climb between Kesselchen and Klostertal on the Nürburgring.

Last edited:
There are currently a few things on my mind about this expansion:

• I've noticed that some of 911s have very loose front suspension. The front will sometimes raise itself when applying throttle while turning at speed. This is not correct behavior, is it? It can be critically decisive when pushing the limits of both car and track.
  • When I first watched the announcemet trailer, I thought the 911 GT1 looked strangely unfamiliar from behind. I didn't think much of it until I saw someone on YouTube saying it's poorly modelled despite its fresh appearance on Xbox One. Specifically, the taillights look slightly oversized and incorrectly positioned. This baffles me unless there is an explanation justifying it.
  • I've not seen many people talk about the 944 Turbo. Great little car in terms of both handling and speed. However, I read over on Forza Central that Turn 10 introduced errors that weren't present in FH2. It's something about the taillight configuration suddenly matching the North American model although the car is still the European model from FH2 which had its taillights mapped correctly. I'm not qualified to confirm but it kind of worries me to read stuff like this. It's not the first time.
  • The 962C is amazing to drive. Group C awesomeness is just what the game needed. I'm still hoping we'll also see the Sauber C9 featured in the other mainstream simulators.
  • The Cayman GTS has caught me by surprise a few times. On the surface it feels calm and controllable, but suddenly it can bite if not driven with sufficient care. I consider myself a fairly good and consistent driver when staying focused on the task, but so far I have crashed this car in two out of three attempts around the Nordschleife. That's unusual and refreshing for a modern sports car.

Good looking out!

As you pointed out, some of the 911s do try to take off around high speed turns, especially when they are fully upgraded. I corrected this with tuning, though I didn't think I have to. I don't remember Porsches behaving like this in NFS Porsche Unleashed or recall seeing any reviews where they mention the 911s doing mini-wheelies. Maybe it is a genuine bug.

As for cars not looking completely accurate, again, good observation. I noticed the Carrera GT's tail and headlights are positioned too close and the driver looks too big sitting in that car. IRL, the Carr GT is a very sleek car - nice and low and very wide. It doesn't appear to have the correct track width. I've noticed many other cars as well that do not appear 'up to scale' compared with their actual versions.

I suppose this should be posted in the official forums?

I haven't noticed mini wheelies in the 996 GT3 or 930 and I've driven that one at the Nurburgring.

Are you on sim steering? I use normal and the cars seem to behave consistently.

As for cars not looking completely accurate, again, good observation. I noticed the Carrera GT's tail and headlights are positioned too close and the driver looks too big sitting in that car. IRL, the Carr GT is a very sleek car - nice and low and very wide. It doesn't appear to have the correct track width. I've noticed many other cars as well that do not appear 'up to scale' compared with their actual versions.

The basic Carrera GT model dates all the way back to FM1 on the original Xbox. It looked pretty good in 2005, but doesn't hold up against modern scanned cars.
Unfortunately, despite what T10 claims about the XB1 assets being "new from the ground up", many cars were simply polished up and re-used in this fashion.

The basic Carrera GT model dates all the way back to FM1 on the original Xbox. It looked pretty good in 2005, but doesn't hold up against modern scanned cars.
Unfortunately, despite what T10 claims about the XB1 assets being "new from the ground up", many cars were simply polished up and re-used in this fashion.

Yeah, compared to the new stuff, some of the older cars are getting embarrassing. The SW20 MR2 and F355 being two examples that are in my mind.

VXR
I haven't noticed mini wheelies in the 996 GT3 or 930 and I've driven that one at the Nurburgring.

Are you on sim steering? I use normal and the cars seem to behave consistently.

I've tried both and for now I'm using sim. They only lift up once fully upgraded (engine). Otherwise, they feel good to drive in stock form.

Ah, so that explains it - why the Carr GT does not look like it's actual version in terms of width and "sleekness" while the other 911s are rather spot on.

I've also read people complaining about the Supra and Skyline R34. I guess they have just too many cars now to remodel all of them for new-gen standards. Bit off more than they could chew it seems. ;)

Last edited:
Basically, if a FM6 car can trace its lineage all the way back to FM1 or FM2, the core 3D model hasn't been updated. There are exceptions, but the wheels of progress move slowly in a corporation as big as Microsoft.

Basically, if a FM6 car can trace its lineage all the way back to FM1 or FM2, the core 3D model hasn't been updated. There are exceptions, but the wheels of progress move slowly in a corporation as big as Microsoft.

Oh, is that right? Well, perhaps new 3D models next generation then? :lol:

I think I can sum this expansion up as one thing... the car that interests me most is the 930 Turbo and I dont even like the 930. But the fact you can make it into a 964 with the heavy bumpers etc. and then put in 6 spd boxes makes it relevant to me.

The name of the game is "Anthology" and yet they have gutted the middle section of the Porsche legacy and that's the 911. Where are all the significant 911s?

They got the early years correct with the 356 718s etc. but they seem to think the middle section should be Cayennes in the wet around Dunsfold?

Its like as if they think the 911 doesnt exist besides a few of the flashy late model GT3s.

Also I found some of the races to be funny in that the spiel from Derek Bell and whatever is that the Porsches are so awesome on the racetrack... then I'm getting dusted by Ferraris, XJ220s and McLarens... admittedly mainly in a straight line.

I also dont have a lot of enthusiasm for the DHL Penske RS Spyder which was an FM3 car or the Flying Lizard RSR which was a FM4 car. These are NOT iconic race cars so I cant warm to them.

I dont even mind FM4 models, just bring us the ones that are historically significant like the Sport Classic and '73 911 RS, the 550, the 993/964/911SC...

Recycling is ok, just recycle the right stuff.

Just to go further with issues I've noticed... 911 GT1 performance doesn't seem right. It can barely reach a speed of 280 km/h. It should go at least 310 km/h.

Didn't they say that many where rebuilt, while those that they deemed acceptable where just touched up? What classifies as "acceptable" is beyond me, though, as there are still oddballs.

Back