Forza 6 Time Attack ChallengeOpen 

• Thread starter JR98
  • 127 comments

GT3 @ Sebring Wet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was thinking of jumping in this, and after a quick look on Kudosprime to check what cars are in the division, I know which one I will be using.
I'm still unsure of a car, so I'm going to test a few with a base tune and see what I like

Well, had a quick go at this in a car I built for tighter tracks, and was semi-close to the time @ImaRobot set. Not bad for being down 113hp and having no race aero!

Ended up at 2:02.319 for now, may actually build a car and try again later, we'll see. Didn't realize just how much of a power track this is haha.

Attachments

• 20160526_172007.jpg
    20160526_172007.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 17
Well, had a quick go at this in a car I built for tighter tracks, and was semi-close to the time @ImaRobot set. Not bad for being down 113hp and having no race aero!

Ended up at 2:02.319 for now, may actually build a car and try again later, we'll see. Didn't realize just how much of a power track this is haha.
While power would seem to run the rings here, those sweeping turns will definitely be a tough one to sort through if you opt for too much power! Trying to find a good middle ground.

While power would seem to run the rings here, those sweeping turns will definitely be a tough one to sort through if you opt for too much power! Trying to find a good middle ground.
Yeah, I played around with a few car builds after posting. Handling is slightly important here too, mostly you just need to be able to flat out (or very nearly so) the uphill sweepers. If you can do that, you've got enough handling. It's tricky to find the right downforce levels too, because again, the litmus test is those uphill sweepers, but it's tempting to crank more on for the big right at the end of the straight...

Ended up improving to a 2:01.009 by playing with the build on the 1M and adding the race front aero. That was not a fantastic lap, but it'll probably be my final unless it gets totally overhauled by everyone :lol:

Attachments

• 20160526_185520.jpg
    20160526_185520.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 17
Damn it, I did a 2:00.950 and I was just about to post it when I realized that I used an "illegal" car, I used the 1981 BMW M1. Palm face, face palm, big time.:ouch:

Edit: Update, now with a legal car. I came close 2:01.088

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry for double post, it's so other participants are notified that a new time has been posted...

Hi @JASON_ROCKS1998 , I forgot to take the photo as I was leaving the rivals thing so I took the photo from the leaderboard, Is that ok? Also god damn game didn't save my replay :banghead:

Anyways I think it's a good time, I'm sure you guys will crush it though. :). 2:00.037

image.jpeg

Edit: @JASON_ROCKS1998 time update...

I just got on the 1:59s mark, yay!

Here's a proper submission pic too :)

Time: 1:59.934
image.jpeg

Last edited:
XBOX DVR, my FM6 videos & screenshots have started saving and started showing on xboxclips.com again.

I should have spent some time checking some of the Xbone's features, I thought you could only record 30 second clips. I'll have to have a look at it tomorrow. Thanks.

I should have spent some time checking some of the Xbone's features, I thought you could only record 30 second clips. I'll have to have a look at it tomorrow. Thanks.
You can open up XBOX DVR alongside any game and start recording (each recording has a maximum length of 5 minutes).

I won the round woo-hoo! Ended up 20th in Asia Pacific, that must be the highest I've ever gotten, was 249 or something overall. Perhaps with a different car I could go a little bit quicker. Yay, :)

@Ialyrn Does it capture 1080p at 60fps? Sounds cool having something to record at a higher quality but for me could probably be overkill, I should learn how to fire up this dvr thing first.

You should definitely post a lap time, it's always nice following your ghost.

In regards to round five here's my first try, placeholder lap. 2:15.766IMAG0190.jpg

Last edited:
I won the round woo-hoo! Ended up 20th in Asia Pacific, that must be the highest I've ever gotten, was 249 or something overall. Perhaps with a different car I could go a little bit quicker. You, :)

@Ialyrn Does it capture 1080p at 60fps? Sounds cool having something to record at a higher quality but for me could probably be overkill, I should learn how to fire up this dvr thing first.

You should definitely post a lap time, it's always nice following your ghost.

In regards to round five here's my first try, placeholder lap. 2:15.766View attachment 552682
I wanted to try to give it another go before the deadline, but I've been absolutely hooked on Elite:Dangerous. Nonetheless, that was a very good lap time and I'm not sure if I'd have even been able to beat it!

@JASON_ROCKS1998 I just noticed that I had forgot to post up my time :( However, it was in before the deadline since @HighSeasHoMastr was racing against it. Is it out of the question to get it put in with the results? If not, its perfectly fine and I understand.

Yeah, I played around with a few car builds after posting. Handling is slightly important here too, mostly you just need to be able to flat out (or very nearly so) the uphill sweepers. If you can do that, you've got enough handling. It's tricky to find the right downforce levels too, because again, the litmus test is those uphill sweepers, but it's tempting to crank more on for the big right at the end of the straight...

Ended up improving to a 2:01.009 by playing with the build on the 1M and adding the race front aero. That was not a fantastic lap, but it'll probably be my final unless it gets totally overhauled by everyone :lol:

2:16.587 for now and probably ever. Refuse to use anything but the C-GT for this and probably can't be assed to set a quicker one than that. Bit of a sloppy second sector but I'm over it.

Attachments

• 20160531_165814.jpg
    20160531_165814.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 16
I wanted to try to give it another go before the deadline, but I've been absolutely hooked on Elite:Dangerous. Nonetheless, that was a very good lap time and I'm not sure if I'd have even been able to beat it!

Thanks man! I guess you could still try to have a go at it and do an unofficial time. I was wondering how close that would put me next to your time. I started using manual w/ clutch when trying to beat your time in the Laguna Seca round and it changed how the car feels dramatically, I'm feeling more confident when downshifting especially. I used to suffer a lot of instability when braking when using manual without clutch.

Now the problem I'm having sometimes is that the engine will actually shut off if I downshift improperly, problem is I haven't actually sorted out what improperly entails. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I just notice that my downshift wasn't as nice as I hoped and then boom the engine cuts off entirely. It happened a lot more in the previous round, maybe I got a better hang of it now and won't happen again :scared:.

Thanks man! I guess you could still try to have a go at it and do an unofficial time. I was wondering how close that would put me next to your time. I started using manual w/ clutch when trying to beat your time in the Laguna Seca round and it changed how the car feels dramatically, I'm feeling more confident when downshifting especially. I used to suffer a lot of instability when braking when using manual without clutch.

Now the problem I'm having sometimes is that the engine will actually shut off if I downshift improperly, problem is I haven't actually sorted out what improperly entails. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I just notice that my downshift wasn't as nice as I hoped and then boom the engine cuts off entirely. It happened a lot more in the previous round, maybe I got a better hang of it now and won't happen again :scared:.
So is that where the jump in lap times are coming from? You've definitely gotten faster. I'm still 1.5 seconds off your time on the current challange. I'm trying to try a few different cars, if not, I'm going to have to give that CTS a try :P

One thing I've noticed is that if you slam your breaks to hard it can cause your engine to bog. Maybe that is what was causing it?

So is that where the jump in lap times are coming from? You've definitely gotten faster. I'm still 1.5 seconds off your time on the current challange. I'm trying to try a few different cars, if not, I'm going to have to give that CTS a try :P

One thing I've noticed is that if you slam your breaks to hard it can cause your engine to bog. Maybe that is what was causing it?

I'd say the latest jump was due to that but I had actually tried to get faster a few months ago, @Ialyrn was really helpful and gave me lots of tips and advice. Problem was that I just wasn't fully grasping some of the concepts she was showing me like early light braking and being mindful of the car's weight transfer when braking/ accelerating. Those things have started to click in recently, also @Im_Lukas pointed me to some really helpful videos when I asked him about braking tips. That was a huge help, also @prousonhairy was very helpful (and patient )with me, we'd go and race in private lobby and yeah I learned a lot from that, actually he explained the whole manual with clutch but I didn't try it, dumb me.

All in all it seems crazy but I've gotten about 4 to 5 seconds faster in this last three or four months, but I was very slow before so I don't know there was meant to be a lot of,room for improvement. At least I now feel I can compete in these hot lap scenarios. With actual races I think that's a whole different ball game, I'm not consistent yet so that's something I'll have to work on a lot oh also driving in the wet, I suck at it too.

Oh if you try the car I am using now I'm pretty sure I'm toast :), I used the Jaguar before the Cadillac and although it was the same PI it was a handful and was barely doing 2:18.xxx or close to that. If you tune it yourself would you be able to share the tune? :P That's where I'm feeling at a disadvantage because I can't tune to save my life, I have to pickup whatever appears on the recommended tunes menu.

As far as the engine thing, you could be right. It would happen under heavy braking at the end of the straights, but then it would start happening it would just happen every single lap although I could swear I wasn't doing anything different than before.

By the way the other stock challenge is up again if you want to try it, I remember you mentioning that you don't like R class cars but this one is pretty low in PI rating so its sort out f close in performance to a high powered road car fun thing is that obviously it has extra downforce so you can take corners a lot faster and with more confidence.

I'm not consistent yet so that's something I'll have to work on a
lot

This also applies to becoming more consistent.

I'd say the latest jump was due to that but I had actually tried to get faster a few months ago, @Ialyrn was really helpful and gave me lots of tips and advice. Problem was that I just wasn't fully grasping some of the concepts she was showing me like early light braking and being mindful of the car's weight transfer when braking/ accelerating.

I see it all the time where everyone trys to out brake people at the corners, but that isnt the way to run a good race. It is what causes the majority of T1 accidents to be fair, but always braking late and hard is difficult to do lap after lap after lap. It is always much better to drive at a comfortable pace rather than all out, and you will be less likely to make mistakes. This is why I always suggest people start of slow and work up to been faster, as it gives you a change to learn the cars and the track; and without adding undue pressure of attempting to be fast. I have always worked on consistency rather than speed, but the speed has built up over the years from experience.

Latest Posts

Back