Forza 6 Time Attack ChallengeOpen 

• Thread starter JR98
  • 127 comments

GT3 @ Sebring Wet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6:35.517 with the Huayra. Not much to say but I like the car and of course the track, just managed to hit 230mph down the back straight.

View attachment 558452
I actually tried that one first, and just couldn't get into the way it drove. It was likely my tune, but something else just seemed odd to me. Very nice time! I'll have to give the Hennessey another go today!

I'm happy, happy, joy, joy. Was able to beat my own time by over a minute (was 7:37.xxx) :) I nearly lost the car on that bit prior the left kink leading to the first hairpin. You really have to modulate the throttle and brake like crazy, it's fun and stressful at the same time. I still can't remember the whole track but still I'm starting to enjoy running it, some parts feel soothing when you sort of dance from kerb to kerb, I'll try it next on a slower class that should make it a lot pleasurable I think. 6:34.124

Edit: 6:34 not 6:24 I wish!

image.jpeg

I'm happy, happy, joy, joy. Was able to beat my own time by over a minute (was 7:37.xxx) :) I nearly lost the car on that bit prior the left kink leading to the first hairpin. You really have to modulate the throttle and brake like crazy, it's fun and stressful at the same time. I still can't remember the whole track but still I'm starting to enjoy running it, some parts feel soothing when you sort of dance from kerb to kerb, I'll try it next on a slower class that should make it a lot pleasurable I think. 6:34.124

Edit: 6:34 not 6:24 I wish!

Nice time there! I may have another run at it later if I find myself online again, will be sticking to my Huayra though. That is truly a good show of how much you've improved, taking your time from mid 7 minutes to mid 6s is not easy, so well done on the crazy improvements 👍.

Nice time there! I may have another run at it later if I find myself online again, will be sticking to my Huayra though. That is truly a good show of how much you've improved, taking your time from mid 7 minutes to mid 6s is not easy, so well done on the crazy improvements 👍.

Thank you, it means a lot! I've been practicing my ass off although now I seem to have started to plateau. To be honest I hope you don't get a chance to go online because I've seen what you are capable around that track :lol: (it's a compliment).

Thank you, it means a lot! I've been practicing my ass off although now I seem to have started to plateau. To be honest I hope you don't get a chance to go online because I've seen what you are capable around that track :lol: (it's a compliment).

I'm sorry!!! :P

Screenshot-Original3.png

6:32.785.

--

@Fat Tyre As you get closer and closer to the best skill-wise the improvements will get smaller and smaller, so harder to notice. I've raced with some seriously fast people and at first I would be 2-3 a seconds a lap off them while driving identical cars on a neutral circuit, without feeling I had improved much I can now usually keep that gap down to 1-1.5 seconds. Although this improvement has been building over a number of months now, with no focus on "I do this wrong", "I need to be better here" or anything, it's all just came through feel and racing with such good drivers.

Which brings me to another point, I feel as if I owe a huge chunk of my improvement to the drivers and community of the stream I frequent. There are clean drivers of all speeds usually present, and even without realising when following the quicker drivers you can pick up quite a lot of what they're doing and can see exactly how it is that they are faster. So if possible/if it's something you're interested in I would definitely recommend finding a solid group of people to frequently race with, especially if there are faster drivers or drivers of your speed present.

With the road cars done, every round from now will focus purely on racing cars. For most rounds tuning will be prohibited but there may be some (this one included) where tuning will be allowed.

I'm sorry!!! :P

All good! 👍 I'm not surprised, I thought you had a lot time under your sleeve. :cheers:

Which brings me to another point, I feel as if I owe a huge chunk of my improvement to the drivers and community of the stream I frequent... When following the quicker drivers you can pick up quite a lot of what they're doing and can see exactly how it is that they are faster. So if possible/if it's something you're interested in I would definitely recommend finding a solid group of people to frequently race with, especially if there are faster drivers or drivers of your speed present.

I couldn't agree more with that, I noticed that with Rivals if you happen to get a good ghost that's consistently faster than you throughout all turns you sort of start mimicking them and pull out faster laps as a result, on the other hand if they've been pretty slow on a particular sector and they'd ended up right on your face blocking the view it ended up being a real pain.

As far as racing I've taken a bit of a break from it, even some casual online races seem to take forever to organize and I had it with the public multiplayer mode. Too many rammers, often I would just end up feeling like I wasted my time and out of an hour I'd get at most one or two good races.

Last edited:
As far as racing I've taken a bit of a break from it, even some casual online races seem to take forever to organize and I had it with the public multiplayer mode. Too many rammers, often I would just end up feeling like I wasted my time and out of an hour I'd get at most one or two good races.
I would love to race with you and get a room going, but our schedules are so conflicting, with us being on different sides of the world and all :lol:

I would love to race with you and get a room going, but our schedules are so conflicting, with us being on different sides of the world and all :lol:

Cool, we could make it work though. I do shift work, my hours are crazy but sometimes I do have availability during the week in the morning to race. What is your timezone, what time's it now where you are?

I nearly forgot to upload my time for this round! I got a 1:53.288 before going to bed last night.

View attachment 560715

Nice one, that was one of my stronger tracks so well done on that time!

--

For this week I have chosen the Chaparral as I believe it has the most ridiculous wing :D. Was a little sloppy in sector 1 but had a good run for the rest of the track to achieve a 1:08.343.

Screenshot-Original(1).png

Nice one, that was one of my stronger tracks so well done on that time!

--

For this week I have chosen the Chaparral as I believe it has the most ridiculous wing :D. Was a little sloppy in sector 1 but had a good run for the rest of the track to achieve a 1:08.343.

Thanks! I was off by seven tenths and couldn't get closer so I decided to change the gearing, started shifting less and made the car a lot more stable.

By the way for this run I had a little go yesterday on the McLaren and the Lola and I just can't get my head around this car division. They have massive tyres yet they overheat instantly, they have massive wings but feel like that although there's some downforce there's no stability. At least that was for me anyway, I could only do a high 1:10.xxx so I'll have to have a look at your ghost but I don't think I'll be able to get closer plus my tendinitis has been flaring up again so I won't be able to run long stints and I need them to get my times down.

By the way for this run I had a little go yesterday on the McLaren and the Lola and I just can't get my head around this car division. They have massive tyres yet they overheat instantly, they have massive wings but feel like that although there's some downforce there's no stability. At least that was for me anyway, I could only do a high 1:10.xxx so I'll have to have a look at your ghost but I don't think I'll be able to get closer plus my tendinitis has been flaring up again so I won't be able to run long stints and I need them to get my times down.

I think I've barely ever used the McLaren/Lola so I can't really comment on them but the Nissan in this division I remember being quite a balanced drive.

The Chaparral didn't appear to have much trouble with overheating tyres but the stock tune does bring very excessive understeer when accelerating out of corners (probably to be expected with that HUGE wing at the back), because of that I find the best strategy to be just chucking the car in to the corner as hard as possible under braking just to get it facing the right way, and then using the great power to rocket out of the corners. Under braking and out of corners I found it quite stable unless you touch the grass or hit a particularly bumpy kerb (pretty much every kerb except turn 1 and the bus stop). Another bonus is only having 3 forwards gears keeps the gear selection quite simple.

These cars are frustrating. If you're not oversteering massively you're understeering massively :lol: I managed an 1:08.4xx but I must have dirtied the lap before because it was invalidated :(

These cars are frustrating. If you're not oversteering massively you're understeering massively :lol: I managed an 1:08.4xx but I must have dirtied the lap before because it was invalidated :(

Could that be a glitch? If you dirty up the lap before the current one should display the "dirty symbol" which if I remember correctly it's an "!". About an hour ago I had a go at it, and had done my quickest lap, 1:10.0xx I pressed the menu button and was surprised to see it didn't count it (instead said my current t fastest lap was 1:10.6xx) but I was sure that while running it it never displayed the symbol because I usually back off as soon as I see that.

This has happened to me once before and just as today I was dead sure that while running it it never said that it was a dirty lap.

Anyway great time, if you were able to run that time once it means you can definitely do it again and even more so you should be able to run a couple of tenths slower with ease. I only managed later to get to a 1:9.6xx but I can't see myself going any faster, the fact that I don't like any of the cars doesn't help much either.

Could that be a glitch? If you dirty up the lap before the current one should display the "dirty symbol" which if I remember correctly it's an "!". About an hour ago I had a go at it, and had done my quickest lap, 1:10.0xx I pressed the menu button and was surprised to see it didn't count it (instead said my current t fastest lap was 1:10.6xx) but I was sure that while running it it never displayed the symbol because I usually back off as soon as I see that.
No, it was just that I didn't notice that I had dirtied the lap before. I kinda don't watch it for the first few laps lol.

Anyway great time, if you were able to run that time once it means you can definitely do it again and even more so you should be able to run a couple of tenths slower with ease. I only managed later to get to a 1:9.6xx but I can't see myself going any faster, the fact that I don't like any of the cars doesn't help much either.
You would think that, right? I did that in my first couple of laps, and than proceeded to try to chase that for the next 15 laps :lol: I kept messing up on the simplest of spots!

No, it was just that I didn't notice that I had dirtied the lap before. I kinda don't watch it for the first few laps lol.

You would think that, right? I did that in my first couple of laps, and than proceeded to try to chase that for the next 15 laps :lol: I kept messing up on the simplest of spots!

Bugger, now I'm really scratching my head as to what happened with my lap. I also leave Rewind on so as to get am extra warning that I dirtied a lap, must have been tripping.

When that happens to me I call them wonder laps. Sometimes when I've been driving for quite a while I start day dreaming then I snap back out of it and realise I've done my fastest lap and I have no recollection of the lap whatsoever. That use to happen to me frequently when doing the endurance races in Gran Turismo, it always felt a bit spooky.

@JASON_ROCKS1998 Just to be clear in this round we can't add parts but also we can't even change the tyre pressure, right?

I know Im late to the party but would like to give this a shot. But Im confused. In one part of the OP says tuning is prohibited, then it says later that all tuning and upgrades allowed as long as not past PI. So can I tune or not??

I am probably wasting my time, a lot of fast guys in here. Whats the quickest way to upload pics?? Take with cell phone then what??

I know Im late to the party but would like to give this a shot. But Im confused. In one part of the OP says tuning is prohibited, then it says later that all tuning and upgrades allowed as long as not past PI. So can I tune or not??
For the "all upgraded allowed" is part of the general rules, for every round, but the "Tuning Prohibited" is round specific.
I am probably wasting my time, a lot of fast guys in here. Whats the quickest way to upload pics?? Take with cell phone then what??
Best way to do it is to double tap Y to take a screenshot in game then go to a site such as gamedvr or xboxclips to get the screenshot from and post it here.

I only did one run a couple of days ago, I'm beginning to lose the excitement I had in the previous rounds. Anyway I love the track but the car had so little grip it felt like ice skating.

Time 2:29.332.

@katpeeler the more the merrier! I just take a pic with my iPad or phone I find it the easiest, quickest method for me, no messing around with that DVR site thing.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Next round is up. Also added a poll to decide whether Round 13 (GT3 @ Sebring Wet) should allow tuned cars or not. Will close when that round starts.

1:57.843 and still not enjoying these proper race cars, they have too much torque for me. I used traction control because I couldn't drop my laps from 1:58.3xx, put it on and although I felt a lot more confident by being able to just mash the throttle on the corner exits I only improved by half a second, meh.

Screenshot-Original.png

Round 12 is up. There's also a longer deadline since I won't be on GTP at all for the next week

Back