Forza 6 V8 Supercars thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 93 comments
The EMV8 sounds awesome on downshifts. Just a joy to listen to it.

The Altima is cool.

The S60 would be perfect if they kept the sound it makes, from 2000-4000RPM.

The Holden and FG X sound just about the same.

Another thing. I notice the Red Bull Commodore headlights flash quickly as if it were coming into the pits. I haven't noticed if the other cars do this.

See if you're quick enough on the mountain before Bathurst qualifying. New lap record set by Fabian Coulthard. Use the #14 Freightliner Commodore and see if you can go quicker!

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/new-bathurst-lap-record
Freightliner Racing’s Fabian Coulthard remains the fastest V8 Supercar driver around Mount Panorama, but he’s lowered the number even further in practice at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

Coulthard’s team erupted with excitement when 2min05.4786sec popped up on the timing screens, proving his Holden Commodore fast ahead of Sunday’s Great Race.

I may try the Bathurst 100 tonight. I've been testing at Yas and Road America with the #9 EMV8. Are there a mandatory number of pit stops to make it to the finish? :sly:

I really want to run the Bathurst 100 over the weekend. Not sure if this is available right away or if I have to do other endurance races first?

Still haven't started with Endurance races, but I guess this would be the weekend to do the Bathurst 100, eh?

Yep. The Leaderboards showing 2min6second lap times.

There was just no way. 26 laps, and my best again was 2:20 odd. Was pretty consistent with lap times, though. Used one of the Holdens, as it still had 0 affinity, at 15 now thanks to boost mods.

There was just no way. 26 laps, and my best again was 2:20 odd. Was pretty consistent with lap times, though. Used one of the Holdens, as it still had 0 affinity, at 15 now thanks to boost mods.

I did a 2:15.5 during the Bathurst 100. I can't see how people are going that fast either. And for the record, the fastest lap around Mount Panorama in real life, just posted by Jamie Whincup: 2:04.9!

David Reynolds getting it in on his FB page 👍
fQ0rICi.jpg

See if you're quick enough on the mountain before Bathurst qualifying. New lap record set by Fabian Coulthard. Use the #14 Freightliner Commodore and see if you can go quicker!

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/new-bathurst-lap-record

Not happening on the stock Commodore. This year cars were doing 300kph on the Conrod, while our V8SCs top out at 280-285. I don't know if the larger restrictor plate will give us the right amount of power, or too much for it to be a fair comparison.

The final drive gearing for Bathurst was previously 3:17. Off the top of my head, 2015 drop gear is set to 3:10 by V8SC.

I really enjoy the V8 Supercars in this game, they do feel like great beasts to conquer without TCS.

I did the Redline Series as a V8 Supercar Championship and it was actually quite interesting seeing them go around Ovals as they felt a lot like NASCARs and also found out that the Mercedes is ridiculously OP on straights, on Daytona it can do 0:49s on Pro Difficulty while the rest can't even get past 0:51s.

I currently just own a Holden V8 Supercar which I completely designed the livery. The goal was to be pretty simple:
GetPhoto.ashx

I really do show my dislike of Nissan though in Single-player V8 Racing, though :lol:. So I you'll hate my Drivatar.
GetPhoto.ashx

That's a nice touch on the Holden, displaying what appears to be individual dealerships?

VXR
That's a nice touch on the Holden, displaying what appears to be individual dealerships?
That sounds like it'd be a lot of work for an amateur livery designer.

Yeah, one that might be best accomplished by those with plenty of time on their hands. I'm slowly working on the Coca Cola logo as I haven't got time to sort it in one sitting and as much as I enjoy painting, I want to drive the ruddy cars too haha.

I didn't know much about that Holden beyond Walkinshaw and that it was a VL body, but it was interesting reading about it on Wikipedia. It's really, really composed on Mount Panorama, I was expecting something lairy. Love that it's colour is called Panorama Silver, too.

Most surprising is that it made its debut at Brands Hatch, yet it wasn't until 2003 or so we sold Holdens here by way of Vauxhall.

I think I'm about I've got about 10% more of livery done than you and they look almost the same. Probably one of the best liveries of the year

It gets my vote as one of the best.
Most of it are the proper sponsors at the bottom of the car and redoing the real sponsors on the C-pillar. The V8Supercar logo and Australian flags. Plus, 90th Anniversary writing as well. A shame we can't put the numbers on the window. I'll get it done.

It gets my vote as one of the best.
Most of it are the proper sponsors at the bottom of the car and redoing the real sponsors on the C-pillar. The V8Supercar logo and Australian flags. Plus, 90th Anniversary writing as well. A shame we can't put the numbers on the window. I'll get it done.
It looks pretty good compared to the original.

erebus-sydney-e1449036053964.png

In your photo how did they get the number on the rear side window on the Red Bull car behind yours? Is it a factory livery from T10?

I really enjoy the V8 Supercars in this game, they do feel like great beasts to conquer without TCS.

I did the Redline Series as a V8 Supercar Championship and it was actually quite interesting seeing them go around Ovals as they felt a lot like NASCARs and also found out that the Mercedes is ridiculously OP on straights, on Daytona it can do 0:49s on Pro Difficulty while the rest can't even get past 0:51s.

I currently just own a Holden V8 Supercar which I completely designed the livery. The goal was to be pretty simple:
GetPhoto.ashx

I really do show my dislike of Nissan though in Single-player V8 Racing, though :lol:. So I you'll hate my Drivatar.
GetPhoto.ashx
I use Ford Falcon FG X instead to wreck Nissan in single player.:lol:

The Liveries for the V8s are stepping up. Racing against some cool AI cars.

Just messing with my vinyl groups.
GetPhoto.ashx

Doing the Professional Racing V8SC series at COTA. A shame real V8s didn't do the full course. Awesome track.plus, the attitudes of the cars makes this a track I will enjoy during Free Play.

Latest Posts

Back