Forza 7 questions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 8 comments

Corsa

Premium
United States
United States
I see Forza 7 is on sale again and it's taunting me to have a look, I have a few questions.

Can we adjust FOV?
Are FPS smooth?
How is the FFB?
Would you recommend?

Can we adjust FOV?

No.

Are FPS smooth?

Depends on what you're playing on, it hits a steady 60fps on my PC.

Would you recommend?

Depends on what you're looking for from it. If you want a GT style game than yes. Most of the issues it had at launch have either been fixed or will be in the hopefully not to distant future.

I see Forza 7 is on sale again and it's taunting me to have a look, I have a few questions.

Can we adjust FOV?
Are FPS smooth?
How is the FFB?
Would you recommend?

1. Nope.
  2. On console, on track, yes. There's some lag in the menus, particularly the garage.
  3. Eh, it's better than previous FMs. I've used the CSL Elite from launch and it took some tinkering, but it's passable. It's certainly not a match for AC or even PC2.
  4. Yes. I look at it this way; even if it isn't the most realistic drive out there, it's still closer to the hardcore sims than they are to actually driving, and the sheer diversity on offer makes it an easy purchase.

I'm on the rig in my signature.

I appreciate the information, will give it a go for something different.
However, sort of morphed about the locked FOV thing.

FOV is locked, but you have a view closer the the windscreen without the steering wheel, for those with their own wheel.

I also recommend it It's great fun for a circuit racing game. Physics are good and car variety is a pure pleasure. I still remember fondly one of my race in a 60's F1 on SPA under heavy rain. That was tricky but great.

Are FPS smooth?

Xbox One runs it fine for the most part. The promised rock solid 60 FPS can struggle a bit with a large grid of AI cars, but it's not really a frequent issue for me.

Would you recommend?

I regret buying it thanks to how unpolished and badly thought out it turned out to be (slow menus, depressing home space, dull career mode, homologation system, locked cars taking forever to unlock, etc.). However, I'm still having decent fun collecting and driving most of the massive car list. It's no Assetto Corsa or Project CARS out on track, but physics realism is still quite good and it's enjoyable to drive.

The last Forza I played was FM3, I loved the UI specifically the music.
I remember enjoying it more than GT back then, but went PlayStation for about a decade.
Now that I have a decent PC I'll pick it up tonight as it does sound like fun.

I just wish there was a way to play FM3 on PC.

Bought Forza 7 & Project Cars 2 with my 1X.

Played Forza for a bit, played Project Cars for a bit.

Sold Forza, kept Project Cars.

I'm not saying I didn't like what I saw or played, I just haven't got time for 2 racing games anymore & Project Cars (for me) has the better driving/racing experience out of the 2.

Last edited:
Corsa, I moved right from FM3 and 4 to FM7. If you liked FM3, there's no reason to be disapointed.
Also I bought FM7 because of homologation and large list of race cars of all periods.
Homologation brings you races that looks like races, with a grid full of same era/spec cars.
It also makes cars that are not very efficient usefull and fun because they race together (4x4, luxury cars etc..)

hope this helps, watch a few let's play on youtube to be sure.

Back