Forza 8 news got me nervous?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 296 comments
I hope they don't go in a much different direction.....

I on the other hand hope they do as their current direction seems to be not having a clear direction, which leads to the end result being a focusless mess (Horizon is starting to have this issue as well in my opinion).

It seems they are edging back towards realism though, which is the direction they need to be going in lest the game become Horizon on closed courses.

As long as they don't go in the same direction GT Sport went to, I think we'll all be safe. Not every racing game needs to the same like every other to impress a certain crowd. However, if Turn 10 is making FM8 more hardcore, then by all means, go ahead. But, please keep the fun factor for FM8 T10, oh, and the CarRPG. :)

FM needs to differentiate itself from FH, because that didn't go well in FM7 (what were T10 thinking at that time.)

I'm hoping T10 will get it right this time, but I'm positive they will. They've been very communicative as of late, so hopefully everything will turn out good in the end. Although FM8 won't be exclusive to the Series X, so that would be....interesting I guess...?

Off topic: If there is one thing I don't want to lose, is the content that's been building up since FM5. There's something for everybody in the cars department. Now we need more tracks and other important features and I think we're gold.

1. If Forza turns into a hardcore simulation with the options of arcade assists instead of the current games that is a simcade with the options of arcade assist. I will be very happy. There are already many arcade racers on the Xbox.

Last edited:
FM7 is basically the same type of race over and over, only the car classes (with their oppressive homologation system) /tracks/weather change, so I'm open to a different single player experience.

That problem isn't really tied to the single player experience of FM7, it's the whole series in both multiplayer and single player. They have done very very little to advance the quality/depth of racing in the series since FM1, and in several areas they have actually taken steps backwards over the years.

Drafting is currently broken, which basically forces a lot of divebombs or just waiting around for the guy in front to make a mistake. There's no depth with fuel use or tire wear, and by extension no pit strategy as far as short-filling or only changing two tires or etc. There's basically no car management during a race as tire temp is barely a thing and unless you are doing something completely ridiculous it will never effect your race, there's no brake fade to facilitate late-race comebacks and such. Damage is now dumbed-down from what it was longer ago, as several parts can only go from 0% straight to 100%, so there's no slowly tearing up your car as you run it ragged.

The single player experience isn't what they should focus on though, they need to make changes that work in both single player and multiplayer.

Forza 8 going in a new direction.... I hope they don't go in a much different direction.....
This new direction is about improving the realism and simulation aspect, possibly even new forms of racing and game modes and exploring new technological possibilities, whilst retaining the fun factor as well as the large car and track count.

They're talking about a new and more realistic physics engine, and with rumors of off-road racing and completely dynamic time of day and weather, that is what could define this so-called "new direction". Some gameplay mechanics will also have to improve given the changes.

I highly doubt there will be a drastic reduction in content as the recent Forza games since Horizon 3 were built on the ground up for PC, and that since the Xbox Series X won't have exclusives for about a year or two, Motorsport 8 would likely be an Xbox One title as well, with enhancements for Xbox Series X.

Content such as cars and tracks should NOT be cut/reduced, the more cars and tracks, the better.

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport needs to go in a more serious direction to prevent itself from simply being Horizon on real circuits. Horizon can have all the street cars and all the CarPG collection stuff (even though it has its own problems with its direction).

T10 should make the next Forza focus on proper MOTORSPORT. Have a proper motorsports ladder career structure, cut the content to focus on modern up to date race cars and vastly improve the simulation aspects.

Forza Motorsport needs to go in a more serious direction to prevent itself from simply being Horizon on real circuits. Horizon can have all the street cars and all the CarPG collection stuff (even though it has its own problems with its direction).
That isn't going to improve nor fix the Forza franchise as a whole. Sacrificing one thing for another will never improve a game ever IMO (look at GTS for example). You're pretty much annihilating the entire fanbase to impress only the minority who wants Forza to turn into Assetto Corsa 2.0., which will never happen. I, and many others, don't want that.

There is a reason why everyone keeps saying they favor FM4 the most. It was realistic in physics, but still maintained the fun factor and spirit of Forza. For FM8, what will make it the best Forza is further improving on what FM4 and (in content and features) FM7 have left on the table for T10, while still adding new features, modes, more content such as cars and tracks (rally/off roading is rumored to come to FM8), and fixing everything else that pledged the Xbox One era Forzas, especially multiplayer which is also rumored to be like GTS but we need wait on that.

We don't need yet another generic racer, especially since pCARS3 and GT7 are going in the CarRPG direction which FINALLY is getting back love again.

T10 should make the next Forza focus on proper MOTORSPORT. Have a proper motorsports ladder career structure, cut the content to focus on modern up to date race cars and vastly improve the simulation aspects.
Cutting content won't improve the "MOTORSPORT" aspect of Forza. Road racing is also part of the "Motorsport" nature of Forza, not just GT racing everybody seems to insinuate all the time.

The simulation can still be improved, yes, but I imagine T10 will still make FM8 accessible to all players around the world like GT. And no, that won't be 'destroying' Forza Motorsport because that's exactly what FM4 did and people were cool with that.

Last edited:
That isn't going to improve nor fix the Forza franchise as a whole. Sacrificing one thing for another will never improve a game ever IMO (look at GTS for example). You're pretty much annihilating the entire fanbase to impress only the minority who wants Forza to turn into Assetto Corsa 2.0., which will never happen. I, and many others, don't want that.

We don't need yet another generic racer, especially since pCARS3 and GT7 are going in the CarRPG direction which FINALLY is getting back love again.

Cutting content won't improve the "MOTORSPORT" aspect of Forza. Road racing is also part of the "Motorsport" nature of Forza, not just GT racing everybody seems to insinuate all the time.

The simulation can still be improved, yes, but I imagine T10 will still make FM8 accessible to all players around the world like GT. And no, that won't be 'destroying' Forza Motorsport because that's exactly what FM4 did and people were cool with that.

I sure hope they dont go the Assetto Corsa niche. There are way to many games that are "Hardcore Sims" (AC, ACC, AMS1/2, iRacing, rFactor) . Thats not what Forza is. Imagine COD Modern Warfare decides to cater to the Arma fans. In both games you are able to use weapons in a war scenario, but thats it. They are completely different games, just like AC and Forza Motorsport. They dont need to cover the same bases.

I want Forza Motorsport to take the Motorsport aspect of the name more seriously, but without losing what makes Forza stand out from other sim racing games. I personally want the next Motorsport to be a competitor for Gran Turismo 7, not a competitor to Assetto Corsa or iRacing.

If you want a Hardcore Sim then there are plenty of options, Asseto Corsa, iRacing rFactor, ect. Forza has a nice spot as an entry level sim that I'd rather it not lose. As Forza has a level of accessibility that lets me use it to introduce my non car guy friends to racing games that those other games cant deliver.

As for car count, Keep it. I don't want to lose any of the cars just because it is not a serious racing car. I have recently fallen in love with the Australian Production and Improved Production car racing leagues. Forza is really the only racing game on the market right now that can really replicate it, and I would hope T10 can do something to replicate it in FM8's career mode.

Totally agree, the number of cars does not make up for this games scatterbrained shortcomings. It’s not even good on a wheel iirc.

I sure hope they dont go the Assetto Corsa niche. There are way to many games that are "Hardcore Sims" (AC, ACC, AMS1/2, iRacing, rFactor) . Thats not what Forza is. Imagine COD Modern Warfare decides to cater to the Arma fans. In both games you are able to use weapons in a war scenario, but thats it. They are completely different games, just like AC and Forza Motorsport. They dont need to cover the same bases.
Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself! 👍

I don't know why some are obsessed with the idea of turning Forza into something it is not, when in the end it will make you, me, and everybody else who loves Forza for what it is unhappy. It's just selfish.

Look at GTS, and how it went the iRacing route. Not many liked the direction it took and now we have GT7 that is returning the franchise back to its roots. Why should we have another AC when people can just play that instead.

I want Forza Motorsport to take the Motorsport aspect of the name more seriously, but without losing what makes Forza stand out from other sim racing games. I personally want the next Motorsport to be a competitor for Gran Turismo 7, not a competitor to Assetto Corsa or iRacing.

If you want a Hardcore Sim then there are plenty of options, Asseto Corsa, iRacing rFactor, ect. Forza has a nice spot as an entry level sim that I'd rather it not lose. As Forza has a level of accessibility that lets me use it to introduce my non car guy friends to racing games that those other games cant deliver.

As for car count, Keep it. I don't want to lose any of the cars just because it is not a serious racing car. I have recently fallen in love with the Australian Production and Improved Production car racing leagues. Forza is really the only racing game on the market right now that can really replicate it, and I would hope T10 can do something to replicate it in FM8's career mode.
Couldn't agree more, and I too want T10 to improve the Motorsport aspect of the game if it means not turning it into every racer we know on PC. GT is what got me into cars in the first place, with Forza further improving that with the amount of cars it get nowadays. As a car guy, it is paradise! My little bro wants to get into Forza because he recently got an interest in cars. And since it's accessible like GT, and makes Forza even better.

Both games should always compete with each other, and never with AC and all those other hardcore racing games most hardly talk about. We don't need anymore of those.

And watch it get lambasted for it the way GT Sport did?

No, thanks. Forza 7 did many things right to correct the shortcomings the Motorsport branch had this generation, but that in turn is wanting fans to make sure FM8 starts off on the right foot and doesn't require a bunch of updates to correct gameplay decisions made during the development. Your suggestion would not play out well in that regard.

Forza was invented to copy Gran Turismo and they goal was to turn gamers into car lover and car lovers into gamers.

So yes I expect them again to offer a huuuuuge variety of cars.

And Forza 7 already had a great selection of cars and also lots of race cars.

As @McLaren said - people just expect this from a Forza.

People who want a true racing simulation can still buy Assetto Corsa or so.

Lets hope the smoke clears in july 2020 finally.

While I don't expect FM8 to launch with a car list like FM7s on release. I hope it at least covers decades of motorsport like 7, with every event unlocked from the start, so those of us who do appreciate vintage cars, can work our way through the historic events first.

Last edited:
They won‘t do the same mistake they did with Forza 5 or that actually GT Sport did so I expect at least around 500 cars :)

From what I saw so far. They look like they are going more towards a simulation game that would be great. RIDE 4 looks like they are doing the same thing. Pcars looks like they are spending time making arcade options....

Forza should simply not try to please everyone.

Forza 7 was a great game, got great critics so there is no need to change stuff except for removing loot boxes this time.

We will see :)

Forza 7 was a great game, got great critics so there is no need to change stuff except for removing loot boxes this time.

We will see :)

I think I could take FH5 coming out first, if it meant keeping some of the FH players and elements away from FM8. - I never want to see a Shelby Daytona with a 'fighter jet' livery driven by a 'snow man' ever again!

I want Forza 8 and I want it now ;)

when it comes to avatars and liverys.
Well they are still optional.

can‘t blame the game for this in my opinion.

I want a sloth driver in Forza to be honest :sly:

I've been playing a lot of Forza 7 after putting it down for over a year. I've concluded that, while I didn't care for the game initially due to bugs/ glitches and poor design turning me off from the experience, it's a very good game that just needed a little more time to polish. I am feeling good about FM8.

I agree with the comments that FM8 shouldn't be another AC or iRacing but a bigger focus on Motorsport would be definitely welcome from my perspective with some stuff copied over from GTS. I never played GTS (don't have a PS4) but watched a ton of racing (FIA GT, SuperGT, Kie etc) and for example the pit stop stuff or other things are lacking for sure.

I also agree that one of Forza's hallmark features is the car list. I do believe that SUVs or minivans have no place in FM8 but I do like a bunch of road cars. I'd love to see a bunch of cars return from older FMs both from the road car and race car side, plus more current race car content.

I'm a tin top fan from production car and one make racing to LMPs and this goes from the '60s to the present, so old sports car racing, various touring cars, Group C, GT1-GT4, Renault Clio or Caterham Cup etc - I want to see as many as they can bring. I'd also love to see a single seater ladder from Formula Ford to F1 and IndyCar. They could also do something like the AC modding community like RSS or RaceRoom do with single seaters, like a F3-like car or F2-like car even if it's not the actual current Formula 2 license (I'd like to commend here Turn 10 and IndyCar here to bring pretty current Indy content including oval config as a last hurrah).

A big part of their problem has been that they have been trying to please everyone, and they have worked themselves into a tough spot because of it. They have spread themselves too thin and haven't been making meaningful advances in really any area of the game for several titles now, and it's catching up to them because the demands for FM8 from every subsection of the community have grown to be a pretty big job. The end result is a game falling behind that is starting to feel like an unfocused mess.

They have drawn in people from all levels of car enthusiast and gamer, and while that means success through bigger sales, it also means the community is split up and you have all kinds of demands from all the groups. Using the car list as an example, all parts of it have been complained about, from people who want more supercars, want more race cars, want more vintage cars, etc because we haven't really got enough new content in any one area to please that subsection of the community. Instead of focusing a bit more, car packs are just random things with basically zero cohesion. Usually a mixture of "tOtAlLy uNiQuE AnD FuN" meme vehicles that a lot of the fanbase drives once for a chuckle and never touches again, some trendy sports/super car, race cars with no competitors in the game so they have to be pushed into divisions they really don't belong in, and SUVs and 4x4s that don't really belong on a track and only end up being used for griefing or memes.

More generally, the hardcore racers want more options and depth, the casual racers want better divisions, the single player guys want better career mode, the multiplayer guys want better league mode and matchmaking, the casual general car people want car soccer back and more tag and cat and mouse type games and improved Forzavista, the drifters want window stickers and Fujimi Kaido, the painters want more vinyl shapes and masking tools, the media guys want more photomode and replay improvements, etc. That's not even getting into all the demands rallycross and off road racing and drag racing and so on.

It's so much to do that it's hard to have any faith in them making any meaningful advancements given their track record. We have seen/heard little so far to prove FM8 won't just add some gimmicks and do the bare minimum to justify release and then ride a bunch of positive reviews from casual gaming sites who play so little that they don't even realize how stale things have gotten.

Actually focusing on the motorsport side of things could bring some direction back to the series, and the focus could allow them to improve the quality and depth in a neglected area of the game instead of doing the bare minimum to get by with every aspect of the game like they have done with the last several titles.

Outside of weather settings, they haven't really done anything to improve the quality of the motorsport-y things since basically FM1, but have improved and/or fiddled with nearly every other aspect of the game. One could argue that physics developments are motorsport-related improvements, but the truth of the matter is that the actual quality of the on-track racing hasn't improved with the physics improvements, so kind of a null gain there. If anything, it's gotten worse thanks to the terrible drafting model.

I don't see many people calling for the game to become another hardcore sim. Sure there are a few asking for that, but I think most people just want Forza Motorsport to be a sim-cade circuit racing game that provides good quality racing with some depth instead of Forza Horizon: Racetrack Edition.

Wonder how many races during FM8s career mode will have a full day night cycle with a huge storm half way through. :lol:

@Morbid65
The thing is, they’ve not really got a need to drop any of the content they have already, they just need to properly focus on the ‘motorsport’ aspect from here out. Outside of porting in the Horizon 4 new cars (because why throw all that time and effort away?), they could add all of twenty new models for FM8 and it’s unlikely much of anyone would complain so long as they’re mostly updates for the outdated racing models we’ve had to make do with since FM5, along with fixing the issues of cars forced to race with stuff they weren’t designed to compete with because of a lack of true competition. (Think: adding the other GT500/DTM machines so the GTR isn’t forced to race as a GT3 car) Combine that with FINALLY getting around to properly representing motorsport. Tyre strategy, fuel strategy, dynamic time, and dynamic weather? And that’s all they’d have to do to ingratiate themselves to the majority of the community again.

Stuff like livery editor and photo mode and gag game mode communities are quite fringe, they just seem larger than they are because they’re more vocal than the bulk of the playerbase. Even then, that stuff can easily be added post-launch after they set the foundation for the game down. Significantly easier to add a new playground mode than it is to model an entirely new car.

Hopefully the Race Regulations beta in FM7 and focus on physics means the Motorsport aspect is going to be emphasized. All they have to do is keep the options to scale difficulty to keep it in line with the franchise.

ACC on consoles is a little rough with the frame pacing, but I’ve had more great races in 3 days of that game than FM5-7 combined basically (leagues came close)

Latest Posts

Back