Forza 8 news got me nervous?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 296 comments
I also agree that one of Forza's hallmark features is the car list. I do believe that SUVs or minivans have no place in FM8 but I do like a bunch of road cars. I'd love to see a bunch of cars return from older FMs both from the road car and race car side, plus more current race car content.
I for one love the Minivans lol. I don't mind the SUV's, and wouldn't be upset if they did end up getting removed, but I would def use them from time to time otherwise.

I hope the physics would match up with GT Sport or even better.
They're generally more or less on equal footing. They're both mid-level sims that are relatively easy to jump into, both have things that the other's doesn't do are easily interchangeable.

I’ve been OOTL for a short while when it comes to Forza, do have any idea on when a reveal may be? Or when Xbox is doing their next reveal (I assume that’s when we’ll see Forza announced)? I feels quite late in the year for no announcement, although that’s understandable due to the current situation.

I’ve been OOTL for a short while when it comes to Forza, do have any idea on when a reveal may be? Or when Xbox is doing their next reveal (I assume that’s when we’ll see Forza announced)? I feels quite late in the year for no announcement, although that’s understandable due to the current situation.
Microsoft has plans for an Xbox Event in July, no exact date is known yet. If FM8 is coming this year we will hear about it there.

Considering how little we've heard about FM8/Next in a while, I severely doubt it'll come out this year. Maybe a beta/testing for insiders this year with Spring release 2021.

I expect an announcement trailer at this July Xbox event though

Like I said again, since the Series X won’t have any exclusives for a year or two, I believe it is possible that Motorsport 8 would likely be an Xbox One title, with a version enhanced for Series X with “smart delivery” or whatever it’s called.

It will most likely be out this year as a launch title for the Series X. Before COVID MS would’ve had a press conference at E3 and most likely shown the next Forza to release the same year like they usually do.

Considering how little we've heard about FM8/Next in a while, I severely doubt it'll come out this year. Maybe a beta/testing for insiders this year with Spring release 2021.

I expect an announcement trailer at this July Xbox event though
I still expect it to release this year. We're not hearing anything regarding FM8 is because MS probably told T10 to wait/save their news for the July event. That is when we should expect to hear more news on the new title.

It's frustrating, but that is the only reason I can think of as to why T10 hasn't said anything yet. After all, they did say we would be hearing more about FM8 in 2020.
Like I said again, since the Series X won’t have any exclusives for a year or two, I believe it is possible that Motorsport 8 would likely be an Xbox One title, with a version enhanced for Series X with “smart delivery” or whatever it’s called.
Exactly. Who knows, it will probably release ahead of Xbox Series X's launch in September or October. The XSX version though, will release alongside the new console to showcase smart delivery. It makes so much sense imho.

Last edited:
What gets me a bit nervous is the absolute lack of information.
Probably they are keeping everything for the Xbox July event, but I am also worried the game is not coming out as they expected

The other thing is...I tried to post on their forum, but is always impossible to leave a post..

What gets me a bit nervous is the absolute lack of information.
Probably they are keeping everything for the Xbox July event, but I am also worried the game is not coming out as they expected

The other thing is...I tried to post on their forum, but is always impossible to leave a post..
Of all the credible XB insiders out there. Most aren’t expecting FM8 this year. Seems more likely there’ll be an FH4 expansion.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

July 23, Xbox Games Showcase, mark the date!
Marked!

I'm excited to see what T10 will show at the event. After all, they promised there will be more news in 2020. It was also confirmed to be playable by Chris Esaki back in December 2019. They haven't said anything because they are waiting for the xbox event to happen. Keep the hype until the 23rd of July 2020, while letting the other racing games make their announcements before yours. Once that is all over, all eyes will be on T10 and the other first parties at the xbox event.

It's frustrating, sure, but it's a clever strategy by T10 if that is what they were planning IMO. Also, I'm positive FM8 will release this year. No way T10 will out this year unless they had something BIG in the works, but obviously that will be saved for their next game. What T10 will release will probably be the foundation for the next Forza Motorsport, especially if this FM turns out to be a reboot.

I have faith Turn 10 won't mess up. This FM will probably be their best one after FM4. Let's go!!

I have a horrible feeling they are going to do a GT Sport..and lose a fanbase that made them

Maybe, but Forza has Motorsport and Horizon to fiddle with. I could see them making Motorsport more of an esports thing and tweaking Horizon so that it has some more serious elements for the casual-but-not-NFS-please crowd. Between the two they can probably satisfy a fairly wide audience, whereas Gran Turismo doesn't have that option.

As long as they don't go in the same direction GT Sport went to, I think we'll all be safe. Not every racing game needs to the same like every other to impress a certain crowd. However, if Turn 10 is making FM8 more hardcore, then by all means, go ahead. But, please keep the fun factor for FM8 T10, oh, and the CarRPG. :)

FM needs to differentiate itself from FH, because that didn't go well in FM7 (what were T10 thinking at that time.)

I'm hoping T10 will get it right this time, but I'm positive they will. They've been very communicative as of late, so hopefully everything will turn out good in the end. Although FM8 won't be exclusive to the Series X, so that would be....interesting I guess...?

Off topic: If there is one thing I don't want to lose, is the content that's been building up since FM5. There's something for everybody in the cars department. Now we need more tracks and other important features and I think we're gold.

I hundred percent agree with the GT Sport statement, I got GTS, and for me, I just ran out of things to do way to quickly, as all of the shoddy Australian sport mode lobbies are full of rammers and noobs, even in A/S, which just makes the racing unpleasant, especially since GTS does not have a good offline or single player alternative. In any case, very excited to see where FM8 goes!

Just trust them. Turn 10 has a perfect record of putting out a high quality product. Forza has huge name recognition in gaming. Every sim racer is compared to it especially on console. There’s literally never been a bad Forza game like ever. Forza has been called the king of racing for more than a decade. Forza is like the highest ranked racing franchise in the history of gaming.

Just trust them. Turn 10 has a perfect record of putting out a high quality product. Forza has huge name recognition in gaming. Every sim racer is compared to it especially on console. There’s literally never been a bad Forza game like ever. Forza has been called the king of racing for more than a decade. Forza is like the highest ranked racing franchise in the history of gaming.
I disagree, I think that yes, they are always compared against, but no, they have made mistakes and IMO I think Forza 7 was a bit of a shocker as sims go. Although it might be argued that it is better than GTS (which I agree with), GTS lacks in cars and tracks it makes up for it with its vibrant online communities. In any case, I'm hoping for the best with Forza 8, and hoping for a big reboot back to the days of FM4. That's just my 2 cents in any case! :)

I disagree, I think that yes, they are always compared against, but no, they have made mistakes and IMO I think Forza 7 was a bit of a shocker as sims go. Although it might be argued that it is better than GTS (which I agree with), GTS lacks in cars and tracks it makes up for it with its vibrant online communities. In any case, I'm hoping for the best with Forza 8, and hoping for a big reboot back to the days of FM4. That's just my 2 cents in any case! :)
GT? What kind of joke is that? At this point GT is just playing catch up and implementing/copying features turn 10 came up with first going all the way back to the 360 era. That’s pretty sad. GT has been in a pathetic state for a while now that’s why it fell off so hard. The average gamer doesn’t even know GT exists anymore. GT is literally the poor man’s Forza at this point because all they have been doing is playing catch-up to Forza. Forza always runs circles around GT, and no doubt FM8 will continue that. So don't doubt Turn 10 at all, they always deliver, has perfect record, and never fail with Forza being the undisputed king of racing games.

GT? What kind of joke is that? At this point GT is just playing catch up and implementing/copying features turn 10 came up with first going all the way back to the 360 era. That’s pretty sad. GT has been in a pathetic state for a while now that’s why it fell off so hard. The average gamer doesn’t even know GT exists anymore. GT is literally the poor man’s Forza at this point because all they have been doing is playing catch-up to Forza. Forza always runs circles around GT, and no doubt FM8 will continue that. So don't doubt Turn 10 at all, they always deliver, has perfect record, and never fail with Forza being the undisputed king of racing games.
It's fine to have different opinions, but be respectful. And yes, Forza may be the undisputed king of racing "games" but most certainly not simcades or simulation. Also, don't even pretend T10 hasn't made any mistakes. Just have a look at the F8 trailer. I definitely see a whole lot of gameplay xD.

It's fine to have different opinions, but be respectful. And yes, Forza may be the undisputed king of racing "games" but most certainly not simcades or simulation. Also, don't even pretend T10 hasn't made any mistakes. Just have a look at the F8 trailer. I definitely see a whole lot of gameplay xD.
Does respectful mean you have to hold back the truth? Also, "game" is the most important aspect, above "simcades" or "simulation"; like GT5 is a 10/10 simulator in a 5/10 game.... that's a derogatory declaration. And for F8 trailer what's the problem honestly of not showing gameplay? They don't need to hype up the game with gameplay showings in trailer, which can make others more curious and hyped up when more of it is shown later, with the outstanding graphics and motorsport garage atmosphere they show, and that what matters is the end product.

Does respectful mean you have to hold back the truth? Also, "game" is the most important aspect, above "simcades" or "simulation"; like GT5 is a 10/10 simulator in a 5/10 game.... that's a derogatory declaration. And for F8 trailer what's the problem honestly of not showing gameplay? They don't need to hype up the game with gameplay showings in trailer, which can make others more curious and hyped up when more of it is shown later, with the outstanding graphics and motorsport garage atmosphere they show, and that what matters is the end product.
Respect isn't about holding back truth from anyone, it's just about being decent. Thought you should have learnt that... In any case, the F8 trailer was just propaganda fluff IMO. But when it comes down to it, yes, what matters is the end product. And of course, if you want to play fun games by all means play games that suit you, but you can't condemn a game because it is not what you want it to be, like how out of the console games, GT is much more of a Sim, focused on actual driving, not putting V12s and 999999999HP in every car, like Forza...

Last edited:
As long as this new approach improved the actual racing (which has been stagnant since Forza 2 basically), and allows them to respond to feedback and update the game quickly (which they’ve hinted at) this should be a solid game.

The biggest issues with past Forza games were the lack of communication and how long it took to fix issues or update the game

I have to agree, Forza 7 was a dissapointment for me. It had a great car list, decent track list and fantastic free race mode. I'm not that keen on the rest of it though, The handling is ok, but isn't any better than GT Sport (the two games simply differ in some aspects of what they do best physics wise), the races aren't particularly fun against the AI and the championship structure was attrocious. That is the truth of my opinion. I certainly do not think "The average gamer doesn’t even know GT exists anymore", that's just a bit of an over the top exaggeration to me.

Ultimately I want both series to be the best they can be, ironically I think both Forza 4 and GT4 were both a lot more enjoyable as an experience than either of the series more recent iterations.

But it's all about opinions and personal preferences, I like both series, I think both have had highs and lows. At the moment I am far more interested in GT7 than the new Forza, but we haven't seen so much as a second of gameplay from Forza yet so I really can't get that excited for it right now. There's certainly no way to compare the two new games since we've only seen anything tangiable from one of them.

Last edited:
GT literally sells a lot more than Forza, I doubt "the average gamer doesn't know GT exists." T10 have far from a perfect record as well.

They don't need to hype up the game with gameplay showings in trailer, which can make others more curious and hyped up when more of it is shown later, with the outstanding graphics and motorsport garage atmosphere they show, and that what matters is the end product.
Because there's really nothing outstanding about a pre-rendered trailer that really isn't showing off what the game is actually capable of. It's just purely cinematic.

In any case, the F8 trailer was just propaganda fluff IMO
It's pretty obvious that you don't know what Propaganda means.

Because there's really nothing outstanding about a pre-rendered trailer that really isn't showing off what the game is actually capable of. It's just purely cinematic.

It's pretty obvious that you don't know what Propaganda means.
Propaganda is misleading information. I used the word propaganda because I am pretty darn sure that the actual game won't look like it did in the trailer, as well as the fact using "in-engine" makes people think that it was rendered in the actual game, when it was not. That's why I think it's misleading information, and therefore, imo propaganda.

Propaganda is misleading information. I used the word propaganda because I am pretty darn sure that the actual game won't look like it did in the trailer, as well as the fact using "in-engine" makes people think that it was rendered in the actual game, when it was not. That's why I think it's misleading information, and therefore, imo propaganda.
It's not misleading. It's a typical game trailer that doesn't show gameplay - No game will look just like its theatrical trailer. You seem to at least have some understanding of what the word means, which makes it odd how you continue to misuse it - Which probably also stems from the fact that you don't fully understand what In-Engine means then.

In a way all game reveal trailers are a form or propaganda and advertising, you see it on the TV every commerical break "our product is better than that one" "our prices are better than those" etc. Adverts and by extension trailers are all biased towards themselves. What would be the point if they weren't? They are there to promote themselves.

However it is not shocking, surprising or misleading for a first reveal trailer to not represent the final product. That's like being offended that a sausage isn't a just a pile mince meat because you saw one early in the production line just as it had come out the meat grinder.

I sure hope they dont go the Assetto Corsa niche. There are way to many games that are "Hardcore Sims" (AC, ACC, AMS1/2, iRacing, rFactor) . Thats not what Forza is. Imagine COD Modern Warfare decides to cater to the Arma fans. In both games you are able to use weapons in a war scenario, but thats it. They are completely different games, just like AC and Forza Motorsport. They dont need to cover the same bases.

And those "way too many games" need Forza's brand of graphics, variety and well, to some degree, car sound. A small handful of sounds are well done in Forza and these sims often ignore that.

Gosh, I would LOVE an Assetto Corsa driving model in a game like Forza. Why wouldn't anyone? There are always assists and aids to dumb down the driving model for those who prefer an arcade experience.

Back