More Forza Motorsport Details are Coming in Forza Monthly Today

• Thread starter Famine
  • 31 comments
Unfortunately no one with a standard disk drive on Series S, or an Xbox One, will be able to play it...
Or Forza Horizon...
Or Starfield...
Or anything else...!

"Play anwhere"... :lol:

This has been the situation since Starfield launched. 4 days later...
IMG_20230911_170849.jpg

After 23 minutes, it now says Wait 15 minutes.

Just the 38 minutes to start up Forza Horizon 5 then...!

Imagine the wait time when they add FM23 on to the Servers...

Would be quicker to download it...!
if I didn't have a Series S... 😡😡

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

More Forza Motorsport Details are Coming in Forza Monthly Today

With less than a month to go until Forza Motorsport hits the shelves, Turn 10 is set to show off more of the title in a special Forza Monthly stream today, September 11...
This has 100% nothing to do with the fact that The Crew Motorfest launches today in early access. 😅
(I’m getting both games btw 😎)

I'm just not feeling this game. I watched SuperGT play it yesterday and it looks or feels no different than FM7. There's no way they spent 6 years on this. It's just a graphical upgrade. On the bright side, it's confirmed by HokiHoshi that the cockpit animation has 360° rotation. So yeah....

In that case, it's a good thing that several of the content creators who received preview footage stressed that Turn10 had told them the AI wasn't final build. Let's hope it improves before release to match the frontrunners as they imply.

As for how it feels, I'll wait to play it myself before making a judgment as many of those creators noticed an improvement.

Last edited:
I'm very VERY worried avout the AI. Seems worsent AI i have ever seen. Even The most novice AI shouldnt drive like this.
Although the AI was pretty hectic, I'm not too concerned with it. The positive take on that is it seems like they are not driving on a fixed line "rails" system. I wasn't a fan of the typical AI car being glued to the track on contact. I think T10 can tweak it to be pretty competitive and realistic.

From all the recent gameplay I've seen, I'm pretty hesitant on getting it any time soon.

1. The AI looks terrible on all settings, especially on the first lap. (Yes, the players were told of AI improvements coming but the biggest issue wasn't one of them).
  2. The penalty system looks hit & miss. Whilst no multiplayer has been shown, if the system is the same then it's going to be a problem online.
  3. A very lacking track list of only 20 tracks with no info on how many or how often post-launch tracks will be added.
  4. The consensus on the car levelling system seems to pretty much the same across the board & I'd agree that it's a pretty pointless system that could've easily been done much better.
  5. Some players believe the driving physics are better then FM7, some can't really tell any difference.

Gone are the days when we would get some money and start where we want. TBH that was quite predictable to happen here.

No AI in lobbies is the game changer - for the worse. Amongst the people i know here, we'll get game pass for £1, give Forza a go for a week, leave it to rot. I know not everyone would want to prioritise ai in lobbies but it's what keeps a small group of friends playing for longer, especially as we're on average 'casual' gamers.

I'm going to play it for a bit to get a personal take on it but I know this will be a very short term game for some of us. Now watch it get 10/10 on ratings 🤦‍♂️...

Gone are the days when we would get some money and start where we want. TBH that was quite predictable to happen here.

No AI in lobbies is the game changer - for the worse. Amongst the people i know here, we'll get game pass for £1, give Forza a go for a week, leave it to rot. I know not everyone would want to prioritise ai in lobbies but it's what keeps a small group of friends playing for longer, especially as we're on average 'casual' gamers.

I'm going to play it for a bit to get a personal take on it but I know this will be a very short term game for some of us. Now watch it get 10/10 on ratings 🤦‍♂️...
It will get at least an 8/10 by the majority because the only thing that matters is Visuals > gameplay

I am also very much looking forward to the game. I treated myself to the Premium Edition.

But I have to say that I watched as few videos as possible, just read info. I would rather be surprised.

The predownload is already completed. Something around 100gb, and there are an additional file around 35gb "high res track data" or something like that (am grad in the office and can not look.)

I am also very much looking forward to the game. I treated myself to the Premium Edition.

But I have to say that I watched as few videos as possible, just read info. I would rather be surprised.

The predownload is already completed. Something around 100gb, and there are an additional file around 35gb "high res track data" or something like that (am grad in the office and can not look.)
Using procedurally generated skyboxes instead of 360° photos did a lot to reduce the install size according to their interview on Digital Foundry.

Back