Forza Bans Confederate Flags as "Notorious Iconography"

Status
Not open for further replies.
..there are numerous buildings in WV that bear his name including highways and prisons, yet there are no call to rename those building nor to take down his statue which stands in a place of honor in the WV capitol building.

I certainly won(D)er why that is so, maybe it's (D)ifferent somehow??? What (D)o you think?

Tons of people in WV have been calling for those changes for a long time. Byrd was a P.O.S. and hurt that state tremendously. You may not hear about the uproar because no one gives a **** about poor people from WV, and the very Right run administration does their best to suppress those voices so they can continue profiting off the people and destroying the land.

But the great thing about democracies is that laws can be changed. And those laws only get changed over very long periods of time, or flashpoints where a particular issue is brought into focus - the Suffragettes for women's right to vote, Stonewall for gay rights, Civil Rights protests for equality - they all involved what you call 'mobs', violently protesting. It's called civil unrest. And they all achieved huge positive change for the country in gaining or moving towards equality for people who didn't happen to be straight white men. That is a good thing! Straight white men aren't losing anything, it's just that other people are gaining something. Why would you be against that?

Hell, even America itself was formed by an armed 'mob' violently resisting a bunch of Brits over some tea. Are you against that too? Pretty unpatriotic to say that, I'd wager.

Yet people pulling down a statue of a literal slave trading, human trafficking monster, is immoral because... Why?

The historical illiteracy of this post is truly remarkable.

Reactions: VBR
Stand up against who? Who exactly is "taking your rights"...?
I've explained myself I think very clear and have spent to much time here on this forum in which I normally never post. Have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, just maybe, you don't have a coherent response?

I think you've seen that I do, but it's like trying to explain the Theory of Relativity to a Sparrow.

No matter how well I explain it the bird will never understand because their brain is simply too small.

The thing I've learned in all my years is to never debate with someone who will not agree that 2+2 = 4. Because to them, facts don't matter and you can never win the debate with a person like that. And even then you will just call me a racist. Again, refer back to the Sparrow.

Wonder if I'll get in trouble for this Tunnock's Teacake livery?

I wouldn't chance it. I deleted all the Liberty Walk designs I had downloaded. I also looked at other non-LB designs I had. Good thing I did because some older Japanese related liveries had some old-school NGK spark plug logos that have the rising Sun as it's background. Would've never noticed it otherwise.

I think you've seen that I do, but it's like trying to explain the Theory of Relativity to a Sparrow.

No matter how well I explain it the bird will never understand because their brain is simply too small.

The thing I've learned in all my years is to never debate with someone who will not agree that 2+2 = 4. Because to them, facts don't matter and you can never win the debate with a person like that. And even then you will just call me a racist. Again, refer back to the Sparrow.
Ah, I see the problem. You're trying to "win" rather than discuss.

So what part was I wrong about exactly? Genuinely interested in what I got so drastically wrong that it prompted you to say I have the brain of a sparrow.

Can you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back