Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
I think I just chucked all handling upgrades on and then power for what was left to reach S1 PI limit, I saw you had beat me earlier and figured there must be some more time left. I couldn't catch you in the F-150 showcase today, there's still a lot of time to gain but it's difficult to get a clean run.

The only problem i'm having with my R32 is the gearing. Still tweaking my first gear to get a good launch. Spent 30 mins trying to get it right, but that Golf launches hard off the line. I gave up and just gave it a go in the Huracan.

The only problem i'm having with my R32 is the gearing. Still tweaking my first gear to get a good launch. Spent 30 mins trying to get it right, but that Golf launches hard off the line. I gave up and just gave it a go in the Huracan.

I'm running the 1.6 Turbo rally engine in the Golf which may be why it launches so hard, I think if I can scrape another half a second off my time I'll have hit my limit with the Golf as it is now. May have to see what kind of build the Golf R in the top 10 :eek: is running if you go any faster.

(If anyone's wondering what we're on about - S1 Rivals - San Giovanni - Anello Street Race)

I generally don't bother with S1 or S2 rival races, but I'll usually give it a go in A Class and down. I've been getting my ass kicked pretty good lately, though.

I'm running the 1.6 Turbo rally engine in the Golf which may be why it launches so hard, I think if I can scrape another half a second off my time I'll have hit my limit with the Golf as it is now. May have to see what kind of build the Golf R in the top 10 :eek: is running if you go any faster.

(If anyone's wondering what we're on about - S1 Rivals - San Giovanni - Anello Street Race)

That explains everything :crazy:

I generally don't bother with S1 or S2 rival races, but I'll usually give it a go in A Class and down. I've been getting my ass kicked pretty good lately, though.

San Giovanni seems to be the sweet spot in terms of rivals within the club. I'll start doing rivals within those classes.

Trying to spark some fun on here (like the F5 Nurburgring thread) before F6 comes out (even though the demo is around the corner).

San Giovanni seems to be the sweet spot in terms of rivals within the club. I'll start doing rivals within those classes.
That Mugen CRX of yours is a tough little SOB to beat. i am throwing everything at it I've got (and I'll admit that ain't much) to try and beat it around San Giovanni. Your line through turn 1 (down hill, 90 degree right, transition from pavement to dirt) is super-heroic. You almost alway gain a good half second on me going through there.

That explains everything :crazy:

Trying to spark some fun on here (like the F5 Nurburgring thread) before F6 comes out (even though the demo is around the corner).
I beat your Huracan hill climb rivals with .34 seconds to spare.

Sorry to break the current topic about best lap times, but alas, I have recently encountered a problem in Horizon 2: it doesn't get past the title screen and is blocked at the "data synchronization" screen. Please help... :(

It didn't work. :(
When it gets that bad, I usually just shut it down and completely unplug it. Let it sit for a minute and see if it reboots properly. I have the download rather than the disc, though.

When it gets that bad, I usually just shut it down and completely unplug it. Let it sit for a minute and see if it reboots properly. I have the download rather than the disc, though.

I have the disc. But yeah, sucks to not being able to play this awesome game. :(
I've also tried this method (I have my XB1 plugged to a power strip which I can turn on and off at will), but it didn't work either.

Good to see there are others still playing the game and setting rivals times, I actually used to go through the rivals events and just tag random people from the club so they get a notification and see if anyone responds with a better time. Quite a lot of the D class leaderboards are almost empty within the club although I remember seeing @Populuxe Cowboy on a lot of them.

Sorry to break the current topic about best lap times, but alas, I have recently encountered a problem in Horizon 2: it doesn't get past the title screen and is blocked at the "data synchronization" screen. Please help... :(

If you mean the black box which comes up and says syncing data for FH2 is the problem that the console freezes? Or that the box just doesn't go away or is incredibly slow?

If the console freezes press the guide button just after it starts syncing (it usually takes 3-4 seconds of syncing before console freezes) and then you should be able to watch the progress from the Xbox dashboard without the console freezing, it may take some time to sync (in some cases over an hour) as Forza save files are typically quite big compared to other games so you can do other things in the mean time. From the Xbox dashboard you should be able to see when the syncing box disappears and this is when I'd open the game again, from here it should put you in the car meet and you can continue from your last save.

If the box is slow or reaches 100% and doesn't go then just press the guide button and leave it to sync from the dashboard, it might be slow enough that you want to leave it on overnight or while you're out to finish syncing.

Quite a lot of the D class leaderboards are almost empty within the club although I remember seeing @Populuxe Cowboy on a lot of them.
Almost all my favorite cars are D class. I don't have the reflexes to race well at S1 or S2 speeds, but D class races are all about picking the right line and maintaining speed through corners. It's a different type of racing and one that I enjoy.

Can somebody list the amount of credits you can get from car sponsorships when you win a race?

That Mugen CRX of yours is a tough little SOB to beat. i am throwing everything at it I've got (and I'll admit that ain't much) to try and beat it around San Giovanni. Your line through turn 1 (down hill, 90 degree right, transition from pavement to dirt) is super-heroic. You almost alway gain a good half second on me going through there.

Forget my line. It took me an hour and a half to find a good line against @Im_Lukas . Managed to top (top club) most of the East Wall Scramble classes except for class D (will work on later).

Forget my line. It took me an hour and a half to find a good line against @Im_Lukas . Managed to top (top club) most of the East Wall Scramble classes except for class D (will work on later).

Is that the one I ran with the Scirocco? If so I put a lot of time in to that both tuning and getting a lap where I don't screw up one of the corners.

Also I went through all the classes on Citadel Circuit in Sisteron and IIRC topped them all in the club.

Can somebody list the amount of credits you can get from car sponsorships when you win a race?

Credits from car sponsorships? It's been a long time since I've done any single player racing but I don't recall seeing these and there's nothing like this in online racing. Are you perhaps thinking of the affinity levels found in the Forza Motorsport series? If not apologies and maybe someone else knows more about this.

I've got new DLC from Project CARS, a new track editor for GT6, and of course all the shiny goodness of the brand new FM6, but I keep returning to FH2. I feel like I'm pretty much over racing games that keep you confined to a racing track. I only get them to keep myself amused while I wait for the next Horizon.

VXR
I hope they can be painted. Will be nice to have the stock RS7 in Horizon.

Only the wheels can be painted and the windows can be tinted, I'm afraid. Vinyls can't be added, either. The body work can't be changed, but everything else is customizable.

Edit: Forza aero parts can be added to the RS7, and possibly other cars that I haven't checked yet. I think it's a case of if the car doesn't have aero parts, they can be added, but if a car came with aero parts, they can't be removed.

Last edited:
The 10 Year Anniversary Pack is now available to everyone.

This week's Week in Review tells you how to get 'em. I've posted a link below.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_10_16_15
Interesting. I've already got all the cars downloaded and sitting in my garage from when the bug first popped up about a month ago. I wonder if I can drive them now, or have to go through the Hub rigamarole.

Only the wheels can be painted and the windows can be tinted, I'm afraid. Vinyls can't be added, either. The body work can't be changed, but everything else is customizable.

Edit: Forza aero parts can be added to the RS7, and possibly other cars that I haven't checked yet. I think it's a case of if the car doesn't have aero parts, they can be added, but if a car came with aero parts, they can't be removed.

Ah, bummer. Thanks for the answer.

Twiddles thumbs...............Just ordered FH2.........19 mins ago :P

Got FM5/6 to keep me busy for a while , well ok till tuesday i suppose then i'm gonna rag the crap out of FH2 , the idea of going mad on open roads appeals to me quite a lot :D

You'll love it, perfect mix of real world physics and simcade. Blasting through the European countryside is good good fun.

You'll love it, perfect mix of real world physics and simcade. Blasting through the European countryside is good good fun.

Ta mate , got FM1/2/3/4/5 an 6 just fancied to get away from track racing for a change . Tried the Orginal test Drive game years ago , this seems similar , but with way better graphics an sound , Hopefully it'll be just as much fun as Forza Motorsport is 👍

Back