Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
VXR
Play it like you're driving a real car on real roads and with no aids and sim steering and it doesn't feel at all arcadey.

360 version here. ;) I don't know how big the physics gap is between the two.

Try to drive a Porsche 3.3 Turbo set up like the BTR and it becomes apparent, (my only aids are rewind, corner driving line and ABS) that the car is a great drift car, but definitely not a horror to drive like the BTR. Therefore the sim isn't realistic, it won't spin unless you deliberately try or on gravel.

Last edited:
VXR
Play it like you're driving a real car on real roads and with no aids and sim steering and it doesn't feel at all arcadey.

Yeah I agree. That's the thing with Forza you can choose how realistic or unrealistic the handling is.

I get a lot of mileage from the game when I act as if there would be real consequences if I crashed, just as in real life. So usually I won't top 100 and if I do it's on a clear straight in a high-powered car. Taking corners sensibly feels really satisfying in this game.

It's when you race around with utter disregard that it feels cheap and nasty. But that's not the game's fault.

360 version here. ;) I don't know how big the physics gap is between the two.

Quite a big jump, if I'm honest. FH2-360 feels worse than the FH1 in ways. The physics feel simpler, more binary than FH2-XB1's more nuanced ones.

Try to drive a Porsche 3.3 Turbo set up like the BTR and it becomes apparent, (my only aids are rewind, corner driving line and ABS) that the car is a great drift car, but definitely not a horror to drive like the BTR. Therefore the sim isn't realistic, it won't spin unless you deliberately try or on gravel.

Stop using GT's results as a baseline for realism, and compare to reality instead.

VXR
I get a lot of mileage from the game when I act as if there would be real consequences if I crashed, just as in real life. So usually I won't top 100 and if I do it's on a clear straight in a high-powered car. Taking corners sensibly feels really satisfying in this game.

It's when you race around with utter disregard that it feels cheap and nasty. But that's not the game's fault.

Quite. I took the Evora out last night and put on almost 100 miles without even doing anything. Just a joy to drive around, whereas you never really get that with the Motorsports titles, sadly.

And guess what, mashing a computer throttle on an Xbox is obviously overloading the virtual tyres, much as you would IRL if you just thought "to hell with it" and dumped the clutch and wound on hard lock.

A car will drive as you want, if you drive it like a lunatic it'll respond like that.

I seem to go through phases on that front. I don't often make crazy builds, but I regularly add number plates to cars. One thing I like to do is add a black roof to cars that suit them, such as the S1 hatch and 458 Italia.

I've navigated a little track on the Horizon Map and My mission is to drive every car in the game around it.

Problem is I still don't own some of the really expensive cars in the Game

Like the Ferrari 250 GTO.. That's going to hurt my in Game Credits >.<

I've navigated a little track on the Horizon Map and My mission is to drive every car in the game around it.

Problem is I still don't own some of the really expensive cars in the Game

Like the Ferrari 250 GTO.. That's going to hurt my in Game Credits >.<

Same here. I do have well over 20 million credits on my account, and that 250 GTO looks so mouth-watering, but I really fear that they might be 5 million bucks thrown down the gutter. The other side of my opinion is "Hey, it's a Ferrari! What could possibly go wrong?!".

Alright, it's bugged me long enough, and I can't seem to find any answer anywhere online:

Is anybody else having trouble with their garage thumbnails not updating? A few of my cars just won't show their new, aftermarket rims. They have them on, once I get in and drive around, but even after that, the thumbnail shows the stock rims.

Alright, it's bugged me long enough, and I can't seem to find any answer anywhere online:

Is anybody else having trouble with their garage thumbnails not updating? A few of my cars just won't show their new, aftermarket rims. They have them on, once I get in and drive around, but even after that, the thumbnail shows the stock rims.

Is your tune saved? All my cars that I've tuned and not saved show stock in thumbnails

You're not the only one Slip, because I too have this problem but found a solution on how to solve it. To update the thumbnails I'll usually just chance my cars colours and save it. After that my cars thumbnails updates. I'll share you and others on how to do it. :D

• Step 1 - Add aftermarket parts and rims
  • Step 2 - Change your car's colour in the Paint Editor
  • Step 3 - Save the colour you've chose and the thumbnail should update

Hope this helped solve the problem you were having bud. :)

You're not the only one Slip, because I too have this problem but found a solution on how to solve it. To update the thumbnails I'll usually just chance my cars colours and save it. After that my cars thumbnails updates. I'll share you and others on how to do it. :D

• Step 1 - Add aftermarket parts and rims
  • Step 2 - Change your car's colour in the Paint Editor
  • Step 3 - Save the colour you've chose and the thumbnail should update
Hope this helped solve the problem you were having bud. :)

It's a good solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. :rolleyes:

The first Horizon game updated the cars thumbnail even if you just changed the rims or added an aero package.

FM4 did it as well if I recall correctly and I'm pretty sure FM5 updates the thumbnail after changing the wheels and/or aero packages too.

So I can't work out why this issue is here in the first place. :confused:

It's a good solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. :rolleyes:

The first Horizon game updated the cars thumbnail even if you just changed the rims or added an aero package.

FM4 did it as well if I recall correctly and I'm pretty sure FM5 updates the thumbnail after changing the wheels and/or aero packages too.

So I can't work out why this issue is here in the first place. :confused:
I had the same thought as well. :\ It's too bad it was never mentioned by players so it can be solved through an update, because I'll be honest with you it's really annoying... T_T

If you haven't made any changes in 'Designs and Paints' the thumbnail won't update. If you don't want to make any paint changes go to 'Erase Paint / Decals.' The thumbnail should now be updated.

Finally I finished FH2 on X360. Now is there a cash reward if I were to complete all divisions in one road trip race?

Have no way to prove it but I would imagine at least 2 more Car Packs before they go and Ford Focus their attention on Forza 6.

If we do get a Pack this week, I would guess any 2 of these 4 will be apart of it.

1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
1964 Ferrari 250 GTO
2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
1986 Honda Civic Si

Whatever 2 were not to be featured I would almost garrentie be in the Final pack in September.

But I could be completely wrong.

Latest Posts

Back