Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
Since I finally got my Xbox one I was thinking as a first move to get horizon 2(fm6 is a month ahead). I tried the demo and I loved it!!! Is it worth giving around double money to get ultimate edition, extra dlc and expansion (from 60 euro to 130 euro to get everything)?

People who have done so and recommend it give me your thoughts please.

P.S. is there a chance that I pay 130 and a month after a very cheap offer comes?

It's definitely worth it in my opinion. The DLC has been top notch, with a nicely eclectic selection of cars, so the season pass was good value for money.

Such a pity to be raining today... instead of going to the beach I had my 1st day playing horizon 2! What a blast this game is. After an hour of getting used to things I switched to simulation steering manual transmission no tc no abs and working on getting some muscle memory :P . The only thing I didn't like is how fast cars you get straight from the start. I like to start with really slow cars and work my way up slowly.

The only thing I didn't like is how fast cars you get straight from the start. I like to start with really slow cars and work my way up slowly.

This is one of the few issues I have with Horizon 2 after playing it extensively. While I appreciate how much freedom it allows, there is no sense of progression as a result. IMO, the original Horizon's career structure was better. It just needed a lot more events.

Guys it's official after around 2 years in the wait I just bought my first forza title ever.

Horizon 2 ultimate (of course)

Start adding me up for some drivatards!!

My nick is Igano80

p.s. lucky me I got the free dlc just in time. Too bad I missed the 2 free porsche :/
Welcome to the party bud! :D I'll add you to my friends list tomorrow when I get on. :) Oh and don't worry about the 2 Porsches, they'll probably appear back on FM6 in 2016. 👍

This is one of the few issues I have with Horizon 2 after playing it extensively. While I appreciate how much freedom it allows, there is no sense of progression as a result. IMO, the original Horizon's career structure was better. It just needed a lot more events.

Yeah. . In order to fix this issue I stopped the championships for now. Only doing cruises with D untuned cars and grabbing xp/travel boards and enjoying the awesome map!

I just saw that Storm island is currently at half price. Is this permanent because I have vip/gold or something temporary. In other words will this price hold on until 1st of September when I preorder my FM6 copy?

The beauty of the championships is that you can use the slowest car in class and you'll only race against cars of a similar PI to you. So whilst it throws the faster cars at you, you have leeway to go about it as you want.

VXR
The beauty of the championships is that you can use the slowest car in class and you'll only race against cars of a similar PI to you. So whilst it throws the faster cars at you, you have leeway to go about it as you want.
So far the championship ahead of me is the super car one, where I have to join with the ferrari (I tried to enter with a fairlady :P ). I was hoping this would be the case with championships! I guess championships in front of me will be better for my case.

What a game. I am a wheel player and for now I play only with the game pad, I am really amazed about how good it works. I love everything in this game.

Top graphics, great sounds, interesting AI, the car list is very good and there is no car that crossed my mind to buy and didn't exist so far.

I really really like the fresh idea this genre brings, barn finds hidden boards etc. It's such a relaxing game!!!

Just got my Porsche pack & Storm island 8)

My fav car so far is the Toyota 2000 gt. With some little touches I got to D500 and it can hit around 250 km/h. Really really fun to drive around because it is forgiving and efficient.

Next to the Jaguar barn find I came across a road that once you enter it you are transferred out of it. Is this a part for the finale perhaps?

Am I late to the party or have the Duracell and Alpinestars packs been free for a while now?

These last days I have been photographing all the cars (210~ so far) and fell in the love with Maserati Tipo 61.

I put on Levante with everything else on volume 1 and just try to tame this beast :). Many hours lost this way but it's lots of fun!!

I loved the part where the radio speaker said in Italian something about my Maserati :P

Well, I found out that they added some "Team Forza" cars to FH2. Forza Horizon 2 finally has an Aston Martin DBS, the only problem is that I have no idea how to get it.

Aston Martin DBS Team Forza.jpg
Audi R8 Team Forza.jpg

Well, I found out that they added some "Team Forza" cars to FH2. Forza Horizon 2 finally has an Aston Martin DBS, the only problem is that I have no idea how to get it.
There's a whole thread about it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fh2-ten-year-anniversary-car-pack.333277/
It's odd and no one is quite sure what's going on. The cars all showed up in the autoshow one night, I was able to download them all, get in them and photograph them, but the next morning they were gone from the autoshow, and although they're still in my garage, I can't get in them.

There's a whole thread about it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fh2-ten-year-anniversary-car-pack.333277/
It's odd and no one is quite sure what's going on. The cars all showed up in the autoshow one night, I was able to download them all, get in them and photograph them, but the next morning they were gone from the autoshow, and although they're still in my garage, I can't get in them.
Well, thanks for the link. I honestly don't check the sub-forums much. That's interesting, I wish I knew about the car pack earlier. :(

I'm curious to hear what @Im_Lukas feeds his Golf R.

I think I just chucked all handling upgrades on and then power for what was left to reach S1 PI limit, I saw you had beat me earlier and figured there must be some more time left. I couldn't catch you in the F-150 showcase today, there's still a lot of time to gain but it's difficult to get a clean run.

I hit 300km/h in a speed trap and was so eager to see the leader board thinking I was in top 10 at least, only to find out I was 29th....

Back