Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
Let's explore the whole southern of Europe on a 20 square km map yay.
Edit: sorry for my negativity, had a bad day.
I just hope the map is bigger and there is more stuff to do than in H1.
We all agree on the map size being laughable. Hopefully they have learned from the negative map feedback from the first game. Horizon 1 was a decent beta / rental.
Wouldn't it be cool if Forza Horizon 2 was a heavily customizable game? Like say you can customize your driver, and change its gender? That will be cool. It should also give you more freedom to even allow you to come out of your car and walk around.
Like TDU2? I am still so dang spoiled by TDU2. Love that game.

So tired of people complaining about cross-Gen. All of Neogaf is acting like it's the end of the world and are questioning MS's ability to produce games fort their own console. I am telling you now that this will not turn out Watchdogs. Playground studios released a really good looking and one of the most polished games of the Xbox 360's last years, worrying when you haven't seen anything? Please.

Chill out about the cross platform deal guys.

upload_2014-6-2_16-35-28.png
DMC_Ryan
I've woken up to worries over Forza Horizon 2 also being on 360. FWIW another studio is doing 360; Playground is bldg XB1 ver off FM5 engine
02/06/2014 15:30
DMC_Ryan
We were only shown FH2 on XB1. Didn't see single 360 devkit at Playground. It's plenty "next-gen," I assure you. More in tmw's big preview!
02/06/2014 15:33

And also,

ralphmfulton
FH2 has been built specifically for Xbox One to showcase the beautiful setting of southern Europe. Check IGN tomorrow for first screenshots.
02/06/2014 16:11

Attachments

• upload_2014-6-2_16-35-37.png
    upload_2014-6-2_16-35-37.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 10
So tired of people complaining about cross-Gen. All of Neogaf is acting like it's the end of the world and are questioning MS's ability to produce games fort their own console. I am telling you now that this will not turn out Watchdogs. Playground studios released a really good looking and one of the most polished games of the Xbox 360's last years, worrying when you haven't seen anything? Please.
You make a good point. I think some of us are concerned because there are games like BF4 that are a massive difference from the 360 to the X1. 64 players on X1, 24 on 360.

On the other hand Titanfall turned out dang near identical from 360 to X1 other than graphics. There will be some difference between the 2 console versions for sure. We just have to wait and see what the 360 version will be missing or what visual quality will be reduced.

Not really worrying, it's only weird to see that the supposed Xbox 360 release will include a weather system, when T10 was always saying it wasn't possible on the 360. I know it was PR talk, but still.

Not really worrying, it's only weird to see that the supposed Xbox 360 release will include a weather system, when T10 was always saying it wasn't possible on the 360. I know it was PR talk, but still.
T10 never said it wasnt possible. It was, but it just wouldnt be up to par with the Standards they have set(60fps).

IIRC, Horizon was at 30fps.

You make a good point. I think some of us are concerned because there are games like BF4 that are a massive difference from the 360 to the X1. 64 players on X1, 24 on 360.

Battlefield isn't a XB1 seller, games like FH are. People are underestimating.

Two studios, more time for Playground to improve. I think FH2 will run on the FM4 engine still for Xbox 360. It looks nice still to me but if it looks good on XB1 then good. There is no way this game can't look good unless PG somehow butchers the smooth aliasing and smooth framerate they had from FH1.

Last edited:
Battlefield isn't a XB1 seller, games like FH are. People are underestimating.

Two studios, more time for Playground to improve. I think FH2 will run on the FM4 engine still. It looks nice still to me but if it looks good on XB1 then good. There is no way this game can't look good unless PG somehow butchers the smooth aliasing and smooth framerate they had from FH1.

Tweet said it's build on the Fm5 engine, faith restored. :cheers:

Xbox 360 = :D:D:D

This just totally made my day. I can live without Forza Motorsport, but I was a bit forlorn that I wouldn't get to play Forza Horizon 2, assuming it would be next-gen only. With this announcement, I can probably conclude that I'll never get an XBone. I'm interested to see what the differences will be, not in terms of hardware/graphics, but what this other development team will do with it and (presumably) the FM4 engine.
We all agree on the map size being laughable. Hopefully they have learned from the negative map feedback from the first game. Horizon 1 was a decent beta / rental.
Speak for yourself. :rolleyes:

The map was plenty enough for me to enjoy (and continue to enjoy) over 20,000-some miles of cruising and racing. That's some "rental". Given the environmental details and panoramas, Horizon was probably about as big as it could be on a single DVD (FM4 needed two just to fit all of the cars), so I wonder what they can do about it this time. I expect a HDD install if they intend to give us more.

I'd be happy with a map that's the same size as long as it resembles a pile of twisty spaghetti. For a game set in Colorado, Horizon could have used more mountain roads. Cutting out the fences and allowing the SUVs to do their thing would also be beneficial.

So FH2 is going on both the XB1 and X360? That's really cool! :D However guys, we need to be sure which system offers more features. I hope both are equally the same and it's only how the number of players for online. :)

I'd be happy with a map that's the same size as long as it resembles a pile of twisty spaghetti. For a game set in Colorado, Horizon could have used more mountain roads. Cutting out the fences and allowing the SUVs to do their thing would also be beneficial.

I was never really bothered by the size either, bigger could be better, but I definitely feel they could have utilized the space with more roads and more variety. It was great discovering hidden paths or areas, and had they included more of this it would've been so much better. Let's see how they do this time around.

It's required only in the sense that the game was programmed with the system resource requirements of Kinect in place. In the future, now that the Kinect won't be a requirement, those system resources can be freed up and could be used towards the game.

This isn't how it works.

No matter what the system is required to hold 2% for the Kinect if the game is using it or not, if the game uses the Kinect than it will take up more of the systems power(not very much though.).

Not requiring the Kinect changes nothing power wise.

*Sigh of relief*

Good. Now I don't have to buy an Xbox ONE.

I'm actually excited that Horizon 2 is going to be in Europe. Never been there, but I'm sure it's going to be amazing.

So FH2 is going on both the XB1 and X360? That's really cool! :D However guys, we need to be sure which system offers more features. I hope both are equally the same and it's only how the number of players for online. :)
I'm guessing the Xbox ONE version will have more features.

Speak for yourself. :rolleyes:

The map was plenty enough for me to enjoy (and continue to enjoy) over 20,000-some miles of cruising and racing. That's some "rental". Given the environmental details and panoramas, Horizon was probably about as big as it could be on a single DVD (FM4 needed two just to fit all of the cars), so I wonder what they can do about it this time. I expect a HDD install if they intend to give us more.

Compared to TDU2, TDU and even Driver SF the map size was indeed small. Not to say I didn't enjoy it but it wasn't particularly varied enough for what it was, it was pretty and good but rather repetitive once you got to the R series racing and explored all the areas (even if Colorado canyons given it some variety, it still looked the same in the rest of the areas, being centred in one state and all that).

I'm interested in it, The Crew might be what I end up with but this might as well force me to borrow a 360 (or an X1 if my friend don't sell it) and buy it like I did with the first Horizon, southern Europe is a pretty vague statement though is nice to have some surprises. It could range anywhere from Spain, southern France, Italian Riviera, Monaco, Greece, etc...

I'll go ahead and guess somewhere including southern Italy, maybe Toscana, maybe a bit of Corsica and Monaco, I would be sold if such location were in place.

If the physics are as good as at least FM4, along with improved rally, night driving (restricted headlight beams and ridiculous day/night cycles), along with far better particle effects... yes, this is going to be a day one purchase for me. And I'm making this public... I guess I do not mind 30 fps racing games after all! :sly:

Though, 60 fps is still KING! :dopey: :D

TokoTurismo said
Wouldn't it be cool if Forza Horizon 2 was a heavily customizable game? Like say you can customize your driver, and change its gender? That will be cool. It should also give you more freedom to even allow you to come out of your car and walk around.

**Er, I think that's overdoing it a tad bit!

More customizing options for the car would be super nice. A greater variety of tires, aftermarket rims, exhausts and especially body kits, and/or other accessories like modding the head and tail lights, side view mirrors, roof scoops etc. And how about NOS in a Horizon game?

Hmm, something tells me they're bypassing tuning again.

Last edited:
If the physics are as good as at least FM4, along with improved rally, night driving (restricted headlight beams and ridiculous day/night cycles), along with far better particle effects... yes, this is going to be a day one purchase for me. And I'm making this public... I guess I do not mind 30 fps racing games after all! :sly:

Though, 60 fps is still KING! :dopey: :D

TokoTurismo said

**Er, I think that's overdoing it a tad bit!

More customizing options for the car would be super nice. A greater variety of tires, aftermarket rims, exhausts and especially body kits, and/or other accessories like modding the head and tail lights, side view mirrors, roof scoops etc. And how about NOS in a Horizon game?

Hmm, something tells me they're bypassing tuning again.
Yeah that will be nice. The more custom parts, the happier the crowd will be. :)

I honestly want FH2 to be really, really good. In fact, I want it to be the BEST open world racing game in history. I hope PG can do this, I have faith in them. It should easily beat The Crew because that game sounds to be online-only mission based... BOOOOOOORING.... Not going to mention DriveClub because it's just another generic racer that focuses on clubs and team work, I don't want that... This is why I hope FH2 can at least beat TDU2 in customization.
fingers%20crossed.gif

I know they said it's going to be on the 360 I just hope they'll keep their promise. Hopefully we can get Porsches in this one.

Back