Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
And I was right, as always. :sly::sly::sly::sly::sly::sly:

jv36J1DSudqMJ.png
Sooo smart of them to do. :)

This isn't how it works.

No matter what the system is required to hold 2% for the Kinect if the game is using it or not, if the game uses the Kinect than it will take up more of the systems power(not very much though.).

Not requiring the Kinect changes nothing power wise.
http://www.complex.com/video-games/2014/05/losing-kinect-may-make-xbox-one-faster
Microsoft representatives stated in interviews this week that removing the motion and voice sensor could free-up processing power which could translate into a jump in graphic performance.

And it's actually 10% of the system's power being reserved for the Kinect at all times.

:D:D:D Can't wait! I'm pretty much celebrating in my room. I think this is the game that will make me purchase the Xbox One now instead of later.

There better be rallying in it from the get-go. You know, because these

img_1681.jpg

col-de-turini-stacked-hairpins.jpg

Stelvio-Pass-Italy-2.jpg
That would be epic with a castle at the top of the hill. :D

I truly am pretty excited for this game. Looking forward to the official pictures and information. I still have plenty to do in Forza 4 but this will help me finally get my Forza weather /night day fix I have been asking for since the first game. I noticed it says "weather" and not "rain". Sounds like we might also get snow.

I find this annoying, seeing as how American Horizon didn't do a very good job of representing American car culture. Here's hoping Horizon 3 will finally get that right. Ideas:

-Set it somewhere in the Southwest.
-Car list heavy on muscle, hot rods, and real 4x4s.
-Don't use a JDM car where there is a USDM version available. Seriously, Horizon 1 using a DC5 Integra Type-R instead of an RSX Type-S was just wrong.
-In fact, don't use JDM cars at all unless they can be imported legally. Or cars like the Zonda R that are street-illegal anywhere. To be included in the Horizon 3 car list (assuimg it'll be back to the US), a car needs to be street-legal in the US, and if modifications are required then those should be accounted for in appearance and performance. Regardless of location, vehicles should carry front & rear plates as in real life.
-More customization & fine-tuning, not less.
-Real offroad.

Hopefully they'll let us go completely off road instead of invisible barriers.
I agree 100%. It was already a very tiny map and then adding the invisible barriers everywhere made the map even smaller. It will be interesting to see what decisions they make with Horizon 2.

I find this annoying, seeing as how American Horizon didn't do a very good job of representing American car culture. Here's hoping Horizon 3 will finally get that right. Ideas:

-Set it somewhere in the Southwest.
-Car list heavy on muscle, hot rods, and real 4x4s.
-Don't use a JDM car where there is a USDM version available. Seriously, Horizon 1 using a DC5 Integra Type-R instead of an RSX Type-S was just wrong.
-In fact, don't use JDM cars at all unless they can be imported legally. Or cars like the Zonda R that are street-illegal anywhere. To be included in the Horizon 3 car list (assuimg it'll be back to the US), a car needs to be street-legal in the US, and if modifications are required then those should be accounted for in appearance and performance.
I would not want these points.

Im confused as to why you would want only cars that are legally only allowed in america, when the game is about street racing.. which isnt exactly legal.

Im confused as to why you would want only cars that are legally only allowed in america, when the game is about street racing.. which isnt exactly legal.

Lol.

Also, to every one else, I'm thinking about making some FH2 wallpapers when screenshots are provided tomorrow.

Southern Europe? Better be some beautiful scenery and twisty roads.

I loved Horizon, mostly because it had the best driving physics I've seen on an open-world game, TDU2's physics completely killed that game for me. Hopefully H2 has FM5's car list + DLC, plus a few more, and a decent map. Then I'd be seriously tempted to get an XBONE.

To make it more realistic, and a better representation of American car culture. Now with Horizon 2 in Europe, you'd want to go the other way: lots of Euro historics, hot hatches, supercars, what have you, fewer muscle cars and trucks. The latter, especially, would be difficult to slip past the CO2 Police ruling Europe, though a few of the former have made it in.

PlayStation definitely needs a rival title, I love the premise of Forza Horizon but I just can't buy another console just for one game. Heck, I can't buy a PS4 yet so Drive Club is out of the question as well. Oh, if only EA did NFS games properly again... :(

To make it more realistic, and a better representation of American car culture.
Whats realistic is that there are plenty of JDM and Euro(and everything in between) RHD vehicles in America, Illegally and legally. So the inclusion of them isnt far off base. Thing is, the game was never ment to be about "American car culture" and I'm glad it isnt. Its about Automobiles and open roads.

Now with Horizon 2 in Europe, you'd want to go the other way: lots of Euro historics, hot hatches, supercars, what have you, fewer muscle cars and trucks. The latter, especially, would be difficult to slip past the CO2 Police ruling Europe, though a few of the former have made it in.
No, I wouldnt. I see it more as scenery, rather then something that is putting certain automotive restrictions on it because of the country it happens to be set in.

To make it more realistic, and a better representation of American car culture. Now with Horizon 2 in Europe, you'd want to go the other way: lots of Euro historics, hot hatches, supercars, what have you, fewer muscle cars and trucks. The latter, especially, would be difficult to slip past the CO2 Police ruling Europe, though a few of the former have made it in.
I don't give a 🤬 about a 'realistic representation of _______ car culture'. Sure, it's Europe, so a few hot hatches and Euro classics won't go amiss, but equally, no one's going to get mad if there's a bunch of big V8's and the odd truck in the game.

I wonder if Alice is going to be in Horizon 2. Or the 3 original radio stations with commentary. That would be cool.

Please give us a wider choice of music than dubstep, indie, and modern rock/metal.

Oh, and speaking of an "all-Amerian" Forza Horizon, anyone remember NFS ProStreet? Remember the Grip tracks in the Nevada Highway area? Where were those? I've looked along Nevada 318 on Google Maps but can't find any roads that look like those. I think that would make a good "base of operations" area for a more American FH.

At least make Alice shut up when I've found all the discount signs.

@White & Nerdy you didn't like this?

:P

Honestly, I think the original did radio stations quite well - music that I'll listen to (and enjoy some of it) but I'll never buy. Just like real radio.

Also, if you want non-street-legal vehicles I'd go with dirt bikes and ATVs, since they're a lot more common and probably easier to get away with riding on the street as well, especially out in the middle of nowhere.

I was just saying, that'd probably be more realistic than the ubiquitous R34 Skyline that seems to show up in every racing game whether it has any business there or not. People have them here, but it's not easy and the Dept. of Homeland Security will eventually catch up with you. Racing on the street with one would be a great way to draw attention to your illegal R34 and get it crushed sooner, especially if you get caught.

I was just saying, that'd probably be more realistic than the ubiquitous R34 Skyline that seems to show up in every racing game whether it has any business there or not. People have them here, but it's not easy and the Dept. of Homeland Security will eventually catch up with you. Racing on the street with one would be a great way to draw attention to your illegal R34 and get it crushed sooner, especially if you get caught.
No matter if the car was legal or not, racing will get your car crushed. So I fail to understand where you're coming from. California has some of the strictest laws when it comes to cars, yet I've seen plenty of Skylines around in my life.

For realistic-ness, they should have you start out with only shoes, then one day you get to choose if you want a bike or a skate board. Than getting your first car as a graduate from high school, a pass me down, or from saving money from your first job.. I'm sure you see where Im heading with this.

Thing is, there hasnt been many open world racing games based on specific areas. All the NFS games are fictional. TDU was in Hawaii if I remember correctly, I dont know the laws about automobiles there, but I know there is a big car culture there aswell. You would have a point if it was actually impossible, but its not.

EDIT: I forgot Midnight Club, but I never played it and I'm unsure what cars are in that game.

Back