Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 2' started by Frizbe, Jun 2, 2014.

1. dice1998

dice1998 Premium

There were some decent cars in Midnight Club 3 but nothing to write home about... at least to me.

2. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Someone get White & Nerdy out of here. These posts are on border of being nothing more than trolling.

Homeland security, ATVs, no USA or non street legal cars, what the :censored: kind of nonsense is this. It's a racing game.

GranTurismo guy, Noob616, VXR and 6 others like this.
  3. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

I know I'm late, but I'm so blown away that this will be on the 360. Finally, I have a game to really look forward to this year. Need to finish up with the original Horizon now. :D

4. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

The Department of Homeland Security most assuredly does not give a :censored: what kind of JDM candy you're driving.

I wonder if Southern Europe means the full Rally de Positano track will be back? I loved that place. Put in plenty of rolling Tuscan hills, narrow winding Roman streets, and mountain roads through the Apennines, and I will be very happy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
    VXR likes this.
  5. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Ideally, I'll have a Bone by then, especially as I imagine the 360 version will be quite different from that one. Horizon was fun, if a little short on shelf-life for me (and a sad DLC presentation after the greatness of FM4). So long as this is fun again, it's absolutely worth the purchase for me :tup:

6. Leoz96

Leoz96

When this new gen of consoles appeared i was totally a ps4 fanboy but damn, xbox one with forza 5, horizon 2 and that halo collection looks pretty damn good, hell, even the wii u with mario kart and smash bros looks like a better option than the ps4 (imo).

VXR likes this.
  7. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Do you have X360? If so, Forza Horizon 2 is going on there also. :D

8. Zelalem

Zelalem

The news will not stop...
    I'm very excited for the game. Wether i buy the game on Xbox 360 or Xbox One remains to be seen, because i don't have a Xbox One yet.

The Stig Farmer likes this.
  9. Gotbeefboy564

Gotbeefboy564

Hopefully the dlcs will be good.

10. Brend

Brend Premium

Sumo being in charge of the 360 version is fantastic. This will be a day 1 buy for me.

TokoTurismo and Wolfe like this.
  11. Gotbeefboy564

Gotbeefboy564

Never heard of Sumo are they a new company?

12. Imari

Imari

13. Brend

Brend Premium

Basically, they are the gods of making amazing ports. They also make fantastic racing games of their own.

14. Spitty

Spitty

I'm actually really excited to see comparisons between the 360 and Xb1 version.

15. John_Marsten

John_Marsten

Damn, if they pull this off, this could be the game responsible for me buying an XBox one. DAMMMMMIIIITTTT:nervous:

16. Gotbeefboy564

Gotbeefboy564

It's for the 360 too so you don't really have to buy a one.

17. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

Jalopnik is saying it will be set in Southern France. I'm expecting some Riviera action.

phillkillv2 likes this.
  18. Imari

Imari

I do like that there's a 360 version. As long as it doesn't suck, I'll buy that. When FM6 comes out I'll probably buy a X1 then, along with FH2 (again) and FM5. Three games worth playing is about my minimum for buying a console.

zotobom likes this.
  19. jtv90069

jtv90069 Moderator

All this would require is certain cars to be rare or unused by AI. They could still be available to the player for an increased cost(import/smuggling fee), if there's Police they're always chased etc.. No reason to leave any car out of the game.

yabiggoose likes this.
  20. DurWinning

DurWinning

For some reason when you say Riviera I think of Burnout 3. As for FH2 this may be the one game I buy an Xbox One for. While Southern France is a good choice the cover seems to remind me of Italy. I guess we have to wait and see.

yabiggoose likes this.
  21. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

But your list of "requirements" is a worse representation of "American car culture" than what was in Horizon 1.

22. Xavier2342

Xavier2342

E3 is next week, can't wait to see some gameplay. Even though I haven't seen any gameplay, I'm sold on this game.

ImaRobot likes this.
  23. DurWinning

DurWinning

When does E3 start again?

24. Xavier2342

Xavier2342

June 9th or 10th if I'm not mistaking

phillkillv2 likes this.
  25. Gotbeefboy564

Gotbeefboy564

9th on spike TV.

26. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Well I won't be watching, because that's the day ill be going current gen haha

phillkillv2 likes this.
  27. Xavier2342

Xavier2342

That's the beauty of the "SNAP" feature on the XB1 :tup:

Myles Prower likes this.
  28. Imari

Imari

If The Crew can do a compressed map of the US, I don't see why FH2 couldn't do similar for Southern Europe. FH1 sized areas of France, Spain, Italy and Germany all joined together, with intervening countries that I'm forgetting about because my geography is awful.

But it doesn't really matter where they pretend it is. It's just a name used so we can all play along and make like it's somewhat like the real place. As long as it has varied scenery (it does!) and varied road types (it does!) then they could set it in Greenawaltistan for all it matters.

Wolfe likes this.
  29. Akira AC

Akira AC

Care to give us an example of how FH areas like those? it covered the Colorado canyon, some small towns in Colorado, a dam, a riverside area and that was it, all set in autumn and it got very repetitive when the roads where a variation of long straights in corn fields, and riverside cruising.

Yes, the game was good, but TDU did it much much better.

30. White & Nerdy

White & Nerdy

When I say car culture, I'm talking about the cars people use, not the ones JDM fanbois wish they could have. Hence my suggestion to use an RSX instead of a JDM Integra. Also, they should be more thorough in making sure cars that can be US spec, are. I mean seriously, you see some of the videos of H1, some European cars still have speedometers reading in km/h even though an identical car with the correct speedometer is available here anyway (see: BMW M6). I know they're just porting models from FM4 and probably used the Euro version of that car, but you'd think that'd be an easy, simple change. It would also increase the realism greatly.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    Gerarghini likes this.