Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
If it's set in America then why shouldn't it?

Because not all cars in America are American cars, nor are all players Americans, regardless of where the game is set.

Speaking of, a Horizon Australia game wouldn't go amiss either.

It would if it comes with the restriction that the cars have to be legally available and common in Australia.

A game full of Falcons, Commodores would be fun for a couple of hours, but it'd get old real fast. There's far too many good sports cars that we simply cannot get over here.

Also, Australia has some good driving roads but 95% of it is drive straight for 30 minutes, small kink, continue driving straight. It's a solid ten hours between major cities. There's no real mountains to speak of in the entire country, so that's out. Plenty of lovely winding roads through bush, and some stunning coast roads, but the believable variety of scenery is much lower than that afforded by something like Southern Europe.

If you wanted to set a driving game down south, you'd do it in New Zealand. Great scenery and the whole country is made up of windy B roads.

You can drive anything legally here, as long as you have the money.
Personally I don't think that race cars belong to Horizon, but any production car goes.
What the game really needs, are more affordable cars and more in depth customization.
The car clubs that I know, don't drive all hyper cars.

There's no real mountains to speak of in the entire country, so that's out. Plenty of lovely winding roads through bush, and some stunning coast roads, but the believable variety of scenery is much lower than that afforded by something like Southern Europe.

Sorry but lol I do not agree with that.

I woke up in the middle of the night. My eyes and brain hurt and I can't properly comprehend this but I think it looks like "something nice"

198044.jpg

198038.jpg

198032.jpg

ibetlhiV5OcyAI.jpg

yjuNu2U.jpg

Last edited:
I woke up in the middle of the night. My eyes and brain hurt and I can't properly comprehend this but I think it looks like "something nice"

198044.jpg

198038.jpg

198032.jpg
Glad to see a Zonda returning. Other cars I see include the Gallardo Superleggra, Huracan, an SLS AMG, and an 8C Competizone.

There be weather in those pics.

Can't wait to see more at E3. Certainly seems to be the better of upcoming driving games.

Sorry but lol I do not agree with that.

Disagree all you like, but Australia is not a very mountainous country. What passes for mountains in Australia are low hills in places with real mountains. Simply because of where it is, Australia does not have the huge verticality of places that are actually on plate boundaries.

It's fine, Australia has other things to make up for it. But if you want the motoring experience of fanging through a mountain pass, it's not high on the list of places you'd look. Which is why they've chosen Southern Europe, because it contains almost all the motoring environments that Australia does, and more. Apart from hitting kangaroos and vacuuming red dust out of your carpets for a week.

Since there was no weather in FM5. Weather + Day/Night Cycle would be a nice touch for FH2.

And I find it funny that you think people in fancy suits buying new sports cars every two years, or JDM fanboys blowing insane amounts of money on cars that used to be sort of legal, to be more representative of American car culture than muscle cars and 4x4s. And for the record I never said anything against exotics, anyway.
My lord where is your information coming from? Entourage? :lol: you know so little about anything youre trying to talk about and it shows in each post.

For the record, no one said you did. However, you are taking the nazi approach with cars.

If you wish to continue, you can message me.

There be weather in those pics.

Can't wait to see more at E3. Certainly seems to be the better of upcoming driving games.
You must have missed all of our excitement about weather yesterday. Yes very excited weather is FINALLY making its way into the Forza series. :)

Only 2 of the pics loaded for me. The yellow lambo and the red evo.

The first three pictures don load for me :/. Anyone else just staring at the detail in the ground and puddle on that Huracan pic? Haha

@Imari so all those mountain passes, windy roads, tight hairpins and fast flowing sweepers I've driven on within a short drive of my residence in melbourne aren't mountains just because they aren't as tall (even though the roads would have the same elevation)?

I could have sworn those roads I've driven in real life in my car were mountains but because they're not as big as others I guess not.

Gee whizz.

The first three pictures don load for me :/. Anyone else just staring at the detail in the ground and puddle on that Huracan pic? Haha
TDU2 had incredible weather effect detail so I am excited to see how well Horizon 2 does with that feature. Hopefully lightning too like TDU2 has. TDU2 really nailed it.

I would guess those shots are next gen (well, xbone) especially the water droplets :drool:

Would be good if they'd be in the x360 version though :D

TDU2 had incredible weather effect detail so I am excited to see how well Horizon 2 does with that feature. Hopefully lightning too like TDU2 has. TDU2 really nailed it.
Could you get hit with lightning in TDU2?

Not sure. I was always going too fast. :sly: On a side note it sure looked and sounded like I got hit with lightning a few times in that game. :eek:
If you got hit you should try winning the virtual lottery now :dopey:.

Back