Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
When I say car culture, I'm talking about the cars people use, not the ones JDM fanbois wish they could have. Hence my suggestion to use an RSX instead of a JDM Integra.
How are those cars not part of this "car culture"? The cars not impossible to obtain. Just because these are sought after means that they should be disregarded? Each post gets more and more off.

Last edited:
Care to give us an example of how FH areas like those?

Er, I didn't say that it did?

I said that you could take an area roughly the size of the original Horizon map, and use that as a kind of "best of" a country's roads. An area the size of FH1 for France, another for Spain, another for Italy, etc. Hook them all together, and you have a map 5x as big as FM1 that covers some of Southern Europe.

It'd be even better if it was bigger, obviously. Bigger is better when it comes to open world, until you start getting to truly ludicrous sizes obviously. But I was more pointing out that FH2 need not be set in any one country, it could be all of Southern Europe compressed together.

Er, I didn't say that it did?

I said that you could take an area roughly the size of the original Horizon map, and use that as a kind of "best of" a country's roads. An area the size of FH1 for France, another for Spain, another for Italy, etc. Hook them all together, and you have a map 5x as big as FM1 that covers some of Southern Europe.

It'd be even better if it was bigger, obviously. Bigger is better when it comes to open world, until you start getting to truly ludicrous sizes obviously. But I was more pointing out that FH2 need not be set in any one country, it could be all of Southern Europe compressed together.
They wouldn't have enough resources, not in a 2 year cycle.

Although it might be the case for this game, I don't expect it to cover more than 3 (maybe 4) locales.

How are those cars not part of this "car culture"? The cars not impossible to obtain. Just because try are daughter after means that they should be disregarded? Each post gets more and more off.

My point is, there are a lot more jacked up trucks and modified Camaros running around than there are Skylines you have to register as 240SX's to drive here. Only a small subset of the import fandom would actually bother to spend $100,000 to import a car that'll get recycled as soon as someone with a badge sees it (and yes, the DHS does get involved. Something to do with the way importing cars works here turns them into a giant taxpayer-funded repo force.)

My point is, there are a lot more jacked up trucks and modified Camaros running around than there are Skylines you have to register as 240SX's to drive here. Only a small subset of the import fandom would actually bother to spend $100,000 to import a car that'll get recycled as soon as someone with a badge sees it (and yes, the DHS does get involved. Something to do with the way importing cars works here turns them into a giant taxpayer-funded repo force.)
It's a 🤬 game.

So your vision for an ideal FH title is one that should adhere to the same automotive constraints that you believe are presented in real life? But in a video game?

Well that just sounds peachy.

The funny thing is, is that skylines can be registered in America. If we are going to exclude sought after cars then that will include lots of American classics as well. Going by your logic, the game should only have POS commuter cars, and should have nothing to do with automobiles, and should be aimed at senior citizens, people who know nothing about cars and don't care to learn, and general everyday commuters that just think of cars as a way to get to work and get groceries.

Also, no, I see more high end exotics and JDM cars every single day I step outside. I forgot you live in Alaska, how much does it have in common with any other state other then being part of "America."

It's okay W&N, we understand, you don't want to have to spend split seconds scrolling over cars from cultures you personally don't care for, because Forza menus are slow and those fractions of seconds add up. C'mon guys, just think of all the proselytizing he could get done with the time saved! :(
Sumo being in charge of the 360 version is fantastic. This will be a day 1 buy for me.
Totally agree. I was just a bit concerned about who this additional development team would be, but I have no worries at all now. 👍

I'd call Southern Cali more unusual at this point.

And yes, you can register Skylines here - if they're very early R32s, or one of the few R33 GTRs that's apparently still legal here. The rest used to be legal here, but then it came out that Motorex fudged some paperwork or something and they didn't really meet the standards. Or something. I don't remember.

Arguing about skylines not being legal, but knows they can be registered legally. Really?

And that's besides the fact. In a game that revolves around all sorts of illegal activities your going to bring up a point of "JDM cars aren't in America" when in fact they are, legally or illegally like I already mentioned.

Also, what makes California unusual?

I'd call Southern Cali more unusual at this point.

And yes, you can register Skylines here - if they're very early R32s, or one of the few R33 GTRs that's apparently still legal here. The rest used to be legal here, but then it came out that Motorex fudged some paperwork or something and they didn't really meet the standards. Or something. I don't remember.
Trolling, or excessive stupidity.

Is a racing game, if they were to make it about american culture they would just add a decent amount of american made-american designed cars and not base themselves in the idea of realistically acquire them in the US.

I do like FM car list, is great, but is a bloody game, what needs the least is segregation, heck people buy the games and developers buy the licenses to see how many cars and how much variety they can get, otherwise it would be come the nightmarish car list of GT4 featuring hundreds of GTRs, Mazdas and Mitsubishis.

The very concept of having such a game is ridiculous, not to mention a grandiose 🤬 up from someone at planning or pre production processes.

So wait, Turn 10 is going to have 25 Skylines in this game? They better have then (to make it realistic) about 200,000 Camrys/Accords. Also zero Sunfires.

Southern California is its own little microcosm of stupid. Ridiculous California emissions & inspection laws, high incomes, and fashion/prestige obsession have created a culture in which lots of people can afford fast cars, but no one wants to spend the time or money to upgrade most cars. So yes, in SoCal and probably a few other very select areas, you'd be more likely to see a fancy European sports car or a dubious grey-market import than an upgraded muscle car - and those tend to be the same areas where there is no accessible wilderness for 50+ miles in any direction, so there goes trail rigs too. But I'd hardly call fashion district car culture representative of the country as a whole.

You just gathered a bunch of stereotypes to try to back up the ridiculous claim you just made. You have no point. There is plenty of car culture here as there is so much diversity that its ridiculous. Hell I work at Derale performance, and all they deal with is mainly old muscle, off roaders, ad monster trucks. The funny thing about California is that there is every type of landscape in just a short ways from each other. Where does your experience come from, besides your ass?

Funny, your last sentence. Youre the one passing off American car culture as what you want it to be, yet you have the balls to say that.

Last edited:
So your vision for an ideal FH title is one that should adhere to the same automotive constraints that you believe are presented in real life? But in a video game?

Well that just sounds peachy.

Primary argument why C Spec is a terrible idea, right here.

They wouldn't have enough resources, not in a 2 year cycle.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sort of expecting a larger area than FH1. If that requires more resources, then so be it. We'll see what they come up with.

Considering that they can probably just pinch the entire FM4 car catalogue, add in a few new ones from the last couple of years and be totally up to date with a huge car list, I'd say they've already got a massive leg up on the content creation side. I expect that their modellers will be heavily biased towards working on the landscape.

You just gathered a bunch of stereotypes to try to back up the ridiculous claim you just made. You have no point. There is plenty of car culture here as there is so much diversity that its ridiculous. Hell I work at Derale performance, and all they deal with is mainly old muscle, off roaders, ad monster trucks. The funny thing about California is that there is every type of landscape in just a short ways from each other. Where does your experience come from, besides your ass?

Funny, your last sentence. Youre the one passing off American car culture as what you want it to be, yet you have the balls to say that.

And I find it funny that you think people in fancy suits buying new sports cars every two years, or JDM fanboys blowing insane amounts of money on cars that used to be sort of legal, to be more representative of American car culture than muscle cars and 4x4s. And for the record I never said anything against exotics, anyway.

There better be rallying in it from the get-go. You know, because these

img_1681.jpg

col-de-turini-stacked-hairpins.jpg

Stelvio-Pass-Italy-2.jpg

OK, that's it. I think I wanna camp here!

On a serious note though, FH2 should be really good. Provided they've learned lessons from the first one. THANK GOD they've ditched the brownish/yellowish Colorado setting. I don't mind the dude-bro music festival setting it revolves around, so long as the driving is fun and realistic at the same time, with serious and/or believable consequences of bad driving.

Can't wait!

Southern California is its own little microcosm of stupid. Ridiculous California emissions & inspection laws, high incomes, and fashion/prestige obsession have created a culture in which lots of people can afford fast cars, but no one wants to spend the time or money to upgrade most cars. So yes, in SoCal and probably a few other very select areas, you'd be more likely to see a fancy European sports car or a dubious grey-market import than an upgraded muscle car - and those tend to be the same areas where there is no accessible wilderness for 50+ miles in any direction, so there goes trail rigs too. But I'd hardly call fashion district car culture representative of the country as a whole.
How about actually going to California before claiming what the car culture is? If anything, California has the most diverse car culture in the US, possibly the world. You can find a car show or meet for anything on any given Sunday in Southern California: muscle cars, imports, exotics, etc. Cars & Coffee even brings them altogether.

And I find it funny that you think people in fancy suits buying new sports cars every two years, or JDM fanboys blowing insane amounts of money on cars that used to be sort of legal, to be more representative of American car culture than muscle cars and 4x4s. And for the record I never said anything against exotics, anyway.

Why is a game representing American car culture instead of global car culture anyway? Unless you only want to market to Americans, I suppose.

All I can say is... Oh Hell Yes! :D I cannot wait till this game comes out for the Xbox 360... This may motivate me to get my Xbox Gold back going again. ;)

Why is a game representing American car culture instead of global car culture anyway? Unless you only want to market to Americans, I suppose.

If it's set in America then why shouldn't it? Like I said, makes it realistic. You try to represent all car culture, you'll just water down all car culture. You'll have a few cars representing each country or region, and will be missing a lot more from each country or region - as an example H1 was missing, IIRC, all the 3rd and 4th gen F-bodies just as a start. Then when you add in the fact that the models are also recycled, resulting in things like metric speedometers even in cars that have easily accessible USDM variants, you just get this feeling that something isn't right, that something doesn't fit.

Speaking of, a Horizon Australia game wouldn't go amiss either.

Last edited:
There's next to no import laws in Europe, so whatever the car list is for Horizon 2, it'll be pretty representative.

Back