Forza Horizon 2 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 4,200 comments
United States
Albuquerque, NM
Frizbe
Darth Frizbe
IGN has confirmed FH2 with details!
Guess it's time to get myself an Xone and FM5 finally.

Confirmed info:
  1. Release date 9.30.14
  2. Still developed by Playground Games with collaboration with Turn 10.
  3. Not going to be in Louisiana but rather Southern Europe.
  4. XBox One and 360
  5. Over 200 cars
  6. Sounds like very similar "story" in that you will be taking part in a music/car festival.
  7. Weather will be included.
  8. Dirveatars are in.
  9. Car clubs now have up to 1000 members
  10. You can walk around other club members cars and purchase cars, tunes, or liveries.
  11. 12 player online
  12. Fully dynamic lighting (IE headlights, sun, moon, (and stars?))
  13. Accurate astronomy
  14. 3x map size
  15. No more invisible walls
  16. Much longer playtime to 100% (around 100 hours)
  17. 1080P resolution locked at 30FPS
  18. Driveatars information is being carried over from Motorsport 5 and will add in new learning from being able to go off road
  19. More than half of the Barn Finds are all new cars to the Forza series.
  20. Forzavista has been removed due to being a "Motorsport" feature.
Speculation:
  1. France / Italy setting
  2. Traffic in online free roam
Car List: (I am best guessing at years and trim models going off what is in other Forza titles)
  1. 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
  2. 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
  3. 2013 Audi R8 V10
  4. 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
  5. 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray
  6. 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
  7. 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
  8. 2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
  9. 2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
  10. 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
  11. 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
  12. 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  13. 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superlaggera
  14. 2014(?) Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
  15. 1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale
  16. 2010 Lexus LFA
  17. 2013 McLaren P1
  18. 2011 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG
  19. 2013 Mercedes Benz A45 AMG
  20. 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X GSR
  21. 2002 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II
  22. 2010 Nissan 370Z
  23. 2012 Nissan GTR Black Edition
  24. 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
  25. 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
  26. 2013 Subaru BRZ
  27. 2013 Viper GTS
More info to come soon.
Hopefully the hundreds of cars will include Rally right out of the box. I am also looking forward to a better map, while I felt FH's map was a good size I'd like some more details, a bigger and more downtown style city like Carson was and especially being able to go offroading in some areas other than just the golf course. Also personally I quite liked the 1000 Club idea and hope to see that return maybe as a signature Horizon feature.

New screenshots!

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-two-ign720.jpg

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-one-ign720.jpg

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-five-new-ignjpg-dd0045_610w.jpg

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-three-ign720.jpg

forza-horizon-2-screenshot-four-ign720.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously, weather is MAJOR news for the Forza series. I am guessing this is a weather beta test for Forza 6. If weather goes well in Horizon 2, I feel we have a very good chance to finally see it in Forza 6.

Horizon 2 vs TDU2.
The only thing is that's what everyone thought of the night racing in the original Horizon so I will not be getting my hopes up for weather until it is announced specifically for FMx.

Also I got to the computer and fixed the first post. Looks a little nicer now.

They're already well into production for Forza 6. Unless they planned it well in advance, I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. Then again, I do have my hopes up for the extra horsepower made available now that Kinect won't be a requirement and in conjunction with DX12.

They're already well into production for Forza 6. Unless they planned it well in advance, I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. Then again, I do have my hopes up for the extra horsepower made available now that Kinect won't be a requirement and in conjunction with DX12.
Not having a Xbox One (yet) is the Kinect required for playing FM5?

The only thing is thats what everyone thought of the night racing in the original Horizon so I will not be getting my hopes up for weather until it is announced specifically for FMx.

Also I got to the computer and fixed the first post. Looks a little nicer now.
You make a very good point. I wont expect weather or night racing in Forza 6 which still disappoints me. At least they will both be in Horizon 2.

Last edited:
Not having a Xbox One (yet) is the Kinect required for playing FM5?
It's required only in the sense that the game was programmed with the system resource requirements of Kinect in place. In the future, now that the Kinect won't be a requirement, those system resources can be freed up and could be used towards the game.

It's required only in the sense that the game was programmed with the system resource requirements of Kinect in place. In the future, now that the Kinect won't be a requirement, those system resources can be freed up and could be used towards the game.
Ah ok good point. What I am afraid of is that it won't be quite as good as it could be since they are releasing on both systems. I can appreciate wanting to expand the install base but launching a new game a year after the next system is launched for a series like Forza is a bit confusing to me and will definitely hinder them in some way. I guess we will see in a few months how hindered it ends up. :nervous:

Seriously, weather is MAJOR news for the Forza series. I am guessing this is a weather beta test for Forza 6. If weather goes well in Horizon 2, I feel we have a very good chance to finally see it in Forza 6.

Horizon 2 vs TDU2.

I'd love a new TDU :drool: which the crew probably is.

on 360 as well? that made me wth as much as Motorstorm Arctic Edge on PS2
I think it is great news especially since I am not ready to get the X1 yet. Luckily I still have access to the X1 at my brothers house whenever I feel I need a fix.

Southern Europe? Xbox 360? Hundreds of cars? I'm sold.

(Just hope the map is a lot bigger than 1)
I agree it needs to be a LOT bigger than Horizon 1. We should not be able to unlock all the roads in 3 hours. That's laughable for a sandbox game. Glad I only rented Horizon 1.

This truly is the year of racing games. I mean we have Driveclub, The Crew, Project CARS, Grid Autosport and now this. :D

I shall be getting an Xbox One at the end of this month along with FM5, so I can't wait for this. :D Hopefully the open world is nearly as big as what we are getting in The Crew, as that map looks immense! Now just add police and Horizon 2 could be sitting up there with The Crew and Most Wanted 2005 (My personal favourite racing games).

Will keep an eye on this with a bit more caution since the last one was a disappointment to me.

Very disappointed the stupid music festival crap is still being used.

The setting should provide some nice scenery though.

It's weird that I am more excited about this than I was with the announcement of FM5, but Horizon had become my go to game when I wanted to just pickup and play. My 4 year old son also loves playing it as well. This announcement might actually be more of a reason for me to get an XBone. I cannot wait to see how they have created southern Europe. All I am imagining right now are tight and twisty mountain roads.

It's weird that I am more excited about this than I was with the announcement of FM5, but Horizon had become my go to game when I wanted to just pickup and play. My 4 year old son also loves playing it as well. This announcement might actually be more of a reason for me to get an XBone. I cannot wait to see how they have created southern Europe. All I am imagining right now are tight and twisty mountain roads.
I am also more excited about this than I was for Forza 5. Especially because Horizon 2 will have weather! After I found out F5 wasn't going to have weather or night racing, I lost all interest.

Lets also hope they carry over ALL the cars from Horizon 1. No more of this stupid dlc crap from existing games. Tired of that. We should not have to keep buying cars via dlc that were in the previous games.

Well I've got a x360 and honestly, not much is enticing me to get a xbone. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the x360 version is quite watered down.

It's not Xbox One exclusive... So I guess weather is possible on the Xbox 360?

Last edited:
Southern Europe! Oh boy that is going to be easy on the old photomode eye!

Can't wait for this.

Let's explore the whole southern of Europe on a 20 square km map yay.
Edit: sorry for my negativity, had a bad day.
I just hope the map is bigger and there is more stuff to do than in H1.

Latest Posts

Back