Forza Horizon 2 presents Fast & Furious (stand-alone expansion)

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 140 comments
Germany
Deutschland
Teaser:

abc news
"Fast & Furious" and "Forza" are hitching a ride together.

The hugely successful movie franchise is teaming up with the critically acclaimed "Forza" racing series for a video game featuring cars and missions inspired by Universal Pictures' "Fast & Furious" film series. The downloadable title will serve as an expansion to "Forza Horizon 2," the latest open-world edition of Turn 10 Studios' "Forza Motorsport" game franchise.

"Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious" will launch March 27 for Xbox One and Xbox 360. The stand-alone title will not require "Forza Horizon 2" and will be available for free until April 10 to promote the April 3 release of "Furious 7," the latest installment in the film series. After that date, the "Fast & Furious" expansion will cost gamers $10.

"The game will include such "Furious 7" rides as a 1998 Toyota Supra, 1970 Plymouth Road Runner, 2012 Nissan GT-R, 1970 Plymouth Cuda, 2013 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Maserati Ghibli S and 2015 Dodge Charger."

Set before the movie, the game casts players as a driver in France tasked with sourcing vehicles for mechanic Tej Parker (portrayed by Chris "Ludacris" Bridges in the films and game). The automobiles are virtual renditions of those in the "Fast & Furious" movies, such as the iconic 1970 Dodge Charger R/T driven by Vin Diesel's character Dominic Toretto.

So you basically drive about and find some of the cars from the film. How exciting. :indiff: I'm hoping it's more than that but so far that's what it seems to be.

• 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
  • 2012 Nissan GT-R Fast & Furious Edition
  • 1998 Toyota Supra Fast & Furious Edition
  • 2014 Maserati Ghibli S Fast & Furious Edition
  • 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Fast & Furious Edition
  • 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
  • 1970 Plymouth Cuda Fast & Furious Edition
  • 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Fast & Furious Edition
To celebrate the launch of Furious 7, this standalone expansion will be available at no charge for a limited two-week period. Beginning on March 27 and continuing through April 10, 2015, players can download the expansion on Xbox One or Xbox 360 at no charge. After April 10, the expansion will cost $10, but players who downloaded it for free during the two-week window can continue to play without restriction.

Now this is a cool crossover expansion.

Nicely done Playground Games.

I'm a bit confused, will this "storyline expansion" take place on the current FH2 map, or will there be a new one? And will we be able to use the new cars outside of the expansion?

In fairness, they did actually get Ludacris to do some voice over for it; that alone probably gives the expansion a higher production cost than that entire crappy Fast and Furious Showdown game.

Sure, it's a little jarring (if not ironic) for a series renowned for breaking the laws of physics to be tied in with a fairly realistic, grounded open world racer, but even so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for this. The 12 year old in me sort of preferred to see some stuff from their earlier movies (Eclipse, silver R34, VeilSide RX-7, etc.) but I suppose this was a better way to hype people up for the cars in the 7th movie and most would've already been modelled.

I just hope they include NOSSSSS and 48-gear transmissions as new upgrades. :P

So Xbox 360 players aren't "proper" enough consumers to receive DLC unless it's a promotional tie-in to a movie? Are any of those cars even new to the game?

So Xbox 360 players aren't "proper" enough consumers to receive DLC unless it's a promotional tie-in to a movie? Are any of those cars even new to the game?

Roadrunner, Ghibli, 2015 Charger are all brand new. 1970 Charger and 'Cuda could arguably classed as new as they are older variants of cars in the game. To be fair, those aren't all the cars either; they're just the selection from Fast 7 that's being brought in so some more interesting additions could yet to be featured.

VXR
Now I've read team VVV's article, I now know that the cars will be usable in H2 outside of the expansion. Win.
Could you please link me to this article as I can't seem to find it on Google? Thank you.

I feel like these are going to be cars already in the game with custom F&F liveries & pre-installed mods instead of possibly more unique vehicles.

LOL. I'm glad this is free.

I'll give the F&F guys credit for finding a decent racing game to hang their franchise on rather than trying to create one of their own.

Not sure how much pull he would have in this, but fairly certain Diesel is into gaming in a big way. So into it he had his own software development team I'm sure. Even more of a surprise was they did good work iirc. I think Riddick games were theirs.

Checked it out, they're called "tigonstudios".

Last edited:
Not sure how much pull he would have in this, but fairly certain Diesel is into gaming in a big way. So into it he had his own software development team I'm sure. Even more of a surprise was they did good work iirc. I think Riddick games were theirs.

Checked it out, they're called "tigonstudios".
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping for a bald drivatar in the game myself. :lol:

I watched the video last night but it didn't reveal much, I'm glad there is much more information here at the forums. I had no idea it was free until now, I would've paid money for it either way plus I still need to by the Storm Island DLC too. I really hope there is takedown missions, that would be fun to do with friends.

1425048260-media.jpg

1425048257-media.jpg

1425048254-media.jpg

Daammmmn they even get the Wrangler into the game ! Btw the white supra seen in one of the screens is driven by Paul in the movie. It will race against Dom's silver Charger. The white supra is apparently one of Paul Walker's own car collection.

11041737_760090737422696_373048379631225010_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back