Forza Horizon 2 presents Fast & Furious (stand-alone expansion)

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 140 comments
Well its 15Gb for basically 20 races or 'events'... I finished it and there's nothing that much to if it you finished FH2.

Plus there's some recycled FH2 bucket events... annoying crap like the 25,000 Ford rs200 skill points thing.

Granted the 360 missions are even more painful, do 7 great drifts in an r35 on that winding downhill pass.

Well that didn't take long at all for me to 100% everything.

It's a fun little stand alone thing, though I recommend getting it now whilst it's still free, I don't think it's worth paying for.

I played through this on Friday and it was an enjoyable experience especially for Free. I think it me took about 5-6 hours while taking my time. Get this for free while you can. I would not pay for it.
10.jpg

3.jpg
2.jpg

1.jpg

8.jpg
9.jpg
5.jpg

4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
I played this game for a couple hours and obtained some cars all the way to the Cuda. I'm not sure if it's just me but the understeer seems really heavy on all the cars for me, and that's with all assists turned off except ABS. I'm having to hard straight-line braked almost down to zero mph to make it around a 90 degree corner. Did they changed the physics engine for the stand alone expansion?

I played this game for a couple hours and obtained some cars all the way to the Cuda. I'm not sure if it's just me but the understeer seems really heavy on all the cars for me, and that's with all assists turned off except ABS. I'm having to hard straight-line braked almost down to zero mph to make it around a 90 degree corner. Did they changed the physics engine for the stand alone expansion?
Meh it's just a game lol

I didn't notice any excessive understeer on the cars other than the R/T Charger which makes sense since it's sporting one of the heaviest V8s ever built. There's a reason the 426 Hemi is called the elephant motor. And then throw a supercharger on it? You're probably looking at a weight balance of 70F/30R.

handling is about the same as Fh2

you people shouldnt take things too seriously

Here is a game that has a 1970s Charger competitive against an r35, Mac P1 and a Veyron... its about as realistic as the movie.

I also have ALL assists off including abs off. I also raced the entire game using cockpit view. Like I always do in all racing games that have cockpit view. However, make sure you do NOT turn on "Simulation" steering or whatever that is. Leave that to the default. I think maybe it is called "normal"? If you are not using a steering wheel, having simulation steering turned on is a nightmare with the controller. Massive over snap steering similar to the GT series. Also keep in mind some of the vehicles are very powerful ranging from 900hp to 1,000hp. Hope that helps.

Other than that it seemed to handle exactly like FH2. Some of the vehicles are a bit heavy because of the armor. But I think they did a great job adjusting the physics accordingly. The jeep especially is very heavy so it drives very heavy as it should.

Last edited:
I don't get problems with the sim steering. I quite like having such a wild time controlling the cars. However, there is an element of not wanting to step backwards and try normal steering.

Meh it's just a game lol
And this has anything to do with what?

handling is about the same as Fh2

you people shouldnt take things too seriously

Here is a game that has a 1970s Charger competitive against an r35, Mac P1 and a Veyron... its about as realistic as the movie.
Yet you've been playing racing games that have lesser cars going up against behemoths for how long? Decades? Oh wait, you're telling me that doesn't happen in real life either?

Got a chance to try it out, for 20 seconds, on my brothers XBONE and it is really fun. Got to drive the Charger and it makes me want to buy FH2, which could be why they made it free for a week.

Got a chance to try it out, for 20 seconds, on my brothers XBONE and it is really fun. Got to drive the Charger and it makes me want to buy FH2, which could be why they made it free for a week.
Hopefully it's free for more than a week since I won't have time to DL and play it until Easter.

I've just been playing for a few minutes here and there and I've already finished it. I'll spend a little time tonight driving and photographing the cars I haven't yet, and finishing up the few challenges left. Get the rest of the boards and drive the rest of the roads. Shouldn't take long.

Just downloading mine, seems like ill be hear away after reading all your experiences of downloading it..

Yes this is a perfect way to get more people into Horizon 2. Especially those that have not played it yet. This is basically a free demo with achievements attached. VERY smart marketing decision by Playground Games. :D

I've just been playing for a few minutes here and there and I've already finished it. I'll spend a little time tonight driving and photographing the cars I haven't yet, and finishing up the few challenges left. Get the rest of the boards and drive the rest of the roads. Shouldn't take long.
I would guess its about 5-6 hours of gameplay depending on how fast players rush through.

Yes this is a perfect way to get more people into Horizon 2. Especially those that have not played it yet. This is basically a free demo with achievements attached. VERY smart marketing decision by Playground Games. :D

I would guess its about 5-6 hours of gameplay depending on how fast players rush through.
My brother (Who kinda sucks at racing games, has to put the game on the easiest difficulty with ALL assists including assisted braking in order to win, already has the Supra, Jeep and Road Runner (Along with the Hurucan and Charger) on it after about an hour or 2 of playing. Short DLC but fun anyways, and I just love sliding the Supra around Nice with no assists!

My brother (Who kinda sucks at racing games, has to put the game on the easiest difficulty with ALL assists including assisted braking in order to win, already has the Supra, Jeep and Road Runner (Along with the Hurucan and Charger) on it after about an hour or 2 of playing. Short DLC but fun anyways, and I just love sliding the Supra around Nice with no assists!
That has always been the best part of the Forza series. Pretty much anyone can play it since you have full control over how difficult the game will be. I think one of their quotes was something like "Doesn't matter if you are 6 or 60, everyone can play this game". It can be as difficult or easy as you want it to be at any time.

That has always been the best part of the Forza series. Pretty much anyone can play it since you have full control over how difficult the game will be. I think one of their quotes was something like "Doesn't matter if you are 6 or 60, everyone can play this game". It can be as difficult or easy as you want it to be at any time.
Yep, he is 9, never plays racing games and only plays it because it's free. He enjoys it but is really really crap tbh. But I do love how customizable Forza is when it comes to difficulty. More games should be like that.

And this has anything to do with what?

Yet you've been playing racing games that have lesser cars going up against behemoths for how long? Decades? Oh wait, you're telling me that doesn't happen in real life either?
It's just a game don't think it'll have everything similar to real life in it :3

I downloaded it yesterday, I thought it was a lot of fun but the NOS visual effects make the game look more arcadey than Need for Speed.

Because NOS has been hacked onto Forza. Its only really useful as that 'killer punch' to get you over the finish line (eg. the last race).

Is this the real life or is it fantasy?

The problem with this attitude is that IN FORZA and HORIZON, you dont have a class B car take out a class S car even with mods and tuning.

If you come from Need for Speed or FnF, then yeah sure.

But even Horizon has some semblance of reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did everyone who smashed all the bonus boards in this expansion pack get the free supra with the fnf livery on it? For some reason I don't have mine in my garage

Back