Forza Horizon 3 Auction House Thread!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 728 comments
Just got a 97 RX7 for 90k. Was looking at Mclarens then took a quick glance and bought it out for the 90k sure it is flat black but that is easily fixable

I get close to getting it as a wheelspin. But I got 8 million burning a hole and need to buy something :)

19K FOR AN RX-7!
Thumbnail_Large.PNG

And here's how it looks now:
Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

It's now at the top of S1 with a stock 787B engine producing 690HP

Hi all.

I have a few Barn Finds that I'd like to get rid of, and I can't simply remove them from my garage as the game doesn't give me that option.

Would anyone be interested in picking them up?

If so let me know and I'll put them up in-game with minimum buyout values.

upload_2017-2-8_14-18-53.png
upload_2017-2-8_14-19-40.png
upload_2017-2-8_14-19-58.png
upload_2017-2-8_14-20-14.png
upload_2017-2-8_14-20-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-8_14-19-13.png
    upload_2017-2-8_14-19-13.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 8
Is it a known bug that auctioned cars aren't stock despite having no tunes? I just listed a car that I haven't tuned or modified but it says I'm the freelance tuner. It makes no sense.

Hi all.

I have a few Barn Finds that I'd like to get rid of, and I can't simply remove them from my garage as the game doesn't give me that option.

Would anyone be interested in picking them up?

If so let me know and I'll put them up in-game with minimum buyout values.

View attachment 626306 View attachment 626308 View attachment 626310 View attachment 626311 View attachment 626312
These are up again in case anyone's interested. Auctions expire 3 hours from now.

The Dino's already gone.

Is it a known bug that auctioned cars aren't stock despite having no tunes? I just listed a car that I haven't tuned or modified but it says I'm the freelance tuner. It makes no sense.

Changing rims or the paintjob of a car, as well as adding aero to it, make it "tuned" for some reason. If you know a car's PI rating from the get go, it's easy to see whether or not it received any sort of modification that enhances performance or just visual modifications...

You can always set it to default tuning before you flip it or after you bought it anyway, just to be sure.

Changing rims or the paintjob of a car, as well as adding aero to it, make it "tuned" for some reason. If you know a car's PI rating from the get go, it's easy to see whether or not it received any sort of modification that enhances performance or just visual modifications...

Paints also make it tuned? There's already a separate mention for paints in the auction house.
'
VXR
You can always set it to default tuning before you flip it or after you bought it anyway, just to be sure.

Ok, but I'm 100% sure that I changed nothing on this car I'm talking about.

Paints also make it tuned? There's already a separate mention for paints in the auction house.

Yes, but that section is reserved for designs that painters make, regardless of whether the associated car is in the AH or not. But for clarification's sake, I shall put one of my own cars for sale, with changed paint, and see how it is treated...

Ignore that part, paints are treated differently in AH cars, you are right. But certainly something had to be changed in your car if it's being treated like a tuned car... Which brings me to the next point;

Ok, but I'm 100% sure that I changed nothing on this car I'm talking about.

Not even the rims and/or aero parts? Those can be enough to change the car's status...

Last edited:
Yes, but that section is reserved for designs that painters make, regardless of whether the associated car is in the AH or not. But for clarification's sake, I shall put one of my own cars for sale, with changed paint, and see how it is treated...

Not even the rims and/or paint? Those can be enough to change the car's status...

Not even rims or paint. It was a Ferrari F430 I purchased and then used for a few races running completely stock. I decided to put up for auction to maybe make some fast money for something else, and then it said I was the freelance tuner.

Not even rims or paint. It was a Ferrari F430 I purchased and then used for a few races running completely stock. I decided to put up for auction to maybe make some fast money for something else, and then it said I was the freelance tuner.

Then I'm slumped, can't really guess why the AH decided to treat your car as tuned car. If it's truly 100% stock, with no tuned settings and/or parts, then it shouldn't be treated as a tuned car...

Considering you didn't see the edited version of my post, I'd ask if you had changed the aero parts, but since you said you ran the car completely stock, I'll refrain from asking that question.

Then I'm slumped, can't really guess why the AH decided to treat your car as tuned car. If it's truly 100% stock, with no tuned settings and/or parts, then it shouldn't be treated as a tuned car...

Considering you didn't see the edited version of my post, I'd ask if you had changed the aero parts, but since you said you ran the car completely stock, I'll refrain from asking that question.

It seems like a bug and after some more investigation I'm clueless what the trigger is.

It seems like a bug and after some more investigation I'm clueless what the trigger is.

Well I can say the bug still lingers; I have put my second 2017 Ford GT HE for sale, and it also lists me a freelance tuner, despite the fact that I never used the car and therefore it's as bone stock as it can be...

And yes, if you're interested in owning a GT HE and didn't have the chance to so far, feel free to bid. Consider it helping a fellow GTP hand... :sly:

Well I can say the bug still lingers; I have put my second 2017 Ford GT HE for sale, and it also lists me a freelance tuner, despite the fact that I never used the car and therefore it's as bone stock as it can be...
Have you auctioned ANY car with a modification? Aero, wheels, anything? Maybe once you do, you get the master tuner label and it sticks with you, even if you're not auctioning a tuned car.

This is how she looks now:
View attachment 626909
Much better. And a steal as well.

Have you auctioned ANY car with a modification? Aero, wheels, anything? Maybe once you do, you get the master tuner label and it sticks with you, even if you're not auctioning a tuned car.

Well I did sell two tuned cars in the past, but is that enough to warrant a "Freelance Tuner" tag in my profile? After all, I didn't even tweak any specific settings on either car, just added parts and that was it...

So is it something that grows as you sell more and more tuned vehicles to others, as it happens with painter and their designs?

Same thing just happened to me again with brand new Corvette HE I got in a wheel spin. I wonder if potential bidders also see the misleading freelance tuner info.

Someone paid 490k for my bone stock S14. :lol:

I often see stock ones selling higher than that. The S14 must have some immeasurable secret I'm yet to discover. I'm sure it would have been base game content if the community didn't obsess over it when FM6 was supported.

Screenshot_14.png

Not my ideal price, I lost out on a couple going for much cheaper than this, but at the end of the day it's still 75% off the autoshow price.

On a related note, has anyone else noticed that people are buying out cars for way higher than they normally go? I'm sure it's related to the Forzathon, but I don't know why you would buy out a Vantage V12 for 240k for those wheelspins when you could just as easily get one of the barn finds for a 20th of the price.

Last edited:
It is kind of annoying you can't delete barn finds. I am currently sitting on 3 superbirds and a masserati that I don't want but can't get rid of. Knocked off the buy quite easy with a 7k lexus gs that I am also trying to resell

It is kind of annoying you can't delete barn finds. I am currently sitting on 3 superbirds and a masserati that I don't want but can't get rid of. Knocked off the buy quite easy with a 7k lexus gs that I am also trying to resell
I've been trying to get rid of my Barn Finds for months, but as they're available to everyone the demand is almost non-existent.

I'm down to 3 now, but am hesitant to get any more should any show up in content updates.

I like to keep my Garage as small as possible (5-6 cars per class) and having Barn Finds clutter that up (while also filling up my Auction area) is a little frustrating, yes.

Screenshot_15.png

Got lucky just now and snagged this. Nearly had it for 20k but someone else put in a bid - I increased my bid and I guess they either forgot or didn't want to fight for it.

I got the Ute as a wheelspin. Also, I grabbed a Metro HE from the Auction House for 244,000. I was tempted to buy out for 5.5 mil, but won it anyway.

Back