Forza Horizon 3 Auction House Thread!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 728 comments
I checked the auction house. There were about 2 dozen Carrera GTs already in there, and about 18 of them were being sold by the same three people. One guy had 8 Carrera GTs listed at the same time. All were listed at 11,000,000 cr with 20,000,000 buy outs. Something needs to be done to the auction house system to stop people abusing it.

Seems to be the trend lately. For a LOT of cars, I've noticed... Majority of the ones I see are 10,089,000 starting bid and 11,089,000 buy outs. The auction house seems to be flooded with these sellers.

Just had a guy message me about a Horizon Edition Huracan I was selling on the auction house. He wanted to know if it had a "clean record," that is, never raced, no wins or losses. It's the first time I've ever been messaged about a car I was auctioning, and the first time I've had such a request. Fortunately, the car was what he was looking for, so time to enjoy my payday, I guess. What a strange request that was...

Just had a guy message me about a Horizon Edition Huracan I was selling on the auction house. He wanted to know if it had a "clean record," that is, never raced, no wins or losses. It's the first time I've ever been messaged about a car I was auctioning, and the first time I've had such a request. Fortunately, the car was what he was looking for, so time to enjoy my payday, I guess. What a strange request that was...
I can sort of get what he's after. He wants a car he can legitimately lay claim to all the races and wins in it's history.

I've just bought out 4 '32 Fords for 19, 20, 30 and 39,000 credits respectively. Today is a very good day.

As a Rod enthusiast, know that these are for personal interests and not making fast bucks. Will be nice to have the variety of customs.

VXR
I've just bought out 4 '32 Fords for 19, 20, 30 and 39,000 credits respectively. Today is a very good day.

As a Rod enthusiast, know that these are for personal interests and not making fast bucks. Will be nice to have the variety of customs.
Wishing there were more V8 swaps available for it though. :(

A bit expensive... :P

Screenshot_1.jpg

So here's how my day went...
  • 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe. Over the past few months I've been patiently waiting for a Forzathon Sale to pickup one of these and haven't had any luck in the Auction house until today. Saw the buyout for this car and immediately purchased it for its buyout price of 660,000 cr.
  • 1998 Nissan R390. With this car I spent more than what I wanted to spend. Just below the one I purchased there were two others with a buy out price of 402,000 cr. I got into a bidding war with two other people and before I knew it, I spent 439,000 cr. Before I submitted my last bid for this car, the two below with lower buy outs had already been snagged by the same person.
  • 2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed. Purchased for 20,000 cr, I was hoping I'd find this car for less but this one tends to sell close to if not above Autoshow price.
  • 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata. Finally found one that wasn't being jacked up in price by multiple bidders. Submitted a bid for 3,000 cr and won.
  • 1997 Lexus SC300. I can't remember if I submitted a bid or buy out option. Either way, I paid 14,000 cr for this beauty.
  • 2015 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS (regular) & Rockstar Edition. Nothing to write home about, picked up the regular RZR for 4,000 cr and spent 14,000 cr for the Rockstar Edition because of a bidding war.

I managed a second Porsche Turbo 3.3 for a reasonable price (100K I think) soon after its availability. As I am almost out of space, I decided to sell it. 300K Bid and 400K Buyout. It sold within minutes. Someone got a nice car as it was sensibly upgraded and drove well.

Must be my lucky day...scored a Turbo 3.3 for 110K then immediately after a 918 for 1.2M. Can't believe that someone put one up this late in the game for 1.2M. There's a seller right now with 19 918s in the AH for 10M SB 11M BO. The doofus that came up with the legendary painter AH boost needs to be fired for a lack of foresight.

Got a Torona HE for 220k, but didn't do well for a Camaro. Also put all my copied cars from the VIP bug (I assume it's a bug) up for 6 hours. So, by the time I get off work I can see what they sold for.

Last edited:
Managing to clear some of my unwanted duplicates. Managed a closing bid of 852,000 credits on my spare Boss Mustang Horizon Edition. A spare Terradyne Gurkha managed 500,000!

I've just managed to grab a 3.3 Turbo for 21k, which is sweet. There were only three up for auction at that time.

Must be my lucky day...scored a Turbo 3.3 for 110K then immediately after a 918 for 1.2M. Can't believe that someone put one up this late in the game for 1.2M. There's a seller right now with 19 918s in the AH for 10M SB 11M BO. The doofus that came up with the legendary painter AH boost needs to be fired for a lack of foresight.

Wonder if it was my 918. :lol: Decided to sell it for cheap, around 1.2 million. (Because I'm not a Legendary Painter) Figured with the upcoming event with the 918, it wasn't worth having two and soon enough I feel like they won't be worth that much when that week long Forzathon comes around.

Shifting more spare cars. Managed to shift a '17 Bentley Continental Supersport for minimum (110K). They didn't seem to be shifting on the AH. A tuned Holden Ute went on a minimum bid (happy enough as it freed a space). Also managed to shift a couple of Nissan Sylvia's. Not sure what to do about the spare Forzathon only Silvia. Currently have a '53 Corvette and '66 Impala (not sure how legitimately that was tuned as it has over 1500Hp when I bought it) trying to free up some space for those extra Porsches due on the Forzathon.

Not bad at all! I've never seen another for 19k since I got mine for that price. Sad, really.

My Focus sold for 9k and had an R390 up for 500k. The other cars didn't sell, so I'm probably going to delete them from my garage.

Also, anyone have any extra HE's laying around? I still need:
2014 BMW M4 Coupe
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
2012 Mini John Cooper GP
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
2015 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
2013 Subaru BRZ

Last edited:
Ended up selling my Supra HE for 1.2 million and decided to browse the auction house for something new. I came across a nice 1954 Corvette for just 54,000 but for some reason the seller had it tuned to S2 with over 1,000 HP. Ended up reverting it to stock and restomodding it with a 5.2 supercharged V8 with 542HP in A Class.

There was also some "legendary painter" trying to sell a BMW 507 for 800,000, and the worst part was it was fully stock and just had some dark blue paint scheme (not even a livery) that wasn't even that different from the blue manufacture paint.

That wouldn't have been my old 'Vette would it. Not sure it had that much power though. Mine was maroon with yellow stripes. Figured it would be more likely to sell with some upgrades.

That wouldn't have been my old 'Vette would it. Not sure it had that much power though. Mine was maroon with yellow stripes. Figured it would be more likely to sell with some upgrades.
IIRC it was originally the factory white.

Got a RZR for 200k and lost another bid on the Camaro. And it's crazy that there are no John Cooper GP's for auction at all!

Just after some advice. I won this M6 coupe in a wheel spin, poured a tonne of cash into it, turbo V10 etc.. but decided I don't really like it as much as other cars I have, so I want to auction it but not sure how much I should set the opening bid for or what it's worth?

Help appreciated, thanks. :)

M6_edited.jpg

I lucked out and got a 599xx for 1.1Million the other day. The only Forzathon car I am missing now is the Lola, but the only ones I have found are from legend painters with a starting bid of 5million.

Trying to get rid of some of the duplicate gift cars I have gotten.
3 Focuses available, 3-4 more coming. Custom livery, S1 class Autocross tune. Each have unique race numbers. 30K start bid.

Hb7RR0Z.jpg

Hb7RR0Z

Back