Forza Horizon 3 - Show off your paints!

Just made this. It on my storefront too
IMG_6179.JPG

Got a whole lot of replicas coming from a popular movie franchise. They'll only be from the newer films since I don't have the patience to replicate the old ones. Unfortunately, one car that I really wanted to replicate isn't in the game, although it was in the leaked car list from the dev build.

I've gone for a simple design on a 918. I don't do paints (my total downloads are less than 10) but I was playing around and this materialised. Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but I like the simplicity of it. The blue is my own design too.

GetPhoto.ashx

Another play around, this time with a GT2. It's a shame that there isn't a wider selection of manufacturers available, but I suppose that copyright issues will have something to do with that. There are some talented people out there though - I've seen some excellent logos that people have made.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

IMG_d848b1cc-8c82-4ac9-8272-6361bc4cde7a.png

I've started on a tDR/wipEout style livery for the Aventador SV. The right side shows a stylised R5 (3x3 grid letterforms)

IMG_a89fc9fd-dc45-40c9-bf8e-187f1143cd64.png

The decal is reversed on the other side to show the number 27.

Still a WIP but it's a start.

Out of curiosity, how do you all come up with unique designs and color palettes for liveries? Are there certain shapes and patterns that work better than others, or do you just keep trying designs until you find one that 'fits' as it were? I always have a hard time trying to design liveries for my favorite vehicles so I'm curious to see the process that other people go through.

Out of curiosity, how do you all come up with unique designs and color palettes for liveries? Are there certain shapes and patterns that work better than others, or do you just keep trying designs until you find one that 'fits' as it were? I always have a hard time trying to design liveries for my favorite vehicles so I'm curious to see the process that other people go through.

I have art/design experience so I've already had an eye for this kind of thing for years. Normally when I create a base livery I tend to follow the natural body lines of the car, and let them influence the initial layout.

The overall colour scheme is often determined by whatever main sponsor I'm using, and when I choose a title sponsor I try to keep it somewhat realistic (you're not going to see Pringles as a title sponsor on an Aston Martin DB5 :sly: ).

Additional sponsors are usually 1 each from the following categories:

• Tyre supplier.
  • Wheel rim supplier.
  • Brake supplier.
  • Suspension supplier.
  • Fuel supplier.
  • Seats and Racing Gear partner.
  • Lighting partner.
  • Timing partner.
These are the kinds of logos you would see on most race cars; if the car you're painting raced in real life then that's a good place to find out what logos would make sense on your car.

To actually make the logos:

I've added a couple more.

Acura NSX which I'm quite liking without logos. Had to insert the 'kick' in the white to hide a messy join either side of the air intake:
NSX.jpeg

And this Hot Wheels Packin' Pacer replica, including yellow windows. I was working on this when the expansion pack was announced. Thinking of adding a bit more detail in the sides, rather than just the roof and bonnet graphics.
Pacer.jpg

@PJTierney is that livery compatible with the G65's body kits? Kinda wanna make a hardcore offroad racer with that livery.
Also I'd love to see you make a race livery for the Rip Rod. 👍

Still working on my Furai paint. Haven't touched it since Hot Wheels came out :)

I'm thinking of making it for all Mazdas when I finish with my '16 MX-5. Should be easy once I get all the logos done.

Parnelli Jones Saleen Mustang, I really wish we were to have a normal 05-09 Mustang, but well this is good enough I guess.
Parnelli Jones.jpg

And here's my first attempt at a fully custom racing livery, it's available on my storefront.
Forzajkbjkg.jpg
Forzanbgc bmn mn.jpg
Forzayfyf.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_04334156-57b5-4fa7-a4d6-1d78dcecc553.png

The worst art car since the FAST BMW M6

IMG_008fd502-956a-43e9-8621-896ad20306fa.png
IMG_172ddf88-24fa-45fb-9132-c3c1384141ce.png

I guess it's an Outlaw 500. Had a Dr. Angrymahn decal from the wipEout aventador so decided to use that here.

IMG_ed17f97e-1c1b-4893-afbd-ab5f4bf871a0.png

Speaking of angry...

This one is now officially
2013 Mercedes-Benz #17 Liqui Moly G 65 AMG

33809337344_ea4edfa6c3_c.jpg

34489980582_48051112c0_c.jpg

34266694360_03f9c3f419_c.jpg

33809312404_d2b3ce8c29_c.jpg

Featured in-game as well, just in time for #Forzathon ;)

The only one of my designs not featured in this game yet is my Aston Martin, but hopefully that will get selected next time I enter it.

Taking a break from the Furai design. In the meantime, I'm replicating the hidden stripe Miatas from GT6:
5u8faRd.jpg

GetPhoto.ashx

Don't know if I want to put them on the storefront since they're super easy to make.

Latest Posts

Back