Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS) *READ FIRST POST*

• Thread starter Mitcho2001
  • 4,339 comments

McLaren Cerberus Pearl: Which Version Should be Added to the Spreadsheet?

• JaCor653: Base - 0.72 L, 0.71 L, 0.97 R/Highlight - 0.11 L, 1.00 R, 0.96 R (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mitcho2001: Base - 0.63 R, 0.65 L, 0.98 R/Highlight - 0.08 R, 1.00 R, 0.99 L (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia
The Land Down Under
Mitcho2001
Mitcho2001
If this sounds familiar to you, it probably is considering this has been around for quite a few years now, started by Terronium-12 and revived in 2012 by Frizbe. The sole purpose of this is to be able to bring in more colours from many other vehicles, considering Forza's colour variety is probably still smaller compared to those of Gran Turismo. So basically, you can have any colour you want on any car you desire! Right now, those colours in the original spreadsheet may be slightly outdated, but if you do want to use it, nobody is stopping you! For whatever reason, if any colour from there isn't included here, that'll be your best bet. Bear in mind this new spreadsheet is constantly being updated with colours, but I'll get to that shortly.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...on-database-constant-work-in-progress.335447/

THE ORIGINAL SPREADSHEET
CLICK HERE

THE NEW SPREADSHEET
CLICK HERE
LEGEND
L: Left click (start of value)
R: Right click (before next value)​

The public spreadsheet has since become a collaboration project after initially making the spreadsheet public, comprising of myself, @JaCor653 and @MadaraxUchiha. While we do add our own colours, we still take requests from everyone as long as they are colours that are not already featured. What we can say is that the spreadsheet is continuously growing, with more and more colours being added. Let's make this the ultimate colour database for Forza, shall we?

Listed below are how the colour values are found, as well as where some samples are found:
FINDING FORZA VALUES
http://chris-hill.co.uk/forzacolour.php

FINDING COLOURS
http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml
https://colorndrive.com/au/car-touch-up-paint#brands
In some cases, reference images are used of any colour that is not featured on either of the websites listed above or any other website similar. Sometimes even a mix of both, depending on how we choose to replicate colours.

When making a request for a specific colour, please check to see if it is already in the spreadsheet. This is something we cannot stress enough, so please use the Find tool in the spreadsheet (ctrl+f/cmnd+f) and type a colour name there. We don't want to repeat the same thing over and over again as it has become annoying.
Even if there are no exact matches for what you are searching for, either spelling or the name will be the issue - it will be there under another name. We tend to keep a note of English translations of colours that are listed in German, Italian or French (mainly), so there is bound to be an English translation for the colour you are looking for. If there is no translation available at the time, then it's best to double-check the colour name in English and its foreign counterpart via a translation.
Sometimes a specific colour is a paint-to-sample, so if you find any colour on a car (of which the manufacturer has the availability of PTS), check to see if it comes under a different manufacturer. It might just have come from there. This post list a few examples.

If you are unable to find any matching colour for what you are after, then you can make your request. We are recreating manufacturer body colours and wheels, including those of third-party companies like Advan and ADV.1, to name a couple. And if tractors are more your thing, then we've got that covered too! There are also some wrap companies in the list as well, so there is a fair bit of variety, to say the least. Enough with the blabbering on, if you have a colour you want us to recreate that isn't in the spreadsheet, please list the name of the manufacturer and (most importantly) the colour. Feel free to list multiple colours if you want to, as there is no problem with doing so.

And thanks to the help of @PlumCrazy010, we now have a library full of each colour in the spreadsheet applied to the C2 Corvette. If you're wondering what any colour will look like, this is the place to go.​

Last edited:
Terronium's colours sheet feels slightly outdated

feels slightly outdated

slightly outdated

How dare you. :lol:

Joking aside, I'm happy to see this project still going on after I first started it in...Forza 4? Holy hell, has it really been that long!?

My methods were good for the time and I had it down to an eventual science, but if there are much better ways of doing this now — color me intrigued! 👍

How dare you. :lol:

Joking aside, I'm happy to see this project still going on after I first started it in...Forza 4? Holy hell, has it really been that long!?

My methods were good for the time and I had it down to an eventual science, but if there are much better ways of doing this now — color me intrigued! 👍
Haha, sorry! Shouldn't have said that...
In all seriousness though, we may as well keep it going, no matter how long it has been around for! I think that for the time you were doing this with said science, that's pretty damn impressive. Not only that, but the colours look so much better! I did a trial with one of the existing colours and I definitely preferred it over what Forza used. Can't remember what it was, but it was most likely on a Lamborghini or some European car.

Let’s get the ball rolling with this color.
9ACAA12E-814F-40E7-B77E-A66A09484688.jpeg

If there are any particular colours you would like to be recreated, state the name of it so we can avoid any confusion in the event of creating a different colour. Even though trying to find the right colour is fine and all, knowing what the colour is makes it easier to work with.

If there are any particular colours you would like to be recreated, state the name of it so we can avoid any confusion in the event of creating a different colour. Even though trying to find the right colour is fine and all, knowing what the colour is makes it easier to work with.
When I tried to make that color in game it was too shiny in game, I thought it looked duller in person. Looks good on the Fiesta though.

When I tried to make that color in game it was too shiny in game, I thought it looked duller in person. Looks good on the Fiesta though.
The paint in the photograph does look like a duller, less saturated pink as compared to what it looks like in Forza. Maybe it's just all to do with lighting when it comes to comparing the two images, since there is a lot more glare on the bodywork on the Spark. But that's just my guess; I could be completely wrong!

Audi Ipanema Brown,
Audi Nardo Grey - Could you please check the current colour values listed as i believe they are wrong (They make a dark grey colour).
BMW Protonic Red
Porsche Crayon Grey,

Audi Ipanema Brown,
Audi Nardo Grey - Could you please check the current colour values listed as i believe they are wrong (They make a dark grey colour).
BMW Protonic Red
Porsche Crayon Grey,
I’ll be more than happy to check and reasses the colour values to see if any changes are needed, as well as create the colours you listed. Thanks for mentioning your thoughts on a possible inaccuracy!
Here is a paint database for many vehicle colors http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml
I put this link in the initial post and is what I use if I can’t find a certain colour on a manufacturer’s website.

Audi Ipanema Brown,
BMW Protonic Red
Porsche Crayon Grey,
Forza Horizon 4 (8).png

Ipanema Brown
Paint Type: Metallic
Base & Flake
Hue: 0.07 R
Saturation: 0.77 L
Brightness: 0.52 R

Forza Horizon 4 (7).png

Nardo Gray (Original from spreadsheet)
Paint Type: Standard
Hue: 0.63 R
Saturation: 0.05 L
Brightness: 0.38 L

Forza Horizon 4 (6).png

Nardo Gray (redo)
Paint Type: Standard
Hue: 0.61 R
Saturation: 0.03 L
Brightness: 0.42 L

Forza Horizon 4 (2).png

Protonic Red
Paint Type: Metallic
Base & Flake
Hue: 0.00 R
Saturation: 1.00 L
Brightness: 0.66 R

Forza Horizon 4 (5).png

I'm yet to finalise Crayon Gray because it looks too white in my opinion. Other than that, your other requests are done! I will admit that Nardo Gray is hard to get just right or close to and between the two of them, I don't know what's best. Probably going to need some opinions on the overall brightness.

Tanzanite blue like my F30. I tried to make an M4 in this colour but it looked too dull. Is it possible to make it in game where it pops like the real Tanzanite Blue in the sun? It has a sort of sparkle to it as well in the light.
9A1F32E8-7DE3-4909-BBEE-E53B93E16324.jpeg
17A40B58-982B-4D96-8E42-5693A95D07B4.jpeg
178DFAAC-865A-4DC4-91B9-83B7099AA100.jpeg

@Mitcho2001 - Here's an example of Porsche Crayon Grey
porsche-911-4-0-991-gt3-s-s-2dr-362565139-1.jpg
porsche-911-4-0-991-gt3-s-s-2dr-362565139-4.jpg

More pictures of above car can be found here - https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...3-991/porsche-911-4-0-991-gt3-s-s-2dr/8872402

I'd say that the redo values of Nardo Grey are a much better match to the colour IRL:tup: ,From looking at pictures of it, it seems that its one of those colours were depending on what light its under it can look a completely different shade also i think there if differences between BMW's Nardo Grey & Audi's Nardo Grey.

Last edited:
@Mitcho2001 See how 0.41L, 0.01L, 0.78L works for Crayon Gray.

More importantly, let me know if it bugs out for you after applying the values, and 0.41 becomes 0.33. :odd:.

I am taking all of these on board, but the Winter lighting is proving to have some issues as compared to Spring, Summer and Autumn. However, I will try my best to get these colours done with the best lighting I can get.

Clark: I've got two possible results for Tanzanite Blue using metallic paint. I've used the same base coat values of H: 0.67 L, S: 0.86 R and B: 0.33 R for both, while I've adjusted the saturation and brightness of the flake. Personally, the base values look okay, but the flake is what needs the work. Somewhere in between what I have may work out fine, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. (1, 2)
Tanzanite Blue (1).png Tanzanite Blue (2).png
Terronium-12: Those values seem to match the colour in the reference photographs that jwesson1 provided. I didn't come across any issues with the hue value changing, so it all worked out well. Even though the Winter lighting affects the appearance, I managed to get a glimpse of it in Autumn and it seems fine to me. I'll have a look again when Spring comes around in the next few days.
Crayon (redo).png
GTvsForza: Nippon Poppy Red is one of those colours where you just have to experiment with values, but was relatively easy to make. Since we now have a Silverado in the game, I figured that would be the best to use considering it's near-identical to the SST Concept. Metal flake looks like it's the best option with the base values of H: 0.00 L, S: 1.00 L, B: 0.99 L and flake values of H: 0.99 R, S: 0.97 L, B: 0.59 L.
Nippon Poppy Red.png
jwesson1: Those values for Cream Yellow are very close, I'll admit! I don't know if any changes are really needed, so what you provided will be kept. Thanks for helping out there! As for my attempt at Riviera Blue, I can already tell that it's too light of a blue. Still, everything is in the works at the moment.
Cream Yellow.png Riviera Blue (original).png

Last edited:
@Mitcho2001 - Did you use the colour values (Porsche Riviera Blue - 0.53 / 1.00 / 0.76) from the old Forza colour sheet as i have already tried those and it came out a similar to the one you've pictured, It comes out as a more turquoise Blue, Thanks for the feedback on the Volvo Cream Yellow.

@Mitcho2001 - Try using these colour values in two-tone polished for BMW Tanzanite Blue Metallic :

Base - 0.60 / 0.84 / 0.20
Hue - 0.57 / 0.74 / 0.35

(Values taken from the old Forza colour sheet)

@Mitcho2001 - Try using these colour values in two-tone polished for BMW Tanzanite Blue Metallic :

Base - 0.60 / 0.84 / 0.20
Hue - 0.57 / 0.74 / 0.35

(Values taken from the old Forza colour sheet)
Now that it's going to be Spring for a week, this should be a good time to compare everything. I'll be sure to try that combination out and try more combinations from Terronium's spreadsheet where necessary.

It's been a while since I've done some work on the sheet, but I have been continuing to get more values. Some of them I'll need to look over and possibly redo, like Austin Yellow which probably should be metallic with different base and flake values. I still have Terronium's spreadsheet in case there already is a colour that I can use as a reference, or just use entirely if that already is close enough.
(Austin Yellow is currently Two-Tone Polished with the values of 0.14 L, 0.63 L and 0.76 L. It just doesn't look right... :confused:)
@Mitcho2001 - Did you use the colour values (Porsche Riviera Blue - 0.53 / 1.00 / 0.76) from the old Forza colour sheet as i have already tried those and it came out a similar to the one you've pictured, It comes out as a more turquoise Blue, Thanks for the feedback on the Volvo Cream Yellow.
First and foremost, apologies for the late reply to this! When I'm bit busy and my mind isn't in gear yet, I can miss some replies. Better late than never, I guess?
Joking aside, I tried Riviera Blue with those values and the colour looked similar to what I had used, though I believe my attempt was a lighter shade... only just. Regarding your input to some colours in this, thanks man! Since you mentioned using "Two-Tone Polished" for Tanzanite Blue Metallic, I've been going back over some colours that could actually benefit from using that over Metal Flake. Finally, I'm always happy to provide feedback, any time! With what we've got so far, you're helping make things go along faster than intended and I cannot thank you enough for this! :cheers:

Attachments

• Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    88.3 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Great job! I loved this idea when I played GT6 and I´m happy that it exists with Forza too. I recently switched to Xbox One X and Horizon.

Would anyone mind to write values for Scuderia Rosso on LaFerrari?
I want to paint my roof with matching paint but there is only black option :/

Last edited:
Screenshot_20190220-233702_Chrome.jpg

Is there somebody that could do the same paintjob for the senna? It looks way better than its current in game orange. I tried to do it but I'm not truly satisfied with the result

Back