Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS)

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 4' started by Mitcho2001, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

If this sounds familiar to you, it probably is considering this has been around for quite a few years now, started by Terronium-12. The sole purpose of this is to be able to bring in more colours from many other vehicles, considering Forza's colour variety is probably still smaller compared to those of Gran Turismo. So basically, you can have any colour you want on any car you desire! Right now, Terronium's colours sheet feels slightly outdated, but if you do want to use it, go for it, because what I'm working on still has a lot of work to do and I shall explain why.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...on-database-constant-work-in-progress.335447/

THE ORIGINAL SPREADSHEET
    CLICK HERE

MY SPREADSHEET
    CLICK HERE
    LEGEND
    L: Left click (start of value)
    R: Right click (before next value)
    Right now, 652 colours are in and confirmed, however with a larger range of colours per manufacturer. So expect a lot of colours when this is eventually filled out! For the time being, Terronium's would be the best to use as there are some better and more interesting choices, as well as more suggestions that have been created in the first link. Not to mention there are 576 colours from a larger range of manufacturers; the complete opposite of mine. I'm more than welcome to hear your suggestions, so you can request any colour you want that isn't featured. I'll do my best to ensure colours continue to be added to the spreadsheet in the shortest time possible. If I don't get around to it, feel free to remind me about it!

If you want to help anybody out with any colours (if at all I become suddenly inactive,) here are some links to help with finding a colour:
    FINDING FORZA VALUES
    http://chris-hill.co.uk/forzacolour.php

FINDING COLOURS
    http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml
    http://autocolorlibrary.com/
    Additional note: See post #8 for colour information

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    egl92, JohnyGT, raven214 and 6 others like this.
  2. jwesson1

jwesson1 Premium

Mitcho2001 likes this.
  3. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

How dare you. :lol:

Joking aside, I'm happy to see this project still going on after I first started it in...Forza 4? Holy hell, has it really been that long!?

My methods were good for the time and I had it down to an eventual science, but if there are much better ways of doing this now — color me intrigued! :tup:

ClydeYellow, JohnyGT, Clark and 3 others like this.
  4. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

Haha, sorry! Shouldn't have said that...
    In all seriousness though, we may as well keep it going, no matter how long it has been around for! I think that for the time you were doing this with said science, that's pretty damn impressive. Not only that, but the colours look so much better! I did a trial with one of the existing colours and I definitely preferred it over what Forza used. Can't remember what it was, but it was most likely on a Lamborghini or some European car.

Terronium-12 and jwesson1 like this.
  5. Nogoodname

Nogoodname

Glad to see this again!

jwesson1 likes this.
  6. Gotbeefboy564

Gotbeefboy564

Let’s get the ball rolling with this color.
    9ACAA12E-814F-40E7-B77E-A66A09484688.jpeg

Nogoodname likes this.
  7. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

I'll get around to adding this to the spreadsheet, but for now the values are listed below.
    upload_2019-1-2_17-38-53.png
    Techno Pink
    Paint Type: Metal Flake
    Hue: 0.97 L
    Saturation: 0.16 L
    Brightness: 0.79 R

Gotbeefboy564 likes this.
  8. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

If there are any particular colours you would like to be recreated, state the name of it so we can avoid any confusion in the event of creating a different colour. Even though trying to find the right colour is fine and all, knowing what the colour is makes it easier to work with.

9. Gotbeefboy564

Gotbeefboy564

When I tried to make that color in game it was too shiny in game, I thought it looked duller in person. Looks good on the Fiesta though.

10. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

The paint in the photograph does look like a duller, less saturated pink as compared to what it looks like in Forza. Maybe it's just all to do with lighting when it comes to comparing the two images, since there is a lot more glare on the bodywork on the Spark. But that's just my guess; I could be completely wrong!

11. jwesson1

jwesson1 Premium

Audi Ipanema Brown,
    Audi Nardo Grey - Could you please check the current colour values listed as i believe they are wrong (They make a dark grey colour).
    BMW Protonic Red
    Porsche Crayon Grey,

12. TheOE

TheOE

13. Gotbeefboy564

Gotbeefboy564

14. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

I’ll be more than happy to check and reasses the colour values to see if any changes are needed, as well as create the colours you listed. Thanks for mentioning your thoughts on a possible inaccuracy!
    I put this link in the initial post and is what I use if I can’t find a certain colour on a manufacturer’s website.

jwesson1 likes this.
  15. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

Forza Horizon 4 (8).png
    Ipanema Brown
    Paint Type: Metallic
    Base & Flake
    Hue: 0.07 R
    Saturation: 0.77 L
    Brightness: 0.52 R

Forza Horizon 4 (7).png
    Nardo Gray (Original from spreadsheet)
    Paint Type: Standard
    Hue: 0.63 R
    Saturation: 0.05 L
    Brightness: 0.38 L

Forza Horizon 4 (6).png
    Nardo Gray (redo)
    Paint Type: Standard
    Hue: 0.61 R
    Saturation: 0.03 L
    Brightness: 0.42 L

Forza Horizon 4 (2).png
    Protonic Red
    Paint Type: Metallic
    Base & Flake
    Hue: 0.00 R
    Saturation: 1.00 L
    Brightness: 0.66 R

Forza Horizon 4 (5).png
    I'm yet to finalise Crayon Gray because it looks too white in my opinion. Other than that, your other requests are done! I will admit that Nardo Gray is hard to get just right or close to and between the two of them, I don't know what's best. Probably going to need some opinions on the overall brightness.

jwesson1 likes this.
  16. Clark

Clark Premium

Tanzanite blue like my F30. I tried to make an M4 in this colour but it looked too dull. Is it possible to make it in game where it pops like the real Tanzanite Blue in the sun? It has a sort of sparkle to it as well in the light. 9A1F32E8-7DE3-4909-BBEE-E53B93E16324.jpeg 17A40B58-982B-4D96-8E42-5693A95D07B4.jpeg 178DFAAC-865A-4DC4-91B9-83B7099AA100.jpeg

Mitcho2001 likes this.
  17. jwesson1

jwesson1 Premium

@Mitcho2001 - Here's an example of Porsche Crayon Grey [​IMG][​IMG]

More pictures of above car can be found here - https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...3-991/porsche-911-4-0-991-gt3-s-s-2dr/8872402

I'd say that the redo values of Nardo Grey are a much better match to the colour IRL:tup: ,From looking at pictures of it, it seems that its one of those colours were depending on what light its under it can look a completely different shade also i think there if differences between BMW's Nardo Grey & Audi's Nardo Grey.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Mitcho2001 likes this.
  18. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

@Mitcho2001 See how 0.41L, 0.01L, 0.78L works for Crayon Gray.

More importantly, let me know if it bugs out for you after applying the values, and 0.41 becomes 0.33. :odd:.

Mitcho2001 likes this.
  19. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

[​IMG]
    Nippon Poppy Red

Mitcho2001 likes this.
  20. jwesson1

jwesson1 Premium

Volvo 850 T5R / 850R - Cream Yellow

H : 0.16 / S : 0.44 / B : 1.00

[​IMG]

Mitcho2001 and Nogoodname like this.
  21. jwesson1

jwesson1 Premium

@Mitcho2001 - Got another colour to request please :

Audi Riviera Blue - Colour found on the 2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus

[​IMG]

Mitcho2001 likes this.
  22. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

I am taking all of these on board, but the Winter lighting is proving to have some issues as compared to Spring, Summer and Autumn. However, I will try my best to get these colours done with the best lighting I can get.

jwesson1 likes this.
  23. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

Clark: I've got two possible results for Tanzanite Blue using metallic paint. I've used the same base coat values of H: 0.67 L, S: 0.86 R and B: 0.33 R for both, while I've adjusted the saturation and brightness of the flake. Personally, the base values look okay, but the flake is what needs the work. Somewhere in between what I have may work out fine, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. (1, 2)
    Tanzanite Blue (1).png Tanzanite Blue (2).png
    Terronium-12: Those values seem to match the colour in the reference photographs that jwesson1 provided. I didn't come across any issues with the hue value changing, so it all worked out well. Even though the Winter lighting affects the appearance, I managed to get a glimpse of it in Autumn and it seems fine to me. I'll have a look again when Spring comes around in the next few days.
    Crayon (redo).png
    GTvsForza: Nippon Poppy Red is one of those colours where you just have to experiment with values, but was relatively easy to make. Since we now have a Silverado in the game, I figured that would be the best to use considering it's near-identical to the SST Concept. Metal flake looks like it's the best option with the base values of H: 0.00 L, S: 1.00 L, B: 0.99 L and flake values of H: 0.99 R, S: 0.97 L, B: 0.59 L.
    Nippon Poppy Red.png
    jwesson1: Those values for Cream Yellow are very close, I'll admit! I don't know if any changes are really needed, so what you provided will be kept. Thanks for helping out there! As for my attempt at Riviera Blue, I can already tell that it's too light of a blue. Still, everything is in the works at the moment.
    Cream Yellow.png Riviera Blue (original).png

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    jwesson1 and Terronium-12 like this.
  24. jwesson1

jwesson1 Premium

@Mitcho2001 - Did you use the colour values (Porsche Riviera Blue - 0.53 / 1.00 / 0.76) from the old Forza colour sheet as i have already tried those and it came out a similar to the one you've pictured, It comes out as a more turquoise Blue, Thanks for the feedback on the Volvo Cream Yellow.

Mitcho2001 likes this.
  25. jwesson1

jwesson1 Premium

@Mitcho2001 - Try using these colour values in two-tone polished for BMW Tanzanite Blue Metallic :

Base - 0.60 / 0.84 / 0.20
    Hue - 0.57 / 0.74 / 0.35

(Values taken from the old Forza colour sheet)

26. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

Now that it's going to be Spring for a week, this should be a good time to compare everything. I'll be sure to try that combination out and try more combinations from Terronium's spreadsheet where necessary.

27. Mitcho2001

Mitcho2001

It's been a while since I've done some work on the sheet, but I have been continuing to get more values. Some of them I'll need to look over and possibly redo, like Austin Yellow which probably should be metallic with different base and flake values. I still have Terronium's spreadsheet in case there already is a colour that I can use as a reference, or just use entirely if that already is close enough.
    (Austin Yellow is currently Two-Tone Polished with the values of 0.14 L, 0.63 L and 0.76 L. It just doesn't look right... :confused:)
    First and foremost, apologies for the late reply to this! When I'm bit busy and my mind isn't in gear yet, I can miss some replies. Better late than never, I guess?
    Joking aside, I tried Riviera Blue with those values and the colour looked similar to what I had used, though I believe my attempt was a lighter shade... only just. Regarding your input to some colours in this, thanks man! Since you mentioned using "Two-Tone Polished" for Tanzanite Blue Metallic, I've been going back over some colours that could actually benefit from using that over Metal Flake. Finally, I'm always happy to provide feedback, any time! With what we've got so far, you're helping make things go along faster than intended and I cannot thank you enough for this! :cheers:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Nogoodname and jwesson1 like this.
  28. JohnyGT

JohnyGT

Great job! I loved this idea when I played GT6 and I´m happy that it exists with Forza too. I recently switched to Xbox One X and Horizon.

Would anyone mind to write values for Scuderia Rosso on LaFerrari?
    I want to paint my roof with matching paint but there is only black option :/

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  29. 53Nicolas

53Nicolas

Screenshot_20190220-233702_Chrome.jpg
    Is there somebody that could do the same paintjob for the senna? It looks way better than its current in game orange. I tried to do it but I'm not truly satisfied with the result

30. Nacho Libre

Nacho Libre

Senna orange poster 1.jpg
    Senna orange poster 2.jpg
    I'm not much of a painter but according to your picture that's what I came up with!

Special colors - Metal flake
    Base color H:0.05 R S:0.99 R B:0.71 R
    Flake H:0.05 L S:0.94 R B:1.00 R

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019