Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 'Fortune Island' Releases December 13

In this week's seasonal challenge, they want me to get 260,000 points on the Needle Climb drift zone. Essentially they want me to 4-star it. That ain't happenin'.

Using any of the drift cars makes it a whole easier. This is the tool I used for the job and I just love how stable it feels even when you throw the rear out to ridiculous angles:
full

And this was the end result (downhill)
full

Using any of the drift cars makes it a whole easier.
Wait. You're saying I should use a DRIFT car in a DRIFT zone? No wonder I've been having such troubles. Here is a small sampling of the vehicles I've been using that just weren't working out for me:

Please forgive the sarcasm. I like you, really. But I think people really underestimate how bad I am at drifting and any time I mention my drift suckage, they think it's a request for help. It's not. It's just me making conversation. Unless you download my profile onto your XBox or PC and do my drifting for me, there is no amount of help that will make me suck less at drifting.

Please forgive the sarcasm. I like you, really. But I think people really underestimate how bad I am at drifting and any time I mention my drift suckage, they think it's a request for help. It's not. It's just me making conversation. Unless you download my profile onto your XBox or PC and do my drifting for me, there is no amount of help that will make me suck less at drifting.
If you use sim steering switch it to Normal for the drift zones. It makes it much easier.

It's all good, I too must apologise as it could sound like my message was patronising. It was never my never my intention to belittle you or anyone - There are potentially many readers who haven't registered and want to find out tips on how to become better at drift zones. Some may not know the benefits drift cars have; you get a very competent car right out of the box including a widened steering angle, which really helps with maintaining drifts.

I've also included a picture of a car that's very good at drifting without needing upgrades, in case someone looking for help was unsure of what to look for, particularly if they don't have the Formula Drift pack (though the season pass is required for the Silverado.)

It's all good, I too must apologise as it could sound like my message was patronising. It was never my never my intention to belittle you or anyone -
It's all good. I know you weren't trying to be patronizing or belittling. I mostly just saw an opening for a comedic response and took it. And release a little of my frustration at the same time. I spent twelve hours on just the S-Bends Drift Zone including eight hours alone yesterday, before I finally stumbled into three-starring it. Drift zones aren't fun for me. I don't feel a sense of satisfaction once I three-star one. I don't look back at it and think, "I can improve on that score." I just feel a sense of relief that I'll never have to do that again.

@Populuxe Cowboy is it the control or lines you struggle with? Or which do you struggle with most?
If I had to guess, it's angle. I can drift all day and night, get great angles and lines, but for the life of me I can't figure out what makes a good drift score.
When I think I make a good run, I usually don't get many points, and then randomly I'll get a great score on what is clearly (to me) a sloppy run.

I don't really dislike drifting, but I've always disliked drifting scoring in video games. I don't know if I'm delusional or what, but sometimes I swear going sideways smoking the tires through a drift zone nearly guarantees a bad score.

I presume you meant Buggies that you didn't have to purchase as DLC vehicles, yes? If so, those are your options. I believe the Penhall Cholla is an unlock for the Cross Country events, and the Alumicraft Class 10 is also available (which I forgot to mention), along with the Forza Edition Alumicraft Class 10 which is only available via Wheelspin or getting lucky in the Auction House. 👍

I had trouble with drift zones until I discovered that Formula Drift Viper. Turn TCR off, manual transmission on, put it in 4th gear with a set of drag slicks on, and just keep it on the road. You'll 1 or 2 shot every drift zone in the game.

I had trouble with drift zones until I discovered that Formula Drift Viper. Turn TCR off, manual transmission on, put it in 4th gear with a set of drag slicks on, and just keep it on the road. You'll 1 or 2 shot every drift zone in the game.

Funnily enough I never really got along with the FD cars, found them a bit too twitchy. I've had the most joy with various muscle cars.
My current favourite drift weapon is my Dodge Dart. AWD, V8 engine swap, drift suspension, maxed out. 3 starred every zone I have attempted easily with it.

Not got any particular trick setup for it, but gearing is key. I have set it up so it has a very long 1st and 2nd gear. Works for me anyway.

Buggy you dont have to buy with real money?

For future reference, if you press Y in the autoshow and scroll down to "offroad buggies", select that with the A button and go back with the B button it'll show you all the buggies. The DLC ones might appear (I own the DLC so I don't know what it looks like when you don't) but they've got icons to show which are DLC, which you own and so on.

Back