Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 'Fortune Island' Releases December 13

Well I was 2nd at one point, obviously not any more lol. That's some insane score! Thought I was doing well with about 400k!

Heh, well you are still almost third! :P Just a tiny improvement would take it! Getting onto the first screen of the GTP leaderboard is pretty decent - that's been my goal on all the other zones.

Heh, well you are still almost third! :P Just a tiny improvement would take it! Getting onto the first screen of the GTP leaderboard is pretty decent - that's been my goal on all the other zones.

lol thanks, I'll have another go when I get chance. I remember on my 400k run I actually messed up a couple of corners so there's points to be gained...Plus STILL not 100% happy with the gearing on my Dodge, so if I can find that sweet spot I reckon a 450k+ score is possible?

lol thanks, I'll have another go when I get chance. I remember on my 400k run I actually messed up a couple of corners so there's points to be gained...Plus STILL not 100% happy with the gearing on my Dodge, so if I can find that sweet spot I reckon a 450k+ score is possible?

I reckon you could! All of my runs have had at least some little mistake, like cutting a corner or having to go straight for a bit. Last tweak I tried on the diff went too far and cost me something between 30k and 50k.

Yeah, sorry about that, I just wanted to see what the car was like to drift :lol:

So no problem with it then? Actually it's good to be battling with the same car :) I use it for a lot of Forzathon Lives as well, either that or the Nomad, since it's not so good for Trailblazers.

He came for me too on the long S drift zone, in his own Morris Traveler! :lol:

The Grinch! Yeah PG, where are our Grinch and Krampus outfits? :lol:

Best RWD car with power for the live events? I use the wheel, so to have one vehicle for this is tough. The fast cars arent usually good with drift, etc. Which ONE car is best for drift and speed if you use a wheel and cant use a handbrake?

I asked this before, but still cant find the right one. Do some of you change cars mid event?

I bought that package of specialty drift cars and all of them are too difficult to control, handling too much for me.

Last edited:
I have enjoyed myself in Fortune Island. I also used the funds I raised from the treasure chests to get myself Edinburgh Castle after I sold some of my cars along the way to help get the Castle with.

Best RWD car with power for the live events? I use the wheel, so to have one vehicle for this is tough. The fast cars arent usually good with drift, etc. Which ONE car is best for drift and speed if you use a wheel and cant use a handbrake?

I asked this before, but still cant find the right one. Do some of you change cars mid event?

I bought that package of specialty drift cars and all of them are too difficult to control, handling too much for me.

I tend to use one car throughout the live events. Usually it's a high powered rally car with all-wheel-drive. It handles well enough on tarmac and obviously tears it up off-road for speed traps/zones, it's decent at drifting, and it gives good control for danger signs.

There is no single car that can do everything really well, without at least a change in tuning setup. Just use whatever car you like for Forzathon Live, and don't worry about maximizing your contribution to the group.

The Formula Drift cars are pretty much EZ-mode drifting. I've got a tune for the FD Viper that makes it almost comically easy to 3-star drift zones, as long as you can keep it between the lines.

There is no single car that can do everything really well, without at least a change in tuning setup. Just use whatever car you like for Forzathon Live, and don't worry about maximizing your contribution to the group.

The Formula Drift cars are pretty much EZ-mode drifting. I've got a tune for the FD Viper that makes it almost comically easy to 3-star drift zones, as long as you can keep it between the lines.
You haven’t met a maxed out Ford Transit, then :lol:

The Ascari

I reckon you could! All of my runs have had at least some little mistake, like cutting a corner or having to go straight for a bit. Last tweak I tried on the diff went too far and cost me something between 30k and 50k.

Well, got my score up to 419k now, still wasn't a perfect run but getting there...:)

I love using random oddball cars for Forzathon live, just to see how well (or not) I can do.

I find it amusing when everyone is waiting in their various supercars, taking it dead serious and then I roll up in my pink Caddy Limo :lol:

I love using random oddball cars for Forzathon live, just to see how well (or not) I can do.

I find it amusing when everyone is waiting in their various supercars, taking it dead serious and then I roll up in my pink Caddy Limo :lol:
I know what you mean since most of the cars I use are worthless with drifting anyway. So it wont matter which car I show up with.

I know what you mean since most of the cars I use are worthless with drifting anyway. So it wont matter which car I show up with.

Regards drifting, I have a certain build which has served me very well (3 starred every zone in the game, plus near the top of some leader boards)

Muscle car of choosing + V8 engine swap + AWD + drift suspension + maxed out. The purists will disagree with the AWD bit, but hey this is Forza, not Formula Drift...nothing to say I can't use AWD? ;)

Oh and make sure traction control is off, sounds obvious but still :lol:

The purists will disagree with the AWD bit, but hey this is Forza, not Formula Drift...nothing to say I can't use AWD? ;)
I honestly don't think I have done a single AWD swap in FH4 yet, I have RWD Swaped an AWD car a few times.

EDIT: Scratch that, I did do 1 AWD swap when I tried to do a Rally build on the Volvo Iron Knight.

Last edited:
Regards drifting, I have a certain build which has served me very well (3 starred every zone in the game, plus near the top of some leader boards)

Muscle car of choosing + V8 engine swap + AWD + drift suspension + maxed out. The purists will disagree with the AWD bit, but hey this is Forza, not Formula Drift...nothing to say I can't use AWD? ;)

Oh and make sure traction control is off, sounds obvious but still :lol:
Traction control, OK, now I just realized the only thing I adjust on that menu is I go from expert to pro and back and forth and have not looked at the other settings in a while, If I put it on Expert and that turns traction control on, and I turn traction control off, then the expert or pro setting that i have set it to will change, I guess. I will look at that.

V8 engine swap, didnt know you could do that either. thanks.

Nor did I know you could swap an AWD for an RWD on any given car or any car.

What causes a FAILED when drifting...what do you have to do to get that?

Nobody on here in two days?

Weird.

My fave part of Fortune Island is the treasure hunt and now that I have them all I am bummed.

When i get into a car and I am not going to do a seasonal or event and I just want to drive it WHERE am I changing traction control on and off, etc?

Last edited:
Pause > Difficulty Settings
I go to settings then difficulty settings which I thought were only for events but if you enter a coop event it will be designed as a "pro" if that is where your settings are and only those others with their settings at pro will be part of your event, actual people I mean? Does my question make sense?

I go to settings then difficulty settings which I thought were only for events but if you enter a coop event it will be designed as a "pro" if that is where your settings are and only those others with their settings at pro will be part of your event, actual people I mean? Does my question make sense?
I think what you're asking is if you enter an even with your settings set to Pro, will your opponents be Pro as well? Yes. The game sets up Pro versus Pro, Highly Skilled versus Highly Skilled, etc.

Team co-op events don't give you a chance to change any settings, you must set everything up before you start the event.

How it picks other players honestly doesn't matter I don't think.
Just set your own settings where they need to be.

I think what you're asking is if you enter an even with your settings set to Pro, will your opponents be Pro as well? Yes. The game sets up Pro versus Pro, Highly Skilled versus Highly Skilled, etc.
Yes so this will limit the other people who can play with you depending on what level I am on, pro vs expert etc. Because they too would have to have their car set to that to be able to race me in a coop.

Doing a 360 through it.

Really, just driving through it is the fastest way.
Not necessarily so, hitting the brakes on entry then accelerating seems faster but not sure.

I sure seem to lose ground on the cars behind me when I go thru full on for some reason.

Back