Forza Horizon 4 Expansion 'Fortune Island' Releases December 13

I could be wrong, but IIRC, someone from PG has once said that for expansions to be a part of the map would require all players to download a massive patch nearly the size of the game. That could be why they're always separate.

I had hoped they would add more to the current map simply because of those bridges to the North. Why tease us like that? I want to drive over them. Oh well. That road looks like the one in Romania.

Everybody would probably have to download the entire map again if that happened. Not everyone has superfast internet.
I don't think that they had to change anything on the main map. And with the two big bridges on top of the map you easily could get the feeling that they could be used to enter the expansion pack(s) and expand the main map. At least I was thinking/hoping for that.

You'd need to actually have a road that gets you to said bridges, which isn't the case right now. That would require a complete rework of the map & number of roads (and the achievement that goes with it) and that's why it'll be like in FH2&3, a remote location available through a load zone.

Given the presence of Viking ships, I'm guessing either the Shetland or Orkney Islands. Although if they are going outside the UK, then it could also be the Faroe Islands.

Pretty much spot on as according to JONK:

"It's a fictional island, of course, inspired by places like the Isle of Skye, Faroe Islands, the Shetland Islands and other places Vikings used to roam which inspired the team at Playground. But if it were to exist IRL, you would be correct that it would likely be the extreme north of Scotland."

If the FD cars are so bad then why are all the drift zone leaderboards filled with them? Sounds to me like you can't handle them.
Yes I cannot handle them as they handle nothing like a drift car, or if I had a drift car that handled like that I wouldn't bother drifting in real life as it would not be enjoyable. The steering is way too twitchy, it might be different with a joypad, but with a wheel it's not enjoyable at all and I would prefer to just drift the regular cars with drift suspension and enjoy it, as they handle more like real life. Those drift zone scores have pretty much nothing to do with drifting score in real life as you will see most cars at the top of the leader board are 4WD.

Those drift zone scores have pretty much nothing to do with drifting score in real life as you will see most cars at the top of the leader board are 4WD.
That makes it not based off real life? I disagree. That's just means it's not following rules of any reallife "Drift" competition.

Anything in games that has resemblances to Scotland gets me excited. Looking forward to the expansion.

Yes I cannot handle them as they handle nothing like a drift car, or if I had a drift car that handled like that I wouldn't bother drifting in real life as it would not be enjoyable. The steering is way too twitchy, it might be different with a joypad, but with a wheel it's not enjoyable at all and I would prefer to just drift the regular cars with drift suspension and enjoy it, as they handle more like real life. Those drift zone scores have pretty much nothing to do with drifting score in real life as you will see most cars at the top of the leader board are 4WD.

This makes more sense in contex.

The FD cars are pretty good with the controller, not as good or controllable as in Motorsports, (my opinion) and pretty twitchy with a little bit of weirdness in how they e brake, but once you're used to them you can pick your line pretty well.

But i can see them being weird if you're using a wheel. The steering on them is by far the least intuitive part, honestly i find the game feels the most realistic when it comes to drifting, if you just ignore the drift suspension all together. Its also weirdly hard to hold big angle in the game with the FD cars, as they have a tendency to go towards the inside of the turn if you hold really big angle for more than a split second or two.

This makes more sense in contex.

The FD cars are pretty good with the controller, not as good or controllable as in Motorsports, (my opinion) and pretty twitchy with a little bit of weirdness in how they e brake, but once you're used to them you can pick your line pretty well.

But i can see them being weird if you're using a wheel. The steering on them is by far the least intuitive part, honestly i find the game feels the most realistic when it comes to drifting, if you just ignore the drift suspension all together. Its also weirdly hard to hold big angle in the game with the FD cars, as they have a tendency to go towards the inside of the turn if you hold really big angle for more than a split second or two.

Yes I found that some cars are great with the drift suspension, while others feel more natural to drift with racing or rally suspension.
I can make those Formula D cars drift, but it's not enjoyable. I adjusted every setting to try make it more like the regular cars, but that twitchy steering just ruins any chance of it being enjoyable for me.
I'm used to giving the wheel a big yank to initiate a drift and trying to initiate a drift by turning the wheel a tiny amount just isn't going to feel good for anyone who is used to that.

Yes I found that some cars are great with the drift suspension, while others feel more natural to drift with racing or rally suspension.
I can make those Formula D cars drift, but it's not enjoyable. I adjusted every setting to try make it more like the regular cars, but that twitchy steering just ruins any chance of it being enjoyable for me.
I'm used to giving the wheel a big yank to initiate a drift and trying to initiate a drift by turning the wheel a tiny amount just isn't going to feel good for anyone who is used to that.

Yeah, that'd annoy me. I've got a wheel/shifter setup but i don't use it regularly for drifting since i don't have an E-brake...but i've done enough drifting in game and IRL to be massively annoyed at even the thought of initiating by just twitching the wheel a tiny amount.

I've been playing Horizon pretty nonstop since it came out, but since the hothweels pack for Forza 7, i've gone back to that game a few times to get my drifting kicks. It's immediately kind of a sigh of relief from a controls perspective. Its like i'm taking off mittens and can suddenly control my car with just way way way more precise inputs.

At the same time, i find drifting on roads so much more interesting. Even FH4's mild sweepers provide a ton of interesting verticality, off camber bumps, stuff like that. The horizon series has always done a fantastic job of making their roads feel like actual roads with pavement imperfections and random bumps, rather than a series of tracks in the shape of roads. The Need for Speed and Crew games always get that wrong, with their roads being more or less bump free unless there was an obvious reason for it.

I wish i could translate the map from Horizon into motorsports sometimes. Those little dashed line roads in the southeast portion of the map would be so much fun in Motorsports!

I feel like they could have made the dlc load via GTA style loading screen when driving over said bridge. If you don't have the dlc, it resets your car just like it does certain places already.

I think the dlc is a bit underwhelming as well. I mean, hello FH2 already.
Sharknado island, maybe.

I'm reserving judgement for now. I’m not super hyped but I’m not going to label this a Storm Island rehash either until we actually see proper gameplay and whatnot.

But that screenshot of the roads looks promising. Depending on how interesting they are, I potentially see myself spending more time on here than the main map.

I'd like if they'd had some fun and teased us early on about the expansion. If it were my idea, I'd have had a wharf with a pirate ship that has an onramp or something which was in the game from release (because obviously they know what the expansion is going to be well before the game releases). And when you drive up it you get reset and a written message comes up saying cheesy and piratey like "Ahoy, matey! We're not quite ready to set sail for fortune yet. Come back later." And it would have to be written, because if there's anything this game doesn't need more of, it's dialogue. And yeah, I know that all the viking ships and stuff that seem to be on Fortune Island would make the Pirate thing a bit out of place, but they called it Fortune Island for Pete's sake.

But yeah, it's little things that give a game character, and it's a shame that they make a good game but don't really make any effort to give it a proper soul. Unless you count this weird festival thing where hipsters are enslaved and forced to dance and cheer within prison walls while music plays 24/7 as a soul. The random festival goers are miserable, I found one who appeared to be pretending to care about what a brick wall had to say, because he managed to escape the dancing prison known as the festival... I've gone off-topic.

Last edited:
Have to say this is one expansion I'm actually really interested in. Thanks to most UK outlets, I've always wanted to do a bit of photography and driving on mountain switchbacks in a game. Honestly, this is what I was hoping would be in the standard game.

Fotrune Island car list:

2019 Lamborghini Urus
2018 BMW M5
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept
2002 Koenigsegg CC8S (return from FM4)
2018 Exomotive Exocet Off-Road
2012 Lamborghini Aventador J (return from FH1)
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor (return from FM4/FH1)
1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler
2018 Funco Motorsports F9
2015 Hoonigan GYMKHANA 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43

ダウンロsssssssssssssード.png

Also, I found a Jeep Grand Wagoneer with a trailer.
There is a possibility that this car is barn find.
ダウsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssンロード.png

Edit: Yeah, Shelby Raptor also appeared in the trailer.
I guess this car is one of Season 4 Forzathon shop exclusive cars.

Last edited:
Some interesting new cars coming. Looking forward to the Morris Minor. The first production Koenigsegg will be cool (Returning from FH4). Aventador J is always a nice car. Don't really care about buggies, but I know there are people who do. More Hoonigan though... We have the Gymkhana 9 and 10 versions of the Fiesta, right? Why add another one?

I really need to get the game soon.

I'm happy to see the Saleen S5S Raptor return since it was the only unicorn car from FH1 I wasn't able to get. The Morris Minor Traveler is also a nice addition.

So the newcomer to Forza, Funco Motorsports is certainly starting with a bang with 1750hp according to the article. :eek:

In reality it’s capable of popping wheelies off-road with ease, even if it can’t be replicated in stock form I’m pretty sure a good tuner could make it do so. :D

Latest Posts

Back