Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I just completed a chapter in the "old" Drift Club story hoping that the subsequent disappearance of traffic and Drivatars would have been fixed by now, but it hasn't...

Anyone else have an issue where Days Played and Car Masteries don't seem to increase in Forza Rewards?

I'm only 145 points away from the next tier and it's slowing down my progress.

Anyone else have an issue where Days Played and Car Masteries don't seem to increase in Forza Rewards?

I'm only 145 points away from the next tier and it's slowing down my progress.

Yeah, my days played is stuck at 44 days despite the fact that I've probably played 60 at this point. I have only mastered two cars, though, so that's accurate. Then again I'd have to get maximum points in all four Forza games available on PC to get to the next tier and there are some achievements in FM7 I'll never get so I'm not really bothered.

You mean I actually have to play the video game?

Waste of money!!1!1!

Jokes aside this expansion and car selection is actually godlike. The Funco F9 being one of the most ridiculous cars in the game, yet somehow my favorite of the expansion! :lol:

This thread has officially taken away my will to live:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...e-Island--Missing--cars--SPOILER-ALERT.aspx?=

I thought our GT sections were the cesspit of the internet, but clearly I've been proved wrong.

:scared:
This is why I'm certain (and saddened) that we'll never see progression like FM1 and FM2 again. People want instant gratification and anything that has to be earned is "clearly for microtransactions" and "I paid for this I should have it now"

I think it's reasonable that people expected advertised DLC cars to behave exactly the same as previous DLC cars, as in you get to drive the cars you paid for (on top of the game itself) without hassle. Coupled with that, they probably also expected to find hidden, unannounced cars as progression rewards, like the barn finds and reward cars in Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels, and not cars that were already revealed.

That said, the fact that PG listed 10 cars instead of 7 should have been a clue...

I think it's reasonable that people expected advertised DLC cars to behave exactly the same as previous DLC cars, as in you get to drive the cars you paid for (on top of the game itself) without hassle. Coupled with that, they probably also expected to find hidden, unannounced cars as progression rewards, like the barn finds and reward cars in Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels.

That said, the fact that PG listed 10 cars instead of 7 should have been a clue...

I think it's logical to anticipate cars added as part of an expansion to be different than just another car pack.

But whatever. Let them complain about actually needing to play the thing they paid for, to get the new cars. If you mainlined the main progression of the expansion, you could probably have them all in a few hours.

This thread has officially taken away my will to live:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...e-Island--Missing--cars--SPOILER-ALERT.aspx?=

I thought our GT sections were the cesspit of the internet, but clearly I've been proved wrong.

:scared:

I mean, I could get the argument if players were required to re-run the same events time and time again to earn these cars. But from my understanding of Fortune Island, isn't it literally one-and-done? You should be able to unlock most everything just from running each event a single time, no?

Did these people also complain that their garage didn't come pre-loaded with 450+ cars on day one?

But that's exactly how they were in FH3's expansions.

The inner logic of this expansion should not be compared to FH3 expansions. As mentioned, FH4 progression is no different and that's the thing players should keep in mind.

Did these people also complain that their garage didn't come pre-loaded with 450+ cars on day one?

Eh, hasn't the most vocal complaint nowadays, even on the official forums, been that you're given way too many cars at the start?

The inner logic of this expansion should not be compared to FH3 expansions. As mentioned, FH4 progression is no different and that's the thing players should keep in mind.

Which paid DLC car in the main game required you to "progress"?

I mean, I agree. It takes no time at all to unlock all the cars on Fortune Island. But, at the same time, I can somewhat see where the complaints are coming from.

Another aspect of this is that if you wanted multiples of the locked DLC cars, you're in for a rough time.

Last edited:
And it's not like the actual progression is very difficult or time consuming. I've played the expansion for less than an hour yesterday and managed to get the first 2 treasures fairly easily before sleep got the best of me. :lol:

Oh my lord. That just takes the cake. Why is it that Forza gets constant compaints that aren't reasonable such as that? Just play the damn game to earn rewards, simple.

I mean, I could get the argument if players were required to re-run the same events time and time again to earn these cars. But from my understanding of Fortune Island, isn't it literally one-and-done? You should be able to unlock most everything just from running each event a single time, no?

Not even that, you can get to the 10th treasure hunt on PR stunts and Dirt events alone. I didn't touch a cross-country race or Drift Club until after I finished all the treasure hunts. Aside from 7 or 8 bonus boards I've completed everything Fortune Island has to offer in about 6 hours.

Also I'm so glad to see they fixed the black Speedline wheels to show the lettering rather than a plain white rectangle where the lettering should be. That bugged me no end.

Which paid DLC car in the main game required you to "progress"?

You are focusing on the wrong thing, i.e. DLC.

With FH4 you purchased a big map bundled with many cars, some of which are locked behind progression.
With Fortune Island you purchased a small map bundled with few cars, some of which are locked behind progression.

There is no practical difference other than the percentage of unlockable cars is higher on Fortune Island. I like the word "unlockable" too because in FM7 many cars were downright locked away from collection for several months. That was something deserving of endless complaints.

Oh my lord. That just takes the cake. Why is it that Forza gets constant compaints that aren't reasonable such as that? Just play the damn game to earn rewards, simple.

People like to whine on the internet too much, seriously...

Because their games appeal to kids.

You are focusing on the wrong thing, i.e. DLC.

With FH4 you purchased a big map bundled with many cars, some of which are locked behind progression.
With Fortune Island you purchased a small map bundled with few cars, some of which are locked behind progression.

Fair enough, except the rest of the Fortune Island cars are distributed in the same way as any other DLC car, where you get one for free through the autoshow but you can buy as many as you like thereafter.

So the Fortune Island expansion on its own is $30NZD, yet the expansion pass is $70NZD... They must have something pretty damn spectacular planned for the second expansion.

Fair enough, except the rest of the Fortune Island cars are distributed in the same way as any other DLC car, where you get one for free through the autoshow but you can buy as many as you like thereafter.

It's a universal design choice, DLC cars or not. There's no need to single out Fortune Island when raising this concern.

If we really must complain about the allocation of DLC cars, then I'm beginning to dislike the fact that only two season pass cars are distributed every week. Currently we have eight paid but unavailable DLC cars installed on our systems, because we have to wait weeks to obtain all of them. Why exactly?

My Lamborghini Jarama is paid and installed. Why do I need to wait weeks to drive it? It's like staying patient for no reason. Microsoft are only doing it ensure weekly traffic from players, as if the seasonal events weren't enough to facilitate player traffic. What's next? Base game content locked behind seasonal events? Oh wait, FM7 been there and done that already. :lol:

Why didn't T10 give us the option to just have the off-road lights on the new Ram? It looks insanely stupid having both a front splitter and the lights. :yuck:

Other than that little nitpick I'm really liking the expansion though.

I love this game. I've recently switched to Simulation steering and started messing with my FFB to get the most out of it, but I've got a bit of a gripe with one part of the game's design.

I really do not like the Cross Country events at all. Nor do I like being forced to drive the Offroad Buggies category on them. It just turns into a case of "Watch the AI nail the landing while you get turned around". No matter what. Even on a straight landing, I get tossed around for no real reason. Plus, the constant driving-through-objects aspect of some of the events, especially the one at the expansion where you have to drive through several blocks of things, hurt you way harder than they hurt the AI. And the Buggies (aside from the Exocet...barely) are plain infuriating to drive through those conditions.

Not to mention that no car could reasonably survive some of the jumps they subject you to during the events. Honestly, they could have toned down Cross Country to make it less luck based at the jumps.

And I am talking from the experience of having cleared every single cross country event in mainland UK and being underway with the ones on Fortune Island.

I love this game. I've recently switched to Simulation steering and started messing with my FFB to get the most out of it, but I've got a bit of a gripe with one part of the game's design.

I really do not like the Cross Country events at all. Nor do I like being forced to drive the Offroad Buggies category on them. It just turns into a case of "Watch the AI nail the landing while you get turned around". No matter what. Even on a straight landing, I get tossed around for no real reason. Plus, the constant driving-through-objects aspect of some of the events, especially the one at the expansion where you have to drive through several blocks of things, hurt you way harder than they hurt the AI. And the Buggies (aside from the Exocet...barely) are plain infuriating to drive through those conditions.

Not to mention that no car could reasonably survive some of the jumps they subject you to during the events. Honestly, they could have toned down Cross Country to make it less luck based at the jumps.

And I am talking from the experience of having cleared every single cross country event in mainland UK and being underway with the ones on Fortune Island.
Do you know what Blueprint is?

Back