Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Kinda defeats the point of "exclusive reward", doesn't it?

Well, it's either piss off the cabal of people who will probably win the forum competition, and piss off everyone else for dangling the Regalia in front of us and yanking it away.

Which would you rather do?

I say let the chips fall where they may. If PG wants to play it that way, let them. It's free content either way.

Kinda defeats the point of "exclusive reward", doesn't it?
It kind of does, yeah, but if it is a reward for forum users, there's only a literal handful of those a week. That sounds a bit ridiculous, and is exactly the issue that unicorn cars in FM4< faced.

Pretty underwhelming monthly update. Some of the cars coming to the game are cool, but no "big ticket" fixes or additions to the game (apparently the wall riding "fix" was supposed to be part of this, but they delayed it a month for testing).

Couple other things they've clarified:

- The Capri FE will soon be obtainable by mere mortals (they didn't specify if it'll be a reward, or a shop item, or what), after Series 6.
- Here was their answer to the question of more car packs past the end of the Car Pass: "We have many many more cars lined up, loads of them will be free, some of them will have DLCs that they'll be attached to, but yes, we'll be adding more and more cars"

"Some of them" will have DLCs (plural) that they will be attached to. We know the second expansion is probably one of these, but that suggests additional DLC content planned in the future beyond cars.

Was hoping for at least one announcement regarding the implementation of some "big ticket" fix for the multiplayer in particular, but I guess it was not to be.

Actually, the Regalia will be a Seasonal Championship reward car starting March 14th.

I was hoping I didn't have to bring myself to acquire it... Now I'm compelled to. :(

I like the original Regalia, not least for its glorious ForzaVista model, but this offroad variant looks ridiculous.

Can someone explain what it means and how to lower this "Average Latency" in horizon4 benchmark modus?

Average Latency: 88ms 1080p/60fps super smooth gameplay. but i see benchmark screens where people have 12ms or 40ms.

Can someone explain what it means and how to lower this "Average Latency" in horizon4 benchmark modus?

Average Latency: 88ms 1080p/60fps super smooth gameplay. but i see benchmark screens where people have 12ms or 40ms.

I think it's your average frame time, which is how long it takes your graphics card to draw a frame (latency being the difference between when the card is asked to start drawing against when it finishes drawing). It's a more accurate measure of your performance than frame rate because frame rates are an average over time, since you could have 59 frames drawn at 10ms and the 60th could take 410ms, you'd still get 60 frames in a second but it wouldn't look smooth. It's all a bit of a dark art, though, so I don't completely understand how it works (or maybe it's simple and I just need to read more).

Lower your settings and the latency should go down, try it out and see.

After having looked a several benchmarks, and googled for it, i still have no idea what this AL value means, but it doesn't seems to limit performances.
The values are too high to be actual frame latency (a frame length is 16.6 ms @ 60 fps). I'm seeing a benchmark at 60 FPS with 0 stutter count, and 85.2 at AL. Not even sure that lower is better :confused:

Edit:
I did some benchmark on my, PC, here's the 3840x2160 one:
upload_2019-2-12_13-42-14.png

And the 1920x1080:
upload_2019-2-12_13-45-7.png

As we can see, higher and steadier frame-rate also shows a higher Average Latency, so don't worry ;)

Last edited:
@Milouse is it possible for it to be network latency, I wonder?
My network latency is usually around 8ms, and the AL is affected when switching V-Sync to Off. But maybe Xbox services add to this latency, i'll try to check in xbox app.
Edit: Xbox latency: 24ms

The second expansion might go the other direction and be based on the South West of England; small coves, medium high peaks with narrower roads akin to Fortune Island in places. Open fields, grazing animals and a lot of rain. Quite easy to reuse assets, could base it around hill climbing or rallying. Could also bring back treasure hunts as pirate smuggling runs.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net...17713494-FH4-Release-Notes-February-12th-2019

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this Content Update.

Version Numbers
PC: 1.253.923.2

Xbox: 1.253.923.0

NEW FEATURES
SKILL STREAK

This update adds a new Horizon Story to the game, available at level 60, close to the Stone Circle. Jaimin needs to help with difficult problems like “What is the best SUV?” and “Just how fast can you drive an EB110 while NOT hitting anything?” and the question that has vexed the greatest thinkers throughout the ages “Just how much can you hoon in a railyard?”

SEASONAL PLAYGROUND GAMES

Compete in the all-new Seasonal Playground games to unlock the Global Rallycross VW, the Hotwheels Boneshaker, the Lotus 2-Eleven and a Super Wheelspin.

SEASONAL STREET RACES

Street Scene joins the Seasonal event rotation with Street Race Seasonal Championships, offering great rewards, including Ken Block loot!

CROSS-PLATFORM FIXES
  • Various stability improvements
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to access set up manager during from the pre-race menu of a solo event
  • Players in solo Horizon Stories can now see their score in the post-race flow
  • Fixed an issue where the British Racing Green UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
  • Fixed an issue where the World’s Fastest Rentals UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
  • Fixed an issue where the LaRacer @ Horizon UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
  • Fixed an issue in Chapter 10 of Isha’s Taxis where convoy members were kicked back to freeroam after phase 1
  • Improved UI in all Horizon Stories, so now next available star target score is visible
  • Added functionality to view Horizon Story leader boards from the chapter select screen
  • Fixed an issue with a specific tune on the Horizon Edition Caterham that would cause graphical corruption of the vehicle
  • Improved AI behavior during custom routes
  • Fixed an issue where audio SFX would hang during gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where the tram in Edinburgh would appear to shake whilst moving
  • Fixed an issue where players were forced into using a super wheelspin upon leveling up if one was available
  • Fixed an issue where audio could be delayed when travelling to Fortune Island
  • Improved server migration times to help maintain fuller game servers
  • Fixed an issue where selecting a custom route from the creative hub via Rivals caused a hard lock
  • Fixed an issue where severely damaging the Hillman Imp would cause framerate issues
WHEEL FIXES
  • Improved FFB by reducing the jolts coming from big load spikes when driving off road
PC FIXES
  • Fixed an issue where there was no music during the initial drive on Fortune Island

• Fixed an issue where audio SFX would hang during gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where audio could be delayed when travelling to Fortune Island
giphy.gif

• Players in solo Horizon Stories can now see their score in the post-race flow
  • Improved UI in all Horizon Stories, so now next available star target score is visible
It's good to see these sorts of changes being made, the 2nd one is something that really should have been a feature from the very start

giphy.gif

It's good to see these sorts of changes being made, the 2nd one is something that really should have been a feature from the very start

Oh, man that always drove me nuts in the Horizon stories. You'd have to check beforehand to see what the 3-star score was, and try to keep it in your head the entire time.

Frankly, the PR stunts should also auto-update the UI once you pass the threshold for a s tar.

Still nothing about fixing the co-op Custom Race Bug. Definitely one of the most annoying bugs in this game

Still nothing about fixing the co-op Custom Race Bug. Definitely one of the most annoying bugs in this game
I honestly feel like we're the only two that know of this bug. It's very frustrating. :grumpy:

Any word on when this update drops? I figure it would be today since this is the last full day of spring on the game.

I honestly feel like we're the only two that know of this bug. It's very frustrating. :grumpy:

Any word on when this update drops? I figure it would be today since this is the last full day of spring on the game.

I remember when you guys first encountered it - did you ever submit a bug report to them about it? I submitted one about a much smaller issue, and got an email back in a few days saying they were looking into it, from RetroKrystal.

I remember when you guys first encountered it - did you ever submit a bug report to them about it? I submitted one about a much smaller issue, and got an email back in a few days saying they were looking into it, from RetroKrystal.
I didn't sadly. I just put up a thread on the official forums.

Update finally seems to be released. Downloading now on PC, 3.08GB

EDIT: So glad I have a real internet connection now rather then relying on a mobile hotspot like I've been doing for the last 2 years. I can Watch YouTube in HD while downloading the update and still get it done in time to try the update tonight.

Last edited:
Back