Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Can I just say that the launch event even further cemented my thoughts on the authenticity of the map? Some of the roads around Goodwood had me genuinely worrying about how we'd fit when facing down oncoming traffic, and the rolling hills were immediately reminiscent of the game itself.

So many people playing it right now :lol:

You know, I think I might just turn it on too. Maybe get a nice countdown going... :D

VXR
It's nice to finally have a game that represents Britain so well. Some of those roads could be ripped out of moorland up and down the island. I thought the Focus sounded a bit breathy and tuneless at the top end, but when I turned the volume up with headphones on, the thing sounds demonic at the red line. Intoxicating.

It's a masterpiece, even on the OG One.
That roadside foliage is so British looking I can almost taste it. Is that weird?

First Horizon game I ever got, no time for “serious” racing these days, plus the demo was fun. Hope the full game is even better. Looks that way from the reviews.

Guess someone messed up the release time set on the Microsoft Store, been sitting here for 30 minutes trying to start the game only to find that the release time was an hour off. GG Microsoft Store!

At long last, I’m finally playing!

I also have this Monday coming up off and 5 days off in a row in October, so I’ll have a lot of time to enjoy the game. This is going to be a blast. :D

So, Turns out there’s over 100 million credits worth of 10 mil cars. :eek:

And I was lucky enough to get one for free on a super wheelspin, The Auto Union Type D. :cool:

In the few hours I’ve played so far, here’s my summary from that, I’m in love. :D

Played from midnight to 6 AM, was starting to fall asleep and missing checkpoints. Now 6h15 coffee, breakfast and without any sleep to work. :P But I worked some extra hours this week so only 6 hours to do today, means early afternoon I'll be back home. :)

These super wheelspins are crazy random! My first 15 rolls (=45 roulettes in total) I literally got 2 normal cars or so, everything else was cash, clothes, emotes or horns, lol! But I got a bit more luck afterwards. Now already got a couple of FE cars on top of the 3 from the VIP:
* Lambo Aventador FE
* Alfa 8C FE
* VW Type 2 FE

A LaFerrari was in there as well which is impressive for a 1,500,000 cost car but I'm not complaining. :D I think the cap in FH3 was a car worth 875,000 credits or so and I even believe it got nerfed later on.

Also got a 2010 Golf R from a super wheelspin, I think that's a wheelspin-only car since it's not in the autoshow buy menus.

Stranded somewhere just before the summer showcase so I'm still in that long tutorial, but I took my time to collect all DLC cars, buy a handful of houses and goof around a bit.

Totally enjoying the game!

Holy ****. I think I might have just conned a free game from Microsoft. Loaded up FH4, and it booted to the main menu. It's too late for me to do anymore preliminary stuff, but I'm in day one baybee. Whether I get the DLC or not, who knows.

By the way did anyone else find the Sunbeam Tiger and the Talbot Sunbeam for free in the autoshow? They were sitting there as free cars along the JB and FD DLC packs. I have no clue for what reason i would be getting those for free, should not be from Forzathon Live since those reward cars (like the trailcat etc) go straight to your garage and you get a popup message for that.

Enjoyed the first intro so far. 👍

Initially my seasons are changing every time I finish a few races, I guess that will stop once you have done all four seasons and revert to Summer only etc for the week. Servers seem to be intermittent for me and car liveries are taking a while :P

For those new to FH4 to claim your Drift pack and Bond Car Pack go to the Auto Show (unlocked after the first 5 or 6 Races) menu >> DLC cars/pack you view each car and press OK to garage etc individually.

So far I have 2 Houses ( inc Extra VIP free 5 mil. house)
2 cars (Car Pass)
3 Free Cars VIP/UE
Bond Pack
Drift Pack
and the 2 cars in the first few races. I also won the Volvo Big truck and the Alfac 8C HE!

200,000 +cr in Wheelspins and got gifted message credits. Plenty to be getting on with!!

Awesome I think you will all enjoy it. :cheers:

On the other Forza Games if you had the VIP pass I thought you get X2 credits on wheel spins? I can't see that here is that the case as I thought I read you still get X2? (or is it races only X2 this time)

Last edited:
R34 GT-R is a Wheelspin only car lol, big mistake.
Car that does not exist in the auto show other than Barn Finds will be unlocked by won the race etc. (* However, it will not be added to the auto show lineup)
It is also available for purchase at Wheelspin or Forzathon shop.

I have not unlocked it yet, but in the video of the YouTuber like AR12, R34 was a reward for Street Racing Tier 3.

Edit: With wheel spin, it seems that we can not get the car we already have (unlike FH3, CR cannot be obtained as well)

Last edited:
When does one get the loyalty rewards?, so far its only been Vip rewards.
I have gotten mine. I got them after quitting and restarting the game. You get a pop-up prompt to inform you what you all got. For rank 11 (with FH3 and FM7) that was 3 cars, a bunch of T-Shirts, I think 10 super wheel spins and probably some other (less interesting) stuff too.

Car that does not exist in the auto show other than Barn Finds will be unlocked by won the race etc. (* However, it will not be added to the auto show lineup)
It is also available for purchase at Wheelspin or Forzathon shop.

I have not unlocked it yet, but in the video of the YouTuber like AR12, R34 was a reward for Street Racing Tier 3.
No Supra though, I haven't seen it anywhere.

Tunnel Sounds are much more amplified now, in the last game the one tunnel they had barely increased sound whatsoever now a high revving car will scream the tunnel out:

Last edited:
No Supra though, I haven't seen it anywhere.

Tunnel Sounds are much more amplified now, in the last game the one tunnel they had barely increased sound whatsoever now a high revving car will scream the tunnel out:

Toyota isn’t in the game.

Ok, the game is simply phenomenal! It's more than a racing game. Actually, it's a great game featuring cars. A console seller I feel sorry for Turn 10 but as soon as I've played Forza Horizon 2, I knew it was only a matter of time for FH to be the most popular racing game. A console seller like was GT1 and GT3.

I have to work today, Saturday & Sunday now :( So i will have to get on it late evenings.

I must say from what I played the lighting and weather especially winter time looks fantastic.

I am looking forward to taking those drift cars out on the lakes later :cheers:

Back