Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I was also surprised when I found it in my list. I thought it was digital only. I'm sure @RandomCarGuy17 and other physical owners will surprised as well. Talk about lucky. :D

Wait. Are we having race? In that case, I'm currently at 56%. :embarrassed:
24% now, surprised it’s going pretty fast might be able to play some of it.

I was also surprised when I found it in my list. I thought it was digital only. I'm sure @RandomCarGuy17 and other physical owners will surprised as well. Talk about lucky.
I just came on here to report that I just started downloading my ultimate edition copy and catch you tagging me about this. You little rascal! :P

Anyway, I'm at 11.7% (as I just checked) for the game itself. Though I still have other things to download separately. The good thing about getting the disc is that they usually install faster for me than just downloading the game online. Granted, with digital; you can pre-download it earlier, but still I just prefer physical. Anyway, I can find myself things to do while it downloads, no big deal. I'm good at distracting myself with random things.

I was also surprised when I found it in my list. I thought it was digital only. I'm sure @RandomCarGuy17 and other physical owners will surprised as well. Talk about lucky. :D

Wait. Are we having race? In that case, I'm currently at 56%. :embarrassed:
Mine is a mystery. I started it at midnight before I went to sleep and set my xbox to auto shut off in 3 hours. The good thing is that my GF is on my xbox during the day watching movies, so anything that isn't finished will be done way before I get home from work :D

@ canada and usa, whats wrong with your internet? Biggest rockets but slowest internet infrastructure. :D Sounds like you download the game on a 56k modem. Is that wrong? Or the government of your country wants to keep you dumb by holding down the speed of information/download ? Or maybe just clap louder, so the hamster in the wheel run faster = better connection!?

I downloaded the entire game in 30 minutes back when I got access to the review copy. That's a lot of hamsters...

IMG_20180928_003902630.jpg

My license plate... :D

Last edited:
@ canada and usa, whats wrong with your internet? Biggest rockets but slowest internet infrastructure. :D Sounds like you download the game on a 56k modem. Is that wrong? Or the government of your country wants to keep you dumb by holding down the speed of information/download ? Or maybe just clap louder, so the hamster in the wheel run faster = better connection!?
Mine likely downloaded relatively fast. I was hitting 100mb on average for the short time I saw it before bed.

I just came on here to report that I just started downloading my ultimate edition copy and catch you tagging me about this. You little rascal! :P
:lol::lol::lol:

Hey, someone's gotta do it. lol :P
Mine is a mystery. I started it at midnight before I went to sleep and set my xbox to auto shut off in 3 hours. The good thing is that my GF is on my xbox during the day watching movies, so anything that isn't finished will be done way before I get home from work :D
Now THAT is lucky haha! Good thing movies also lasts for an hour as well. W00T! :D:tup:
At 40 now, I’m on a regular Xbox One.
So far so good, and on the regular XO as well. Fascinating! 👍 I'm on the One S.

Just a heads up: You will encounter an installation screen once you've completed to the first event where you're driving in all four seasons at the start of the game before getting your first car.

Probably just a design decision to keep your focus elsewhere. By introducing it a little later it means that player focus can be on other things early on, and then they can take in the levelling up system once it's introduced a bit further down the line.

I don't recall it being introduced as the skill bar was suddenly there despite skills chains being logged from the very beginning. Being at level 4 by the time the skill system opened up was rather counterintuitive and left the impression that something is wrong.

You may have a point though. Since skills and influence go hand in hand, it's likely that the developers want players to acquire influence through the various tutorial events early on in the game. This way progression is controlled during the introduction, as you imply with keeping focus elsewhere.

Throwing everything at the player immediately is never a good idea!

I kind of feel this is happening anyway. There's so much stuff thrown at players during the first two hours or so.

I kind of feel this is happening anyway. There's so much stuff thrown at players during the first two hours or so.

Eh, while I admit it's a little overwhelming seeing the map so quickly populate with tons of coloured dots, it's all optional. The Prologue of the game is incredibly linear — the only things that are really forced are the showcases and the weather changes.

I've just got the 18gb "patch" left to go, which will probably take longer than the 43gb install...

I downloaded the entire game in 30 minutes back when I got access to the review copy. That's a lot of hamsters...
Hamster farm :D

I meant the people who always cry about their speed. They can change it if they want, in what case ever, but if they dont want they should just stop to moan about it. :)

Hamster farm :D

I meant the people who always cry about their speed. They can change it if they want, in what case ever, but if they dont want they should just stop to moan about it. :)
Doesn't just work like that, to be honest. Major cities have a lot of access, but once you get more outside of that it becomes a bit harder to just pick and choose.

Eh, while I admit it's a little overwhelming seeing the map so quickly populate with tons of coloured dots, it's all optional. The Prologue of the game is incredibly linear — the only things that are really forced are the showcases and the weather changes.

True, but it's something that needs to be done in order to unlock the essence of the Horizon experience. I don't remember FH3 taking this long to open up, so to speak. No big deal, but I kind of feel like starting over because my first go was late (too tired to play last night) and I became somewhat impatient to open the Autoshow.

Doesn't just work like that, to be honest. Major cities have a lot of access, but once you get more outside of that it becomes a bit harder to just pick and choose.

This is exactly what i mean with "they can change it if they want". If internet speed is important then move. If not, enjoy the live and all things that stop you from move but stop this pitifully whine about how slow ect. :) This is no offense, it just annoys me to read it all the time.
:)

This is exactly what i mean with "they can change it if they want". If internet speed is important then move. If not, enjoy the live and all things that stop you from move but stop this pitifully whine about how slow ect. :) This is no offense, it just annoys me to read it all the time.

"If your internet is slow just move" is not a reasonable response. 👎

Especially in a country like Canada, where thanks to a lot of really boneheaded decisions by the government, it's entirely possible to live in an area where there aren't really any choices, and you're stuck with whatever the sole provider deems you deserve.

That sounds completely ass backwards. No one in their right mind should move just because the internet is slow.

Well, I was cleaning my room for the wait and my game randomly turned on. I guess it's ready for playing. So with that, I'll start. :P

EDIT: Nope, it just stays on a loading screen when I press start.

Last edited:
It sound hard, but there is always a choice. Dont get it to literally what im writing, think big then you will understand. I also understand custom life circumstances. I know it by my own. Thats not important, if you realy want something!
Lets stop this conversation here. At the people who still loading... hope you get finish soon, then lets race together ;)

Got the message that my physical edition is at my house waiting for me!!! Now I just gotta get through the next 7 hours or so before I can go home, put the kids to bed and start it up!! I won't really get to dig in until tomorrow night (gotta get up early for a busy day tomorrow) but man the rest of the weekend will be EPIC!! I can't wait!!!!
:D:cheers:

Been playing all day, so much fun, so much to do.

I spent around 45 minutes looking for that barn find on top of the mountain though!

It sound hard, but there is always a choice.
Yeah, I also have a choice to not pay my rent, but that leaves me homeless. It's completely unreasonable to put it that way, and in no way functions in the real world like that.
Dont get it to literally what im writing, think big then you will understand.
What other way do we take "stop complaining! Move out of your house (and spend a ridiculous unreasonable amount of money to do so) for faster internet." There's really no other way to take that.

I don't know your living/financial situation, but up and moving on a whim, for something as meaningless as that, is not as easy as you're portraying it. Hell, I'm trying to move just to upgrade my living situation and that's proving to damn near impossible at the current time due to both the ridiculous amount that people want upfront, as well as actually being able to find anything.

Back