Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
This R34 looks like a misconfiguration as well as when there is a glitch that was previously available for purchase by Capri FE.
In a word, let's buy in a hurry!
Yes... as soon as I read it went straight to the game and bought four of them... and now I wonder why, since apparently the original one was labeled new and never used to begin with. Oh well, I have 5 of them "collecting dust" in the garage. :dunce:

Yes... as soon as I read it went straight to the game and bought four of them... and now I wonder why, since apparently the original one was labeled new and never used to begin with. Oh well, I have 5 of them "collecting dust" in the garage. :dunce:
That's exactly why I didn't buy any. I've got one already and they're not going to sell at auction for big money, so why bother?

Okay, I really have to clear out the clutter in my garage. I have a lot of duplicates.
Early on in the game, when I realized the game was going to give me a lot of duplicate cars, I made sure to get into each unique car so I would know it's not new any more. Then I can easily see any new duplicate in my garage, which makes it easier to know which dupes to auction.

That is an LOD switch. At a certain speed the wheel swaps from the higher detail model to a flat model with a pre-motion-blured texture of the wheel.

I didn't realize how difficult it is to make wheels spin correctly. With all the latest technologies today, you would think they can make a simple wheel spin correctly at a certain speed.

GT Sport got the wheels spins correct but it's not perfect. Their wheels don't do the weird moving in and out at certain speed. But their wheels do have a fuzziness to them while spinning. The wheels seem to get pixilated or distorted while spinning. Being a perfectionist at spinning wheels is a tough business. :lol:

Another question about painting a car. Some cars have left and right side mirrors that cannot be painted, is there a way to paint them or override? I was not able to paint them the same color as the rest of the car.

Fun discovery: You can get the F50GT's V12 in the Cooper Shelby Monaco. Fully upgraded, the engine makes somewhere around 1160hp. You can get the car's weight down to right around 1160lbs too with all the upgrades. It's like a very primitive and absolutely uncontrollable Koenigsegg One:1 :lol:

Fun discovery: You can get the F50GT's V12 in the Cooper Shelby Monaco. Fully upgraded, the engine makes somewhere around 1160hp. You can get the car's weight down to right around 1160lbs too with all the upgrades. It's like a very primitive and absolutely uncontrollable Koenigsegg One:1 :lol:

You can with the right mods keep it in S1, have more than 750hp, still have decent grip from rally tyres and have it weigh just under 1000lbs. :eek:

Not only that, it’s one of the more overpowered all rounders of recent as DJS shows here.

I can't decide if the new festival playlist rewards being so tame is a good or bad thing. On the one hand, the weeks before they reduced the 100% requirement were quite fun but I think that was largely because I was on the winning team every time in the trial and playground games, but on the other I did feel like it was completely monopolising my time. Then the 80% reduction was good because I could do it all in a night and forget about it, but at the same time it meant I just didn't play the game at all after that night.

Now, I've had multiple copies of both the series rewards and apart from Spring I've also already got all the 80% rewards. I know why they did it, I just think they're struggling to keep long-term players with regular free time like me engaged without alienating those who haven't played for as long and/or can't play more than a couple of hours a week. I don't really think there's a solution, either.

Might have to leave the F40 challenge this week as I don't have the car and its 3 million credits and I have only 7 million.

I know ii can afford it but I cant justify spending that amount on a car and possible upgrades only to do those challenges with it.

Might have to leave the F40 challenge this week as I don't have the car and its 3 million credits and I have only 7 million.

I know ii can afford it but I cant justify spending that amount on a car and possible upgrades only to do those challenges with it.
Guess I can spare 3 million of my 32 million that I have.

I already finished the F40 Competizione challenges. Yes, another car I love using a lot; this was very fun for me. I love driving my F40 Competizione, the only part that really gave me trouble was the speed trap. I had to mess around the gear settings (even after fully upgrading it) in order to build up enough speed to get 3 stars.

I did the two road championships on the count of practicing some more. I managed to beat all 3 races in the Mercedes Cup in one go without rewind using my CLK GTR. So, I do see progress of me actually learning the tracks.

EDIT: I have to say I am happy to see the Monaco King Cobra and 1971 'Cuda in FH4. I equipped DJS' grip tune and had a blast in my King cobra.

Guess I can spare 3 million of my 32 million that I have.

#FirstWorldProblems :D

I already finished the F40 Competizione challenges. Yes, another car I love using a lot; this was very fun for me. I love driving my F40 Competizione, the only part that really gave me trouble was the speed trap. I had to mess around the gear settings (even after fully upgrading it) in order to build up enough speed to get 3 stars.

I did the two road championships on the count of practicing some more. I managed to beat all 3 races in the Mercedes Cup in one go without rewind using my CLK GTR. So, I do see progress of me actually learning the tracks.

EDIT: I have to say I am happy to see the Monaco King Cobra and 1971 'Cuda in FH4. I equipped DJS' grip tune and had a blast in my King cobra.

Are you reffering to the seasonal speed trap? The problem for me was the constantly spawning drivatars and traffic. I would come at 320+ Km/h, around a kink, and find a wall of cars blocking the road. Suffice to say, many drivatars went from going forwards at 120 to going backwards at 250, into a field.

I had a thought earlier, what is the best city in the Horizon series?

Carson from FH is a distant 4th, but the top 3 is almost too close to call imo. Nice is quite a classic city, but absolutely lovely with the beachfront and dock. Surfers Paradise harks back to classic NFS underground days, with the modern skyscrapers and bright lights, but is quite spread out and open in some areas. Edinburgh is sort of the opposite to the previous in many ways, while it is very much a historic style city like Nice, it is much more rough and raw. There’s a real grimy like feeling to it (In a good way), especially around the train station area. The roughness of it is a complete opposite to the more luxurious style of Surfers and Nice, and it is also unlike them due to the close quarters nature of it. Edinburgh is very tight and narrow, and although it’s not really that big in game, in some areas, it really feels like you’re in the heart of a properly large city, while Surfers and Nice feel much more spaced out.

After all that I still couldn’t really decide the one I like the most, lol.

Weren't they supposed to fix the Trials? It's supposed to be best of 3 isn't it? I still had to do the last race in the championship.

Carson from FH is a distant 4th, but the top 3 is almost too close to call imo. Nice is quite a classic city, but absolutely lovely with the beachfront and dock. Surfers Paradise harks back to classic NFS underground days, with the modern skyscrapers and bright lights, but is quite spread out and open in some areas. Edinburgh is sort of the opposite to the previous in many ways, while it is very much a historic style city like Nice, it is much more rough and raw. There’s a real grimy like feeling to it (In a good way), especially around the train station area. The roughness of it is a complete opposite to the more luxurious style of Surfers and Nice, and it is also unlike them due to the close quarters nature of it. Edinburgh is very tight and narrow, and although it’s not really that big in game, in some areas, it really feels like you’re in the heart of a properly large city, while Surfers and Nice feel much more spaced out.

Nice>Edinburgh>Hot Wheels expansion city>Surfer's Paradise (I never played FH1)

I see. I haven't gotten into that challenge yet. I'm trying to build up enough credits for all the cars that I want and only after will I see if there's enough for the F40.
Okay then. I mainly have already done the challanges since the F40 Competizione was one of the cars I bought shortly after the game came out.

Byron if it counts, it's the closest in size and nothing beats the vibe of a regional Coastal Town in Eastern Australia imo.

Surfers Paradise is a fairly standard coastal city, so by definition it's pretty meh. Not many interesting routes nor architecture. Surfers is the coastal road, a busy downtown and the countryside in the back of the city, like 99% of coastal cities everywhere.

Nice is the best. Edinburgh is a not too close second place, but it sets itself apart from the others due to being chaotic, which leads to interesting routes.

I wish the seasonal PR stunt challenges were a little more specific and varied. It's always a matter of doing slightly better than 3 stars. Why not set the seasonal target lower sometimes and add in other conditions like class and division? The existing system is boring because it mostly encourages taking out the go-to cars every week.

Edinburgh is by far the best for me, although I'm not sold on the FH4 map in general.

Last edited:
All these talk about cities just made me feel nostalgic for FH2. I used to put on Timeless FM and just cruise around the coastal road with whatever car I fancied - usually 288 GTO, because Outrun.

I liked Castelletto in FH2 and Surfer's Paradise in FH3 for its picturesque aesthetic, but I love Edinburgh because it feels really grounded; as in, I can actually picture someone living in it. It's also feels great to just drive through.

Not sure how I feel about Carson.

I think every city in the current-gen Horizon games is superb. If I had to pick which game I thought did built-up areas the best, I would have to go with Forza Horizon 2. It could be nostalgia kicking in, but Castelletto and Nice are the sort of areas I think would be the ideal location if a Horizon Festival was to happen in real life.

Edinburgh is a very close second. I wouldn't class it as the prettiest location, but it feels the most authentic thanks to scaffolding, road works and narrow passages. Surfer's Paradise has its appeal too; at night, the lights on skyscrapers create an atmosphere akin to an Underground street racing game as mentioned above.

I actually liked the towns in FH1. Beaumont in particular in the northeast corner seemed like a nice little town. The entire coastline of FH2 is amazing. Not just Nice and Castelletto. Manarelo and Riomaggiore are also beautiful. The only downside is the lack of any beach access. I like the ambiance of Byron Bay in FH3. It's a town I'd love to live in. Edinburgh in FH4 is the most impressive city by far. The combination of size and detail blows me away. Ambleside is a beautiful little village. Broadway is a bit dull by comparison. The odd thing about the FH4 map is the complete lack of towns in the interior of the map. All the towns are ringed around the outside.

A question.

2016 W Motors Lycan Hypersport is a car that could have been won at some seasonal event in the past? Because I have just purchased one at the auction house, the only thing I know is that is a car prize for the arrival of 80% completion of the winter playlist that is about to arrive in 2 weeks.

A question.

2016 W Motors Lycan Hypersport is a car that could have been won at some seasonal event in the past? Because I have just purchased one at the auction house, the only thing I know is that is a car prize for the arrival of 80% completion of the winter playlist that is about to arrive in 2 weeks.
No it's can be bought from the Autoshow when the game came out.

Latest Posts

Back