Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Every since I got the Atomic Punk bubbletop almost a week ago, I've had this idea for a photo that would require the moon being out. Just one cloudless night in-game, and I can get that photo. So for the past week, when the sun goes down, I travel to Astmoor where I want to take the photo, and wait for the moon to come out. And every single time, the weather has been overcast. Every. Single. Time. The game almost seems to be toying with me. The sky will be completely clear during the day, then the clouds come out as the sun goes down, and then when the sun comes up, the sky is clear again. Is there no such thing as a cloudless night in England?

Every since I got the Atomic Punk bubbletop almost a week ago, I've had this idea for a photo that would require the moon being out. Just one cloudless night in-game, and I can get that photo. So for the past week, when the sun goes down, I travel to Astmoor where I want to take the photo, and wait for the moon to come out. And every single time, the weather has been overcast. Every. Single. Time. The game almost seems to be toying with me. The sky will be completely clear during the day, then the clouds come out as the sun goes down, and then when the sun comes up, the sky is clear again. Is there no such thing as a cloudless night in England?
Make a custom Route blueprint that goes by where you want to do the shoot and set the time and weather to a clear night.

The moon in FH4's summer is new moon. You'll only get a full moon during winter.

I don't know what to do with an extra Twin Mill. I kind of want to keep it and make replica HW liveries for it. I like to keep the 50th Anniversary one the way it is.

It was also funny that RetroKrystal called her parents to do the Daily Forzathons for her :lol:. I know my parents wouldn't do that for me (although my dad introduced me to racing games (More specifically GT3 A-Spec), but still...).

The AMG GT63 4 door is such an ugly car. Pretty fast, though. I noticed, just like the Veloster N, it doesn't have a race suspension upgrade...

Just in case someone missed the stream yesterday and was curious about some other stats. 6 months of forza in UK.
2ps3pdx.jpg

New update for the Next Level V3 Motion Platform introduced support for FH4 today. Looking forward to seeing what motion adds to the experience.

816k castles is actually less than I thought it would be at this point. I guess they matter so little to the gameplay that people would rather complete their car collections first.

816k castles is actually less than I thought it would be at this point. I guess they matter so little to the gameplay that people would rather complete their car collections first.
I think horizon players in general don't care about properties at all. If we only take the Forza Horizon 4 Hits 7 Million Total Players article, than we can assume that more than 50% of them didn't bought a single house. On the other hand people spend more than 8 trillion credits for the castles alone, which is way more than the credits spent on all the houses combined. Of course that is just my theory. We don't know for sure how many credits were used, nor we don't know how many players bought more than one house.

I found a guy driving around in Horizon Life with a 599XX Evo early....kinda sketchy, huh? :confused:

Messaged him to ask him about it and he never replied. Maybe he's got haxxx

I found a guy driving around in Horizon Life with a 599XX Evo early....kinda sketchy, huh? :confused:

I've seen someone in a Plymouth Fury already.

If going offline and changing the system clock still works then he may have done that to complete the seasonal Championships. Plus the 18% per season from Ranked and one could easily get 50% across all seasons already.

They knew this would happen when having exclusive cars available through offline events, which is why they wanted to force us into online... But they did it wrong. Restricting cars to random PvP is just not a good move. :(

The problem is this stupid Play Anywhere, the longer this goes on, the more I hate it. On Windows you can cheat the clock in pretty much any game that can read the PC's real time, and the Xbox One's system is based on Windows, one of the reasons being to make it easier to port the game between platforms (the code is really the same these days with PC having extra stuff due to different configs).

As of late, Microsoft has refused to let players block crossplay. Sea of Thieves has a dedicated community that continues to struggle against PC hackers and FH4 is no different. The PC as competitive environment is an absolutely stupid concept due to how open it is, but Microsoft is interested in making people play on the PC since they own the dominant OS (Windows). Thus, console owners get the short end of the stick when it comes to crossplay's issues.

If there was a paywall in Xbox Live on the PC, not as many hackers would exist, but PC gamers would cry against the price and demand free online without realizing this is one of the big reasons why hacks are so prevalent on the PC aside from it being such an easily exploitable platform.

I think horizon players in general don't care about properties at all. If we only take the Forza Horizon 4 Hits 7 Million Total Players article, than we can assume that more than 50% of them didn't bought a single house. On the other hand people spend more than 8 trillion credits for the castles alone, which is way more than the credits spent on all the houses combined. Of course that is just my theory. We don't know for sure how many credits were used, nor we don't know how many players bought more than one house.

Properties are useless. :( All they do is unlock things we could access in past FH games from the start (skill songs for example). We wanted garages, different backgrounds, etc., not a single cutscene and an environment whose lighting isn't even customizable.

I would like to see further proof than just a claim like a clip or something. If what he saw seemed new, I don't know why you wouldn't use the dvr function to record it.

I would like to see further proof than just a claim like a clip or something. If what he saw seemed new, I don't know why you wouldn't use the dvr function to record it.
If it is true, it sounds like it came and went so quickly there was no time to start recording it. I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But I am reminded of a few years ago when we were all still playing FH2, someone posted an image of a car from a long overhead shot driving through a forest and claimed it was from FH3 and it was going to be set in Australia. We all scoffed at it. The art was fake, but the location was correct.

If it is true, it sounds like it came and went so quickly there was no time to start recording it.
That's the problem though, the Xbox DVR allows you to record up to the last couple minutes of gameplay. So even if it went by too fast for him to record, he could've immediately use the DVR to record it anyway. I've used the DVR's backwards function multiple times myself to record moments that I didn't see coming.

I am just going to label this as fake in my mind. Turn 10 and PG have been pretty good about not leaking stuff early. Last time an early concrete leak happened was the Nascar expansion for FM6 if I remember correctly

I don't believe too much, but the fact that he saw the video may be true.
He has posted that his video looks like Blur.
Maybe the Forza Street trailer was displayed due to a defect on the store page.
The atmosphere on Forza Street is similar to Blur. (Forza Street / Blur, both games have a vivid light effect)

I am just going to label this as fake in my mind. Turn 10 and PG have been pretty good about not leaking stuff early. Last time an early concrete leak happened was the Nascar expansion for FM6 if I remember correctly
The Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 actually leaked a few hours before it was made official

And let me tell ya, trying to watch that trailer in class without screaming with joy was a challenge and a half.

The Hot Wheels expansion for FH3 actually leaked a few hours before it was made official

And let me tell ya, trying to watch that trailer in class without screaming with joy was a challenge and a half.

It was probably the most hyped I have ever been for a add on ever. I must have missed that leak though

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...ansions-1-and-2-and-FH4-Expansion-Bundle.aspx

Rumor: A player has appeared claiming to have seen the Expansion 2 trailer at the marketplace.
It seems that it was a very short movie, but his testimony does not look like Hot Wheels expansion 2.

Building out what basically sounds like a kart racer onto the existing game's engine and mechanics, is highly dubious as an expansion. Adding that kind of destruction physics into the game alone, would be a massive undertaking (in a game where they determined that changing the brake caliper colours would be too onerous because of how the cars are modeled).

I call baloney.

Last edited:
Back