Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Oh my god, the 1996 Impala can have police lights (and yes they flash, I just have them off for the photo)! :D
eb95a5f8-235a-4d62-baf0-9a57e846d445.PNG

Erm, how did you get it already? And screw Horizon and their unicorn Crown Vic. I'll take a Chevy any day of the week, thank you!

Erm, how did you get it already? And screw Horizon and their unicorn Crown Vic. I'll take a Chevy any day of the week, thank you!
Did the ever-so-infamous 'Date & Time' trick. Was able to complete most of the Autumn playlist, then went back Online and set a valid time on the Monthly Rivals event. 👍

I feel special I got the Crown Vic in the first week I had the game, but I feel silly I haven't used it.

For most duplicates, I've been putting them for auction at the minimum. If no one buys then I'll remove it. For the weekly prize cars I already had, I've auctioned them off later. I'll probably do that next week with the extra Ferrari I now have. I didn't win last week's '04 WRX, however, but got one at the auction earlier today. Odd, as many times as I've seen real life WRX drivers do obnoxious stuff I still like the cars.

And I spent a stupid amount of game credits upgrading the Hoonigan Porsche for the Roman Mile speed trap. (I felt less guilty ridiculously modifying an already ridiculously modified car). Finally got it. But I choose the Lotus to drive around for 15 miles. So I've got everything this week except for the two co-ops.

Everytime I look at the Subaru car list I realize the SVX, Brat, and 360 were cut from this game. All 3 just seem like they'd be perfect for Horizon. The Brat especially as it would fill a void in Vans & Utility

It sucks that the SVX wasn't included, it was my favourite cruising car. Hope to see it in a future update, since the next Horizon won't be coming that soon.

I enjoyed the Lego expansion but I feel they went rather conservative on it. That may be due to time constraints, game engine limitations, licensing issues, or a mixture of all three, but there's no building and that's kind of the big point to Lego's. You don't get a Minifigure to dress up, you can't build your house however you like - you can't even choose where to place the upgrades you "build" from the bricks you "collect" - and you can't modify your car or create your own.

I doubt this is due to licencing issues, but it's definitely time and engine constraints.

Adding in a LEGO building mechanic that actually let you build and place stuff on the map, would be a massive new system, and probably require a significant amount of work on the game's basic underlying tech. Even stuff like the pre-baked lighting would be a nightmare, when dealing with a potentially infinite number of player creations.

I definitely would have appreciated a more comprehensive implementation of "LEGO" as a concept with the expansion, but once the rational side of my brain caught up with my imagination, I kinda realized that's probably too much to expect from a $15 expansion. So instead I look at it as a Forza expansion with a unique coat of paint and tone, and on that level, I think it was a good expansion.

The major issue will be the same as Fortune Island, which is that they don't have multiplayer hoppers for their expansion areas. It's absurd. You put in that awesome proper track, and then don't provide a way for people to group up and race on it? Come on.

I kinda realized that's probably too much to expect from a $15 expansion. So instead I look at it as a Forza expansion with a unique coat of paint and tone, and on that level, I think it was a good expansion.
This is the mindset I use going into each expansion and it has never failed me yet. With each one I don't expect it to be an entirely new game, for instance I didn't think of it as "a Lego game" but rather "Forza does Lego"

I don't mind people doing this so much, I'll get it once the time is here, but I do wonder why PG doesn't implement a simple server time check/validation rather than just going off the system clock.
That would prevent the game to be fully playable offline.
Also, that would mean that every active player have to query a time-check to game servers at the season switch time, all at once.

Oh my god, the 1996 Impala can have police lights (and yes they flash, I just have them off for the photo)! :D
eb95a5f8-235a-4d62-baf0-9a57e846d445.PNG
It's not that i really care but i didn't find that in the customization menu o_O
upload_2019-7-11_19-35-21.png

That would prevent the game to be fully playable offline.
Also, that would mean that every active player have to query a time-check to game servers at the season switch time, all at once.

The game is already not fully playable offline, with multiplayer portions included in the playlist. Anyways, if you're partaking in regular newly added content then you *should* have an internet connection.

I understand you may not always have an internet connection available, but it's kind of a result of the quasi game as a service approach taken in Horizon 4. It's like PG ended up halfway between a more traditional game and an online service, potentially foreshadowing the direction for Horizon 5 or Horizon Life or whatever they call it.

I laughed very much at the McLaren season championship.
I had a lead of at least 5 seconds against the drivaters, but with a long straight ahead of the goal, the 2nd place drivater performed anomalous acceleration like using rocket engine and was immediately behind me.
Many players already know that FH4 AI is doing rubber banding, and I won the race, so I'm not angry at this drivater's cheating.
However, cheating should be done a bit less noticeable.:lol:

I laughed very much at the McLaren season championship.
I had a lead of at least 5 seconds against the drivaters, but with a long straight ahead of the goal, the 2nd place drivater performed anomalous acceleration like using rocket engine and was immediately behind me.
Many players already know that FH4 AI is doing rubber banding, and I won the race, so I'm not angry at this drivater's cheating.
However, cheating should be done a bit less noticeable.:lol:

The rubber banding is immense only when you escape their view on the minimap, so on small circuits where they never really do it's funny watching unbeatable AI lap up to 10s a lap slower :lol:. My main complaint (besides having to do the trial events for cars..) is the drivatars, although they are much worse in FM7

Edit: so after returning to FH after a while, I must say I really dislike this whole new season thing. I guess if it continues as is with previous 80% vehicles becoming simple championship cars I’ll be happy.

Last edited:
What's the consensus regarding the missing police modifications on the Impala? :boggled:

I do intend to keep mine completely stock, but I was surprised to find nothing like that. The Series 11 stream hyped it up for those who are into cop car modifications.

Back