Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
What's the consensus regarding the missing police modifications on the Impala? :boggled:

I do intend to keep mine completely stock, but I was surprised to find nothing like that. The Series 11 stream hyped it up for those who are into cop car modifications.
It should be in the side-skirt option. At least it was there for me anyway. If anyone thinks that I doctored the images I posted above, I can definitely tell you that I had police lights available in the side skirts. If anyone needs further proof, I can record a video on Horizon 4.

Man i can’t stop driving the Impala, the long gears make it slow but in return you get a good sound build up. I love doing second gear pulls.

It should be in the side-skirt option. At least it was there for me anyway. If anyone thinks that I doctored the images I posted above, I can definitely tell you that I had police lights available in the side skirts. If anyone needs further proof, I can record a video on Horizon 4.

Ok, I’ll give it another look later. 👍

All cars that have unique mods like that all have it under sideskirts, If I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure even back as far as FM7.

As for rubberbanding, I can't say I've ever encountered it on the game. I've never seen them magically speed up when I've been far ahead. In fact they usually just get farther back. I get the occasional extremely quick drivatar that can end up keeping pace with me, but never have had it slow down and speed up at an unreasonable pace, but more so keep a constant pace the whole race.

What does happen when they are a good distance from you is that they phase through destructible objects, giving them a bit of a speed advantage over you.

Last edited:
What's the consensus regarding the missing police modifications on the Impala? :boggled:

I do intend to keep mine completely stock, but I was surprised to find nothing like that. The Series 11 stream hyped it up for those who are into cop car modifications.

Well, it's an Impala, so I don't think it would be missing any police mods even if the light bar wasn't available.

And with that being said, would it be too much to ask for a 9C1 Caprice to go with the P71 Crown Vic?

Well, it's an Impala, so I don't think it would be missing any police mods even if the light bar wasn't available.

I still expected more to be honest. There is no reinforced bumper option and the light bar looks like something you would find on a Vauxhall Astra patrolling the streets of Leeds. The 1996 Impala needs one of those fat light bars with rotating bulbs, not the boring LED cluster.

I still expected more to be honest. There is no reinforced bumper option and the light bar looks like something you would find on a Vauxhall Astra patrolling the streets of Leeds. The 1996 Impala needs one of those fat light bars with rotating bulbs, not the boring LED cluster.

I agree with you about needing more options, but I think the lights look more convincing than the Crown Vic's cup lights from, what, the 60's?

The Mercedes Racing Truck sure is a big boi to turn on the Street Races...

Also, it says to get 3 Stars In Total from Speed Traps. I did 3 Traps with 1 Star each, but it didn't count. Does it have to be 3 Stars from one Trap?

Last edited:

Also, it says to get 3 Stars In Total from Speed Traps. I did 3 Traps with 1 Star each, but it didn't count. Does it have to be 3 Stars from one Trap?

Yes, it does. I had the same problem, then noticed I was at 0/1 rather than "3," so I figured it needed to three star one speed trap. I used the Astmore trap (below Mudkicker's Park) as the three star requirement isn't too high.

I downloaded a speed tune and did the 140 mph long straight speed trap and got 3 stars.

You can swap in the Iron Knight's engine and easily get 170-180mph or more, the problem is trying to steer through the corners with all the understeer in the world.

Here are some of the other FH2 Car Pack and Expansion Pack photos that I recreated in Forza Horizon 4. More will be shown soon.

JZ1YqKz.jpg

ojcLgio.jpg

TKTV3rS.jpg

tgCEfcO.jpg

3uQHOtq.jpg

3 Stars from 1 Trap and for best results you swap in the Volvo engine and AWD.

Both expansions have a very easy Speed Trap you can use but you should be able to do it on the main map as well.

As for understeer this truck's biggest issue is how the diff is fully locked as standard which makes the vehicle push way too much in the corners.

3 Stars from 1 Trap and for best results you swap in the Volvo engine and AWD.

Both expansions have a very easy Speed Trap you can use but you should be able to do it on the main map as well.

As for understeer this truck's biggest issue is how the diff is fully locked as standard which makes the vehicle push way too much in the corners.
I got it. It also might be super understeery because I made it AWD...

At least the Trading Paints were easy :). Now I got the Impala and 12C, all is left is to get 3% more for the Series and the Bugatti 35C is mine.

A B700 Unimog might be the most OP vehicle I've ever used in a Trial. It has an insane amount of grip on the dirt sections compared to the Racing Truck and once you're done blocking the Drivatars to allow your team mates to pass, you can yeet your way back to first place again. :P
20190713_174754.jpg

Yeah this is a Mercedes month disguised as Top Gear. Two of the three TG cars are made by Mercedes and I think at least two of the four weekly Forzathons have to do with Mercedes, along with this week's Trial being a Mercedes whitewash.

Not complaining since it's a good brand at least. What I dislike is obviously how the X-Class is a leaderboard car that's locked behind exclusive events. Nasty from Playground... As if they were completely unaware the Bone Shaker, another exclusive car, was OP in the first place. Or that the Rimac is extremely useful for clearing Speed Traps...

On par with the pay-to-win DLC we got, this level of nastiness (FD Pack and Agera RS).

Yeah this is a Mercedes month disguised as Top Gear. Two of the three TG cars are made by Mercedes and I think at least two of the four weekly Forzathons have to do with Mercedes, along with this week's Trial being a Mercedes whitewash.

Not complaining since it's a good brand at least. What I dislike is obviously how the X-Class is a leaderboard car that's locked behind exclusive events. Nasty from Playground... As if they were completely unaware the Bone Shaker, another exclusive car, was OP in the first place. Or that the Rimac is extremely useful for clearing Speed Traps...

On par with the pay-to-win DLC we got, this level of nastiness (FD Pack and Agera RS).

So nasty.

Ugh, I’m having a weird issue with this game since “finishing” the main campaign and moving to Horizon Life. Playing on PC and the game just stutters endlessly - near unplayable regardless of the settings. Anyone else encountered similar? Only seems to be this game I have a problem with, the GPU percentage and FPS readings look absolutely fine too.

Ugh, I’m having a weird issue with this game since “finishing” the main campaign and moving to Horizon Life. Playing on PC and the game just stutters endlessly - near unplayable regardless of the settings. Anyone else encountered similar? Only seems to be this game I have a problem with, the GPU percentage and FPS readings look absolutely fine too.
It's the server traffic with Playlists sometimes.

And with that being said, would it be too much to ask for a 9C1 Caprice to go with the P71 Crown Vic?

Honestly, the 9C1 Caprice and Impala SS are basically the same car, the Impala is just a high performance version, but it is based on the same platform.

Back