Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Yeah this is a Mercedes month disguised as Top Gear. Two of the three TG cars are made by Mercedes and I think at least two of the four weekly Forzathons have to do with Mercedes, along with this week's Trial being a Mercedes whitewash.

Not complaining since it's a good brand at least. What I dislike is obviously how the X-Class is a leaderboard car that's locked behind exclusive events. Nasty from Playground... As if they were completely unaware the Bone Shaker, another exclusive car, was OP in the first place. Or that the Rimac is extremely useful for clearing Speed Traps...

On par with the pay-to-win DLC we got, this level of nastiness (FD Pack and Agera RS).
Is there some kind of unwritten law that DLC cars have to be worse than every vanilla car in the game? If that's implied, than that's a bit ridiculous.

What have people been using to beat this weeks Danger Sign PR Stunt? Nothing that I’ve tried has come within 30 metres of the target...
X999 Regera RS with rally suspension and rally tires. I start on the beach north of the castle, jump the sand hill onto the castle so I've got a good amount of speed already and then race to the jump.

Is there some kind of unwritten law that DLC cars have to be worse than every vanilla car in the game? If that's implied, than that's a bit ridiculous.

Seriously... You guys are making Techlet sound like the voice of reason.

They don't have to be worse obviously but Playground is exploiting them in every way they can. It creates demand for these cars (DLC like FD has outlived its purpose now and I'm not just speaking of the DLC when I mention "exploits"), which keeps the engagement of whatever is left of the online community in the game.

It's definitely not a coincidence that the Bone Shaker and the X-Class reign supreme in some of the game's most popular metas...

And it all comes down to the following. If you think nothing of it, well, you're on the team that supports every little practice on the devs' part to squeeze playtime from the game. In a title that doesn't really need it, after all, FH4 is supposed to have 10 million players, right? I thought it was FM7 which was forced to resort to such things because it didn't sell well.

Last edited:
That sounds like a pretty dumb thing to say considering...
They don't have to be worse obviously but Playground is exploiting them in every way they can.
... you're agreeing in the very next sentence. How are they exploiting it in every way possible, making it pay-to-win? I really don't understand at all. Why is it a problem that a DLC pack has a car that can be just as good as others in the game?

It creates demand for these cars (DLC like FD has outlived its purpose now and I'm not just speaking of the DLC when I mention "exploits"), which keeps the engagement of whatever is left of the online community in the game.
And what does that have to do with the question that was asked of you? Also, you keep mentioning the FD pack, but why? What reasons are you specifying this exact pack? What is being exploited?

It's definitely not a coincidence that the Bone Shaker and the X-Class reign supreme in some of the game's most popular metas...
I'm really understanding less and less the more I read. So the game is pay-to-win because of two cars that you can't even pay for?

And it all comes down to the following. If you think nothing of it, well, you're on the team that supports every little practice on the devs' part to squeeze playtime from the game.
And it comes down to what? You literally didn't expand on anything.

If I think nothing of what? That it's not a problem that sometimes a DLC car can be a good one? Yeah I have no problem with that because I have no idea how you're going to imply that all DLC have to be worse than the cars already in the game. What kind of DLC would that be? Yeah, I don't know how some can be upset that the devs are trying to get people to play their game, how crazy of them right? It's funny that you're using these examples as a way to describe your opinion of it being Pay-To-Win.

In a title that doesn't really need it, after all, FH4 is supposed to have 10 million players, right? I thought it was FM7 which was forced to resort to such things because it didn't sell well.
No idea what this means. Doesn't really need what? Forced to resort to what?

Yes, the voice of reason of a dude who made an account after the FH4 reveal and who never made a post about what he actually liked about the game, only to bag on it and act condescending to those that pointed out the fact that he was just bagging on the game for no reason other then to get a rise out of people.

They don't have to be worse obviously but Playground is exploiting them in every way they can. It creates demand for these cars (DLC like FD has outlived its purpose now and I'm not just speaking of the DLC when I mention "exploits"), which keeps the engagement of whatever is left of the online community in the game.

And? How do you know this?

It could also be a coincidence that the stats shook out that way.

And it all comes down to the following. If you think nothing of it, well, you're on the team that supports every little practice on the devs' part to squeeze playtime from the game.

Alright Alex Jones, thanks for calling me out, a dude that has only recently picked up the game again (And promptly dropped it again for other titles) and who has criticized Playground when needed.

So what was the point of all this again? To have you pull out the tinfoil hat and say that Playground is apart of the Illuminati or something like that?

The pay to win argument would hold weight if game goals (PR stunts, races, etc...) couldn't be completed with any of the cars from the vanilla game, but alas, they're all achieveable.

Like the Porsche 914 was the only borderline impossible one to get, and it has been available since so I don't see the issue. I am glad for the post release content, I probably would be bored of the game by now if not for it.

And it all comes down to the following. If you think nothing of it, well, you're on the team that supports every little practice on the devs' part to squeeze playtime from the game. In a title that doesn't really need it, after all, FH4 is supposed to have 10 million players, right? I thought it was FM7 which was forced to resort to such things because it didn't sell well.

Is this what it feels like when you go insane? Am I really reading someone complaining about the "nasty" ways Playground... give people free new cars, for continuous engagement with the game?

Playground just can't wait to exploit their free new cars, in order to harvest that sweet, sweet... playtime...?... from their players.

Christ man, if you just wish Playground would put all new cars into the game with no conditions upon which to earn them, then just say that - it's a perfectly sane, reasonable point of disagreement. But all of this stuff about how "nasty" it is that they make you do stuff in the game to earn them, is complete madness. I almost can't believe I'm reading it.

I feel more accomplished with the rare cars I have earned from various events than I do about the ones that were just given out for free. Not to say I do not appreciate free post release content, I absolutely do and some of my favorites have been free post release.

There is nothing nasty about it, quite the opposite actually. There is no pay-to-win and those people that paid for the additional paid DLC, received it without having to do anything.

Christ man, if you just wish Playground would put all new cars into the game with no conditions upon which to earn them, then just say that - it's a perfectly sane, reasonable point of disagreement. But all of this stuff about how "nasty" it is that they make you do stuff in the game to earn them, is complete madness. I almost can't believe I'm reading it.

The ultimate irony of this is that if that was done, then chances are people would (rightfully, though certainly in the context that HyperSpeeder is referring to, would be hypocritical) complain about how this game would be throwing rewards and cars at you for doing nothing even more then they are now.

The ultimate irony of this is that if that was done, then chances are people would (rightfully, though certainly in the context that HyperSpeeder is referring to, would be hypocritical) complain about how this game would be throwing rewards and cars at you for doing nothing even more then they are now.

That's basically one of the major complaints about the wheelspins, right? That the game just throws random free cars at you left and right?

I just don't understand how backwards you have to be to view it as NASTY, on Playground's part, to give you free new stuff in exchange for completing some fairly simple challenges every week. Even if you found the game tedious and terrible to play... nasty?!

That's basically one of the major complaints about the wheelspins, right? That the game just throws random free cars at you left and right?

More or less, and that there's no real sense of progression, where everything is handed to you at some point, and in bushels too. Which, I wholly agree with.

More or less, and that there's no real sense of progression, where everything is handed to you at some point, and in bushels too. Which, I wholly agree with.

This game at least had unlockable cars through progression this time around, unlike the last two, but ya I get this argument.

It was easy with a downloaded tune for the 140 mph speed trap, I didn’t like the handling either for the street race but got used to it after a few restarts.
The street racing portion is currently the bane of my existence. I guess I'm not getting the GTO this week. :grumpy:

The street racing portion is currently the bane of my existence. I guess I'm not getting the GTO this week. :grumpy:
I’m close, I’m at 70% after I did the rival event, might try the X class trial even though I already have the X class.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8lRb2Q
Found this on reddit, there's some cars we never saw in any forza game before, like these three
FoMJQLH.jpg

hqNwe20.jpg

ZMtRwr9.jpg

After almost 30 Super Spins and 60 Wheelspins, I finally have all the biker clothing sets and the last of the Hoonigan cars, including the elusive Napalm Nova :)

I'm saving them until the next Series and see what other spoils I get from this month.

I totally missed that the Ranger Raptor was added to the autoshow. I kept thinking "did I miss something, some race or championship? Why don't I have it?" Once I figured it out, I decided to do one each of the five race classes; road, offroad, cross country, street scene and drag race. The hard one was the drag race. Those old Ford Broncos are fast. I tried the frozen lake drag strip since it only shows up in winter, but no luck. I finally tried the motorway drag race, and that finally did it. It was long enough that I could eventually catch the Broncos and get past for the fifth win.

Back