Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Super Happy to finally get the Hot Wheels Mustang! Was unable to play the last couple times it was up for grabs. :D

Couple of observations with the Deberti F-150 Pre Runner:

1) It has a 100% locked diff, and it's RWD. If you plan on actually racing with it, I'd definetly reduce both Accel and Decel. I have it at 40/25 and I've picked up roughly .4 seconds on the 0-60.

2) It uses the Raptor's 10 speed gearbox, and the stock ratios keep you almost always in the optimal powerband. However, the truck loses a healthy amount of steam at the top of 7th into 8th (about 140 MPH). The full-customize gearbox will probably be useful if you're trying to "reduce" the number of gears. It reaches it's statistical top speed in 8th.

3) It does not have a adjustable rear ARB stock. When you buy one, the rear ARB is at its softest setting, while the front is in the middle. This'll produce a lot of 3-wheeling in corners, which is a great fun and looks cool, but the truck is also capable of rolling in tight turns.

4) It has a very noticeable front-weight bias, and understeers heavily on tarmac stock. Also, adding the brush bar on the front grants adjustable front downforce, because........reasons.

I'm still working on a "stock" tune that'll keep the 3-wheeling but make the truck less prone to flipping. With any luck, I'll be able to grab a second truck in the auction house and come up with an A800 Cross-Country racing tune as well

Wow, the Danger sign is a bit tricky to do with all those almost invisible rocks everywhere.
Probably the simplest way is to use a car with rally suspension and snow tires to accelerate off road and head straight to the danger sign. This route is off-road, but easier than driving a tarmac because the rocks are not hidden in the snow and no cornering is required.
If you have a DLC, Shelby Monaco (AWD+V12 Racing Swap, upgrade to X class) will easily achieve target score.

I was debating on using a GRC car, but I figured that the snow would be too slippery for them. Ah well, still got it done.
I used an upgraded ID-r with dirt tires. It took me about a dozen tries before I finally got it by cutting every corner as much as the game would allow.

I'm also not a big fan of the modern race cars in Forza Horizon (I despised that pack of GT race cars in FH3). Returning to FH4, the reality of the matter is that all DLC has become free, and it shines through in some of the recent DLC choices. I have absolutely no doubt that FH4 was offered the Volkswagen I.D. R. without any licensing fee to be paid. It doesn't seem like anything more than a step in the post-dieselgate green propaganda. Someone please prove me wrong.

At least it would be an understandable cost-saving strategy for Playground Games, and therefore I also have no problem saying when free content like the I.D. R. doesn't benefit the game. They know it themselves, but shortcuts that make them look generous will be taken. This PR approach is part of the Forza DNA after all.

I doubt PG are paying per-car licencing fees to manufacturers, to begin with.

Not really sure about the fundamental concept of arguing whether adding a new car to a car game "benefits" the game. The game is filled with cars I personally don't care about, and thus don't "benefit" me. But other people might like them, and thus it "benefits" them.

Is it my impression or in almost all new machines is it possible to notice your own "backside" get out from under the car?

I have noticed a general decline in model care, to the point that a ton of new videos are launched every day on the web where they discover glitches of all kinds in the game.

On the bright side at least they gave 2 of the 3 POs.

I doubt PG are paying per-car licencing fees to manufacturers, to begin with.

It probably varies from deal to deal. Take Opel, for example. FH3 launched with the Manta, Kadett C and GT. Two of those cars were cut out in FH4, at least for the time being. Unless saved for a future update, I could imagine licensing costs vs. estimated player usage might be the obstacle. Same could be said for Alfa Romeo and Volvo.

Not really sure about the fundamental concept of arguing whether adding a new car to a car game "benefits" the game. The game is filled with cars I personally don't care about, and thus don't "benefit" me. But other people might like them, and thus it "benefits" them.

It not benefitting the game was a reference to how it completely takes the challenge out of asphalt speed zones. Why is it so superior? Because it doesn’t fit in.

I sold my Fox Body Mustang to someone for 200,000cr. I forgot it is a wheelspin car :sly:

Whatever, I hope they like it.

I’ve been really enjoying this game lately.

I wish the garage had more tabs for the cars that don't really represent their respective manufacturers, such as FD, Hoonigan, Hot Wheels, James Bond and LEGO, which already have dedicated garage tabs. Especially Ford is getting too cluttered with the Barrett-Jackson, RTR and DeBerti modifications piling up alongside genuine models. Why not separate those brands as well?

Used the Ferrari 288 GTO for the Boss Mustang event. AWD upgraded to S2 901 with race tyres, full weight reduction and full aero. The only S2 cars in the races were Bugattis which of course had minor issues with the corners.

Cleared my Wheelspins... 37 Singles and 5 Supers!

Really wish they would differentiate between Ford Europe/Australia, Chrysler Australia ect.

Australia origin series in this game are essentially Holden-specific since the Falcons and Aussie Charger are classed as American cars.
I agree. Australian origin series make little sense in the current Forza race regulations.
This is not the first time. It has been pointed out since FH3. I hope them to improve this with FM8 and FH5.

If you're still having problems with the seasonal PR Stunts, it's because you don't have any of the exclusive meta cars (Hoonigan RS200, Rimac, Apollo, VW I.D R).

All you need is rewind and a half fast car and you can do it, just rewind untill you have the best run-up possible.

Does anybody on PC know what settings are CPU intensive? Getting sick of the random slowdowns cause of 100% CPU usage (4th gen Intel i5).

If you're still having problems with the seasonal PR Stunts, it's because you don't have any of the exclusive meta cars (Hoonigan RS200, Rimac, Apollo, VW I.D R).
The only thing the Rimac is good for is the Speed Trap. A "Max Speed" tuned Agera RS can work too.

For me, any S2 Grip tuned car can work for the road Speed Zones. For dirt, if you don't have the Hoonigan RS200, the Gymkhana 9 Focus is just as good.

The only thing the Rimac is good for is the Speed Trap. A "Max Speed" tuned Agera RS can work too.

For me, any S2 Grip tuned car can work for the road Speed Zones. For dirt, if you don't have the Hoonigan RS200, the Gymkhana 9 Focus is just as good.

Ironically I've had pretty good luck with a rally tuned S2 Elise GT1 for any speed traps/zones that are on dirt roads. The Hoonigan sure makes some things easier but you really aren't left out of you don't have it.

Does anybody on PC know what settings are CPU intensive? Getting sick of the random slowdowns cause of 100% CPU usage (4th gen Intel i5).

There should be tooltip for each setting that will explain whether its a CPU or GPU intensive setting. In my testing nothing made a difference to CPU usage though.

But that's the thing. Does it really need to be good at anything else? It has its niche.

You can also fork some cash for a One:1 or even a Hennessey Venom if necessary. A Dirt build for each of these cars will help clear Danger Signs as well.

Any S2 Grip tuned car tends to work for Speed Zones, yes. For an easier time, use Mosler, Apollo or Corsa. The slowest, tightest zones are easily conquered with the I.D R, which I unfairly thrashed in this very thread.

So apparently the DeBerti F150 is supposed to be AWD from the get-go....

And should have twice as much suspension travel, comparable to the DeBerti Jeep...

And should have a different paint job....

And its wheels clip through the ground...

And the wheels do not visibly change even with max camber...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit salty. :irked:

On the plus side, the Racing V8 swap does wonders for it. The RTR V8 swap is actually overkill, but fun overkill.

Back