Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
So apparently the DeBerti F150 is supposed to be AWD from the get-go....

And should have twice as much suspension travel, comparable to the DeBerti Jeep...

And should have a different paint job....

And its wheels clip through the ground...

And the wheels do not visibly change even with max camber...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit salty. :irked:

On the plus side, the Racing V8 swap does wonders for it. The RTR V8 swap is actually overkill, but fun overkill.

I can understand the complaints about the wheels clipping and the AWD, but the rest seems correct.

All the pictures I have seen of the truck the paint is correct and afaik the wheels only change when adjusting camber with drift suspension, but then again I don't adjust my tunes so, I'm not sure on that part.

I always thought the whole wheel clipping was due to low tire pressure, so I increased it to 40 something ( I think?) and it now handles better for me. Although the wheels still have a tendency to clip the ground at random.

And I didn't even know it was supposed to be 4WD. Insert "the more you know" meme here.

I finally auctioned my Rimac for way too little money, in part out of spite (I have other X weapons for speed traps and stuff), in part out of curiosity, to see how long it lasted out there (a few moments!)

Finally an S2998 Bugatti without having to put on those ridiculous wings (I wish!). Surely enough, this time they come as standard, but they still look better than the Forza kit, which ruins the others' active aero.

I bet we're gonna require the Trial for this one, to feel a sense of "accomplishment", but, looking at it with a half-full glass, it's the Divo. :)

I’m kinda hoping they bring back the original Veyron in this update to go with the Divo.

It was already a full-on Autovista car in FM4 so it shouldn’t be that hard to port it over, me thinks.
bugatti_veyron_16_4_forza_4_photo_by_ant787_d5ntk8b-fullview.jpg

As for why, well, why not? It is the original record breaker car that started the Bugatti comeback, and it’d be a nice addition to the two older Koenigseggs we got before! Also I really like how it looks, I think it’s pretty :sly:

The only disappointing thing, for me, about the arrival of the Divo, is that we'll have to wait another month for the Huracan Performante and 488 Pista. I don't think they'll bring two top requested cars in the same update.

Do you need more existing supercar variants?
Forza does not simulate electronic control and active aero. These variants differ only slightly in appearance and performance.
It is no different from the carbon hood R34 N1 and the 1800cc MX-5 with a chrome mirror.

One of the reasons for this feeling is that I am fed up with variants of existing supercars.
But why do even those who ridicule Gran Turismo's MX-5 and R34 variants and attack DeBerti and RTR variants want Performante and Pista? I don't really understand about these cases.

Forza does not simulate electronic control and active aero. These variants differ only slightly in appearance and performance.
It is no different from the carbon hood R34 N1 and the 1800cc MX-5 with a chrome mirror.

One of the reasons for this feeling is that I am fed up with variants of existing supercars.
But why do even those who ridicule Gran Turismo's MX-5 and R34 variants and attack DeBerti and RTR variants want Performante and Pista? I don't really understand about these cases.

Ok, you're going too far on what is to be considered a duplicate.

You're comparing, record setting, cars with numerous performance enhancements over their base counterparts and clearly noticeable aerodynamic and styling differences, with cars that have purely cosmetic changes? And minor ones, such as just making a mirror chrome instead of non-reflective? You're insulting the engineers who worked on these cars. They have managed to improve on what are, already, very high performance packages and make them desirable, over a cheaper alternative. It's easier to take something bad and make it good, than it is to take something great and make it excellent.

Who cares if the active aero isn't simulated accurately. It's FH4, the more lighthearted Forza. They'll make those cars handle better through other ways and the performance gap will be noticeable.

Also, I'm a person who likes cars as they come from the assembly line. I don't tune. So faster factory versions of cars are always welcome.

If this game is a factory stock car only game like PGR or Drive Club, high performance models will be welcomed.
But we can already make 488 GTB and Huracan better than Pista and Performante. From this point of view, I took the 1800cc MX-5 as an example. Better performance than the base model, different appearance. If this parable is not appropriate, I apologize for it.

And apologize for saying too much. I was fed up with repeated Pista and Performante spam like "Where is the Supra?"
Yes, this is take it out on you (and other supercar fans). I'm sorry.

I’m kinda hoping they bring back the original Veyron in this update to go with the Divo.

It was already a full-on Autovista car in FM4 so it shouldn’t be that hard to port it over, me thinks.
bugatti_veyron_16_4_forza_4_photo_by_ant787_d5ntk8b-fullview.jpg

As for why, well, why not? It is the original record breaker car that started the Bugatti comeback, and it’d be a nice addition to the two older Koenigseggs we got before! Also I really like how it looks, I think it’s pretty :sly:

Cars seem to come in pairs recently so who knows, I'd also like the original Veyron 16.4 back.

I personally have absolutely no interest in modern Bugattis, this is just another car that will end up gathering virtual dust in my garage, I have no incentive to go out and drive it. If we're going to get fast stuff that weighs as much as a cruise ship, I'd rather have the new Bentley Continental...

Edit: It would also appear that a "triple pass" does not grant you 3 pass skills, for some reason. :lol:

Because the 720S is in the game and its only close competitor is the GT2 RS.

I'm definitely not fed up with variants of supercars, particularly because we have too few. Lamborghini made many versions of the Diablo, all with different details and even physics, yet all we have is the SV (and the GTR in FM7). Same with the Countach (though in this case we have the best one). The only 993 Porsche we have is the GT2, which isn't representative of the most popular variants, and Forza isn't even considering adding a Turbo, as they went for the GuntherWerks custom instead.

Meanwhile we have four Miatas, six WRXes, four Evos, which are cars that changed little, yet exist in the game because people appreciate the small differences between them. We even got the 968 Turbo S in the DLC, which is an evolution of the 944 Turbo. We had plenty of people wishing for the standard S2000 with the smaller, higher-revving engine, and their wish came true. Why the double standards on Forza's part?

Don't get my wrong, but I wish people would stop trying to rationalize the absence of these cars from the game. They're hugely popular and would attract many players. The reason why we are not getting them must be related to some licensing issue. Playground has just added the 600LT and the 720S Spyder, and will add the Divo next month, which shows they're not concerned about cars being "repeats".

With regards to the Mustangs, I enjoy them more often than not. Very few Mustangs in the game even share the same engine!

1965 Mustang GT: 289ci Windsor
1968 Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback: 390ci FE
1969 Boss 302 Mustang: 302ci Boss
1971 Mustang Mach I: 429ci Cobra Jet
1993 Mustang Cobra R: 302ci Windsor
2000 Mustang Cobra R: 5.8L Modular
2013 Shelby GT500: 5.8L Trinity Supercharged
2016 Shelby GT350R: 5.2L Voodoo
2018 Mustang GT: 5.0L Coyote

And they all tend to drive differently. So they're not comparable to cars like the WRX STI, which if you drive one, you drove them all.

Granted, I still enjoy driving the STIs, but, despite being essentially the same, they're all in the game because they all serve a purpose. I wish Forza would apply this rationale to other brands as well.

Don't you have to pass 3 cars at once for it to trigger?

Yes, but one of the Forzathon challenges this week was to get 3 pass skills. I got a triple pass and it only counted as 1, despite the fact I indeed passed 3 cars.

Yes, but one of the Forzathon challenges this week was to get 3 pass skills. I got a triple pass and it only counted as 1, despite the fact I indeed passed 3 cars.
Maybe Triple Passes don't count towards normal Passes.

EG6eGtwWoAAoZlE

The 8 - 488 - 1103 number lines up with the Bugatti Divo's engine size (8L), cubic in (488) and KW (1103).

So perhaps the other 3 new cars have engine configurations of;

3L, 181 Cubic in. , 379 KW
4.4L, 292 Cubic in. , 593 KW
4L, 269 Cubic in. , 331 KW

I’ve been trying to find engines that fit those descriptions but can’t come up with anything exact for the last two.

The first one matches up with the Ford Duratec V6 used in the Rossion Q1, so that might be returning from FM4 then.
latest

The second one seems like a BMW V8 with that displacement, but the horsepower figures don’t match with anything they make right now.

The last one is a mystery, the horsepower figure matches exactly with the new RS4/RS5 but they have a 3.0 litre engine, so I’m out of ideas for that one.

EG6eGtwWoAAoZlE

The 8 - 488 - 1103 number lines up with the Bugatti Divo's engine size (8L), cubic in (488) and KW (1103).

So perhaps the other 3 new cars have engine configurations of;

3L, 181 Cubic in. , 379 KW
4.4L, 292 Cubic in. , 593 KW
4L, 269 Cubic in. , 331 KW

3.0 L 181 CI engine is a Chevy straight six, GMC and Chevy trucks from 1935 and 1936, 500 hp seems like a lot for that though.
292 is also a Chevy straight six.
269 is an International Harvester/Navistar engine??

I could be off on these.

Edit: Justuxful's post seems more likely than mine. Rossion matches up exactly.
The BMW engine was also used in the Morgan Aero 8, but it didn't produce that much HP.

Forza math challenge? What's up with that?

Last edited:
Back