Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Well, if there’s one good thing about the 720S Spider that makes it a worthy addition, it’s that the active spoiler at the back is modelled properly and works as an airbrake :D

The spoiler on the coupe only goes up for speed and that’s it, doesn’t tilt up when braking, which is quite an oversight on the behalf of T10/PG :P

And it's been brought up in many of their streams. They would like to add it, but it's more complicated than you think.

Technically you could have it so you push a button in ForzaVista and it "sticks". If it's more difficult, then we consider other variables, such as:

1) The need to do it in free roam (mechanism might not be animated in free roam)
2) The need to update models so they take this feature into account
3) The consideration that some cars don't have their roofs modeled in the LODs used in free roam

So yes, not happening in this game.

IMO raising and dropping the roof adds nothing to my gaming experience.

Well, that's not usually a problem, but I gotta say that, in Spring, every other race is rainy, and the 720S Spider isn't suited to it with the roof down... :(

I fully support Microsoft throwing money and resources at Forza so the devs model both versions of each car, with Horizon getting the cabrios and Motorsport the coupés.

They could also pull a NFS and have the roof as a customization option, so just enable/disable the hardtop.

Forza is actually quite dated in this regard. It uses tuner zones for parts, so, when you want to customize the roof and the part is labeled as a side skirt, the camera is very badly positioned (happens with police lights).

Well, that's not usually a problem, but I gotta say that, in Spring, every other race is rainy, and the 720S Spider isn't suited to it with the roof down... :(

I fully support Microsoft throwing money and resources at Forza so the devs model both versions of each car, with Horizon getting the cabrios and Motorsport the coupés.

Forza is actually quite dated in this regard. It uses tuner zones for parts, so, when you want to customize the roof and the part is labeled as a side skirt, the camera is very badly positioned (happens with police lights).
They could add a new zone for the roofs.

Just found a Mini cabrio for 1m buy out. Very glad I didn't pay the 5m+ I last saw them going for.

EHLRlXgXYAEUCWv.png

The Divo is an interesting addition. I'm actually surprised by the amount of new and sought-after cars FH4 is throwing at players free of charge. One would think the Forza franchise on the whole would be better off saving cars like these as novelties for next-generation Forza Motorsport in order to help boosting its day-one appeal. After all, it's not like FH4 is in desperate need of new to franchise additions, especially when the developers probably could rely entirely on adding missing back-catalogue cars instead.

The Divo is an interesting addition. I'm actually surprised by the amount of new and sought-after cars FH4 is throwing at players free of charge. One would think the Forza franchise on the whole would be better off saving cars like these as novelties for next-generation Forza Motorsport in order to help boosting its day-one appeal. After all, it's not like FH4 is in desperate need of new to franchise additions, especially when the developers probably could rely entirely on adding missing back-catalogue cars instead.

You could probably also argue that the Forza franchise doesn't need any certain new car to sell a new game. The Forza name sells.

#stance makes me think it might not be.
Could be referring to a race car's stance? I mean, time attack cars have quite a bit of camber to give them an aggressive stance and a nice bite in the corners.

Or it might just be wishful thinking and it's just going to be another drift truck. :lol:

Damn, we’re gonna have 7 Eggs in total now in the game, this is awesome! :D

Are you sure about that? :P
868a6f48-bd16-4c0b-bc08-17b2a1352b8a.jpg

Woah, that gave me a real throwback to waking up every morning to check out the two images they’d release every day in the lead up.

CCGT surprised me, has it been in other Forza’s? Maybe it’s just escaping my memory.

Well FM8 is still a few years away, by that time these cars will be long forgotten.
You're fooling yourself if you think a 2 year old Bugatti(it will be that old when FM8 comes out) will boost sales enough to matter.

I'm not just talking about the Bugatti or how old cars are. Keep in mind that FM7 launched with just three cars new to the franchise and only one circuit that hadn't been featured in Forza before. It caused a small backlash because there were players who found there wasn't enough unexplored content in the game on day one.

You're fooling yourself if you think a 2 year old Bugatti(it will be that old when FM8 comes out) will boost sales enough to matter.

They don't care about boosting sales. I suspect FH4 probably sells a statistically insignificant number of new retail copies in October 2019. They care about keeping engagement with the game up, so those Game Pass subs keep rolling over for another month.

It's why Microsoft is largely moving to a "service" model with all of their major AAA releases since Sea of Thieves (which not-coincidentally was the first new Microsoft game on Game Pass day one).

Maybe it's because this is FH and not FM. Two games that, while they share the Forza name, play quite differently. Taking a Divo out in FH's open worlds, with a more relaxed physics model, and taking it out on a track, with a more hardcore handling model, will certainly be different experiences.

Considering FH5 is even further away than FM8, I'd say it's a waste to hold these cars up.

Latest Posts

Back