Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I just have the 10 mil cars basically left and I'm sitting at 35 mil right now. Might check the Auction House for some deals.

I did get the SLR from the Championship this week though, since I never bought it. Now my garage is at a nice size of 666 cars (should be 665 because I have 2 Quattro's now from the latest Business and can't get rid of it).

I kinda lost motivation to do the seasonal events. At first, I kept doing it just to get the cars in my garage (no matter how tedious it is). but now, I have so many credits that I could probably buy most of those cars through auctions.
I will sometimes do the seasonal events just to get cars to replace my old ones that have my old gamertag, while the old ones that have my old name, get in the auction house.

I just have the 10 mil cars basically left and I'm sitting at 35 mil right now. Might check the Auction House for some deals.

I did get the SLR from the Championship this week though, since I never bought it. Now my garage is at a nice size of 666 cars (should be 665 because I have 2 Quattro's now from the latest Business and can't get rid of it).

Auction the Quattro and when it inevitably doesn't sell, don't redeem it. After 60 days it'll disappear forever.

I definitely would. Some of the 10m cars go as low as 2.5m on the AH. I paid that for my E-Type Lightweight.

6a42f51e-daf0-4d8a-a024-053819a9cc03.jpeg

The Ferrari 512S is in the Forzathon shop for 500pts, i case anyone missed it the first time around.
i just saw several 512 S get bought 16 millions each at Auctions (and in the middle of them, one at 10 millions that failed to sell, go figure...)

Well ... as expected, AE86 has not been added to Autoshow.
Probably all Lexus/Scion/Toyota cars except Supra will be exclusive cars.
Great live service era.:grumpy:

Historically, none of the exclusive cars have been put in the Autoshow, so I'm not sure why you expected any less and as @RazorSharkz stated, it was announced that the Supra would be in the Autoshow. The same wasn't said for the other Toyota cars.

Historically, none of the exclusive cars have been put in the Autoshow, so I'm not sure why you expected any less and as @RazorSharkz stated, it was announced that the Supra would be in the Autoshow. The same wasn't said for the other Toyota cars.
Before the introduction of the Festival Playlist system, they were doing it at Mitsubishi.
And these are not new content like Pista or Performante.
To be clear, I thought they had a bit more common sense thinking.
Many players have been waiting for Toyota for several years. And there have been many critical opinions in forums etc. on providing these as exclusive cars.
Yes, I didn't even think they would make these cars fishing baits. They seem to see only DAU.

Before the introduction of the Festival Playlist system
There have been plenty of Seasonal event exclusive reward cars even before the Festival Playlist was added. The Hudson Hornet and Mosler where both originally seasonal event rewards long before the playlist was a thing.

Yes. I know it.
I mentioned this as one of the major system changes that happened to this game when comparing the two brands, Mitsubishi and Toyota.

Before the introduction of the Festival Playlist system, they were doing it at Mitsubishi.
And these are not new content like Pista or Performante.
To be clear, I thought they had a bit more common sense thinking.
Many players have been waiting for Toyota for several years. And there have been many critical opinions in forums etc. on providing these as exclusive cars.
Yes, I didn't even think they would make these cars fishing baits. They seem to see only DAU.

They also stated that the Mitsubishi pack was going to be available in the Autoshow, they did not specify that with Toyota, except with the Supra.
They are new content to FH4, but not the franchise, which is the same for a lot of the exclusive rewards they have offered through the playlist or other means.

It's not too different from the way Porsche's re-entry in the franchise worked, back in FH3. Difference is the basic Porsche DLC was paid and you only got 7 cars, and then they gave out a bunch of new & returning cars (16!) that were only available for a limited time, even if you didn't own the actual DLC. The Supra's free for everyone to own as many as they like, and the other returning cars will be one shot deals that I assume will be stupid easy to get (the AE86 takes less than 15 minutes to obtain, and you don't even need to be online)

I for one am liking the way they're doing these cars. I prefer a challenge to earn exclusive cars, not just dumping them into the Autoshow.

That's how it is with The Crew 2.

The AE86 comes in Forza's version of "Standards," so no full Autovista. But it does come with new sounds. I love how such an underpowered and simple car can be so much fun. And it hits the mid 600 class with just some minor upgrades and less than 200HP!

The car has only one option of body kit unlike in previous Forza's. But it's fine as the car looks great stock. The only thing I found weird is the shifting animations. It is definitely a STICK shift "lol"

It's not too different from the way Porsche's re-entry in the franchise worked, back in FH3.

This.

Also, I really get the sense some elements of the community more or less want Playground to dump cars for free in the game ala' GT Sport. Which, would be nice, and works in GTS because of how that game is structured...but that sort of system simply wouldn't work within FH4 because it would lead to the same point that many of the DLC packs would in Forza games until Forzathon was introduced: people would basically download the pack, play around with the cars for fifteen, twenty minutes, and then say that it's boring and when the next significant piece of content was coming out. More so if the two expansions released.

Is there problems with the system? Absolutely! But so much of the complaints are just so tiring because there's no real simple, easy options that can be implemented within the game *right now*, and serve better as something to look at for FH5. It's especially tiring when you have people accusing Playground of not having common sense when they didn't say anything about how the Toyota cars would be handed out barring the A80 Supra, or accusing them of only caring about player numbers or whatever, which is a point debated to death around here.

Heck, I was a big opponent of the Forzathon method to obtain new cars, but that was when I was short on time. Now I can put a few hours in every week, I dont mind it.

I've jumped from level 80ish to 175+ in the couple of months I've been playing the seasonal events and now I have the two expensive houses to show for it as well.

This.

Also, I really get the sense some elements of the community more or less want Playground to dump cars for free in the game ala' GT Sport. Which, would be nice, and works in GTS because of how that game is structured...but that sort of system simply wouldn't work within FH4 because it would lead to the same point that many of the DLC packs would in Forza games until Forzathon was introduced: people would basically download the pack, play around with the cars for fifteen, twenty minutes, and then say that it's boring and when the next significant piece of content was coming out. More so if the two expansions released.
This times two

Back