Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Anybody know why some cars make a metal clink sound during idle?

Ex- Ferrari Pista.
If I recall correctly from what @TheAdmiester has posted about sounds, the clinking sounds are only on cars that have been recorded with the granular synthesis method.

It’s to make it more real and immersive as cars in the real world do make all sorts of other sounds other than the engine and the exhaust, like heat stress or various fans and such.

If I recall correctly from what @TheAdmiester has posted about sounds, the clinking sounds are only on cars that have been recorded with the granular synthesis method.

It’s to make it more real and immersive as cars in the real world do make all sorts of other sounds other than the engine and the exhaust, like heat stress or various fans and such.
Correct. Bonnet camera clunking noises are the main giveaway of GS.

I've gotten to a point where I can tell from the sort of "texture" of the sound, but it's much harder to explain than using the clunking as an example.

Correct. Bonnet camera clunking noises are the main giveaway of GS.

I've gotten to a point where I can tell from the sort of "texture" of the sound, but it's much harder to explain than using the clunking as an example.
I totally get you, I can immediately tell apart which sounds are from FM7 and which are the GS sounds made my PG, but god knows I have no idea how to describe the difference between them :lol: Other than the clinking that is.

Did some rough calculations and we've done Offroad Buggies 13 times as a weekly challenge since the game's inception. The only categories that have appeared more often are Offroad and Rally Monsters, if I'm not mistaken.

"1000 words doesn't begin to cover this" - Shelby 1000. Very obvious clue.
"32T 516573 4905647" - Apparently the co-ordinates to Portofino (y'know, like the Ferrari). Also the car's powered by a 32-valve Turbocharged V8 engine.
"Mark (III) our words, gee! A seven? Oh..." - Mk3 GA70. Toyota Supra 2.0GT Twin Turbo, with the 1G-GTE.
"We're still friends. I'll be your barista." - This one's a bit of a stretch. Some folks on a Discord I'm in pointed out that apparently this is a reference to Gunther, the barista from Friends. A very tangential hint to the Porsche Guntherwerks 400R.

Dang LotusEvora! :eek: I think you may have nailed it perfectly. Plus, we're getting four cars again, including the Mark III Supra from FH3 and the Shelby 1000 from FH1! w00t! :D

Loving the two new cars as well!

There is a new Shelby 1000, I'm thinking that might be the one.
360548.jpg

"32T 516573 4905647" - Apparently the co-ordinates to Portofino (y'know, like the Ferrari). Also the car's powered by a 32-valve Turbocharged V8 engine.

32T is the grid zone in which Portofino is located in the UTM system.

I wish I could say, "as soon as I saw the grid designation for that area I knew it was going to be an Italian car", but apparently my brain decided to forget about UTM coordinates entirely and jump to the conclusion it must be the Audi TT 3.2 (turbo) Quattro... Which should return at some point anyways, if the leaks are to be trusted.

32T is the grid zone in which Portofino is located in the UTM system.

I wish I could say, "as soon as I saw the grid designation for that area I knew it was going to be an Italian car", but apparently my brain decided to forget about UTM coordinates entirely and jump to the conclusion it must be the Audi TT 3.2 (turbo) Quattro... Which should return at some point anyways, if the leaks are to be trusted.

Additionally, the TT 3.2 isn't turbocharged; it used the same engine as the Mk. IV Golf R32.

This is the new super snake but I don’t know if it still has 1000 horse power
49AD9B9F-BB96-4557-834F-C414937C2B6D.jpeg
72DE9AA3-A75F-4624-B27F-0B04591D58B6.jpeg

probably gonna be the older one from Forza Horizon 1.

I found on a youtube channel that some, in the comments at least, are saying that the "1000 words" could also be describing a 1000 car expansion for our garages.

But take this with a huge grain of salt and stick with the Shelby 1000 clue.

A garage that can hold 1000 cars (and add more Tune and Livery save slots) will be one of the best updates.
My garage is already like an eliminator. Many cars expelled for new exclusive cars.

Well, that would be a Shelby 1000 ...

Last edited:
I found on a youtube channel that some, in the comments at least, are saying that the "1000 words" could also be describing a 1000 car expansion for our garages.

But take this with a huge grain of salt and stick with the Shelby 1000 clue.

I'd honestly rather have 1000 garages spaces instead of another overpowered, uncontrollable widebody Mustang.

That new Shelby 1000 doesn't really look much different to the DeBerti widebody either, so would be a pointless addition.

I think PG made a mistake, the Koenigsegg CC8S is available in the Forzathon shop... giving out paid DLC for free?

Back