Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I definitely want the FM8 cover car to be a proper racing car to show an increased focus on the actual Motorsport aspect of the game.
Might as well be the Toyota TS050 then, because it's the most recent Le Mans winner and also signifies Toyota's return in the Motorsport games.

I just noticed this this morning after the game finished updating. HDT is Holden Dealer Teams. It should be IH for International Harvester. I don't know if this is an existing mistake or was introduced with today's update.

Considering they use the dev build to showcase updates, chances are that the ~200 extra cars are non-licensed vehicles, traffic cars, and/or vehicles brought over from previous games that are unavaliable to the public. IIRC, early gameplay builds of FH4 had the P1 GTR, as well as Mitsubishi cars present, while the former is nowhere to be seen and the later was added later on as a free DLC.

At least, that's what I'm thinking. I honestly hope there's not another 200 cars in the pipeline. I've got too damn many as it is. :crazy:

Personally I cannot have too many cars. The number of cars in FM7 that would fit perfectly into FH4 is a constant source of frustration for me. Some of them even appeared in FH3 but weren’t carried over to FH4.

It’s easy to point the finger at licensing, but more often than not it’s probably only a matter of the developers not being bothered to fully convert the cars for compatibility with FH4’s retail version.

Of course, it’s nice whenever cars from the catalogue inventory are being carried over to FH4, like most recently the first generation Mazda RX-7. However, at the current rate FH4 will never catch up, which is a damn shame considering how many legendary cars FH4 doesn’t use despite having already appeared in other Forza titles on Xbox One.

It’s easy to point the finger at licensing, but more often than not it’s probably only a matter of the developers not being bothered to fully convert the cars for compatibility with FH4’s retail version.
What needs to be converted?

What needs to be converted?

In one of the streams some months ago a developer talked about how the returning Toyota cars had to go through some preparations in order to make them compatible with FH4. I believe it was a reference to sound revisions and how cars pick up dirt when driving on different surface types in different weather etc.

In one of the streams some months ago a developer talked about how the returning Toyota cars had to go through some preparations in order to make them compatible with FH4. I believe it was a reference to sound revisions and how cars pick up dirt when driving on different surface types in different weather etc.
I haven't kept up with it, but also maybe some modeling updates? I hear the MR2 is still wrong though so maybe not.

Also the way parts of the cars rattle and shake at high speed was first added to Forza with FM7, So all the car models from previous games would need to be updated to support that feature.

It seems that my save file got corrupted... :(

Forza Horizon 4 7_2_2020 11_09_30 PM.png

I contacted Forza Support and this was part of what they told me:

"Unfortunately, your game save has been corrupted or overwritten and will need to be deleted from everywhere to avoid any further corruption issues. When your game gets corrupted, overwritten, there is a high probability that it will retain some corruption issues or ghosted data. This will cause future issue with the save or you will run our of space faster. i.e. your garage will be full without having a full garage. We encourage a reset of data everywhere so you are, in fact, starting from fresh and free of issues."

I tried loading the game offline, and I got the same message, so I thought perhaps the save in the cloud was still okay and the problem's with the local save. So I reset the FH4 data, loaded the game online, and after syncing data the same message popped up. I suppose I got no choice but to start from scratch...

I think part of what caused the problem was getting suddenly disconnected from online adventures and losing my connection to the Internet. Maybe in the midst of all that my save was being uploaded to the cloud halfway, and it caused some kind of disconnect between the cloud save and the local save. Not sure though.

Well, honestly this is quite heartbreaking, after already having more than 600 cars in my garage to play with. When I was a kid, I had a similar issue with Gran Turismo 2, when my save file was suddenly gone (although I didn't have so many cars yet). I teared up back then, but not now...but it's still sad nonetheless. :lol:

The thing is, for the past few months, I've only been playing to obtain the so-called "exclusive cars" that came with the new updates. It's not that I've grown to dislike the game, but I just didn't feel that itching desire to play it every now and then. My rationale was, one day, when support for FH4 runs out, those cars won't be obtainable in any way, so I have to collect them now to avoid the feeling that I'm missing out. Then, when FH4 support is finally over and there are no more updates, I will probably leave the game for months, and come back later on with a renewed interest and enjoy those cars.

Now though, with my save gone and a lot of progress gone to waste, my interest to play the game again for the time being is reduced even more. I don't feel like starting all over again. I wish one day all the cars will be available in the autoshow. Then I'll stop playing for now, and then someday in the future, maybe I'm gonna be willing to start the game from scratch, experiencing it more as a nice nostalgia trip instead of a grind. But, who knows what PG or T10 is gonna do...

View attachment 936968

I tried loading the game offline, and I got the same message, so I thought perhaps the save in the cloud was still okay and the problem's with the local save. So I reset the FH4 data, loaded the game online, and after syncing data the same message popped up. I suppose I got no choice but to start from scratch...

I think part of what caused the problem was getting suddenly disconnected from online adventures and losing my connection to the Internet. Maybe in the midst of all that my save was being uploaded to the cloud halfway, and it caused some kind of disconnect between the cloud save and the local save. Not sure though.

Well, honestly this is quite heartbreaking, after already having more than 600 cars in my garage to play with. When I was a kid, I had a similar issue with Gran Turismo 2, when my save file was suddenly gone (although I didn't have so many cars yet). I teared up back then, but not now...but it's still sad nonetheless. :lol:

The thing is, for the past few months, I've only been playing to obtain the so-called "exclusive cars" that came with the new updates. It's not that I've grown to dislike the game, but I just didn't feel that itching desire to play it every now and then. My rationale was, one day, when support for FH4 runs out, those cars won't be obtainable in any way, so I have to collect them now to avoid the feeling that I'm missing out. Then, when FH4 support is finally over and there are no more updates, I will probably leave the game for months, and come back later on with a renewed interest and enjoy those cars.

Now though, with my save gone and a lot of progress gone to waste, my interest to play the game again for the time being is reduced even more. I don't feel like starting all over again. I wish one day all the cars will be available in the autoshow. Then I'll stop playing for now, and then someday in the future, maybe I'm gonna be willing to start the game from scratch, experiencing it more as a nice nostalgia trip instead of a grind. But, who knows what PG or T10 is gonna do...

If I win any exclusive cars I can let you know so you can try to snipe them in the Auction House.

View attachment 936968

If you want, I can try to Auction any dupe I get and hope you get them.

@Populuxe Cowboy @RazorSharkz @GTvsForza

Thanks a lot for the sympathy and the kind support!

But it's okay :) don't worry about me. We live in different time zones and it may be unlikely for me to respond to the auctions in a timely manner anyway.

I just need to choose to not let my mind get...uhhh....."enslaved", by how a certain aspect of this video game is made available :lol: and to be honest, there are still a lot of cars I haven't tried in the game. Even if I end up not having those extra cars, the game will still be enjoyable.

EDIT: An update of my situation (Saturday, July 4, 2020, 12:38 a.m., UTC+07:00):

ForzaSupport.PNG

Wow, this is significantly a lot more than what I expected I would get back! I am very happy and thankful. This is really great support!

Forza Horizon 4 7_4_2020 12_13_55 AM.png

As you can see, I am even getting the exclusive cars back, with the latest one before the save corruption being the Zenvo TSR-S.

I am still redoing the tutorial seasons by the way (currently in winter). Interestingly, in the newly created save, I still have some of my old stuff like business payout messages, and the creative hub things like blueprints and photos (before Forza Support gifted me these cars back).

I have yet to scroll down to see what other things I am getting back (he or she said "inventory", so I'm guessing clothing too, but maybe not credits and Forzathon Points). Regardless of what other things I could recover, getting the cars back alone is enough to make me feel very happy.

Now, time to get back in-game and press the X button on my Sixaxis for more than 600 times... :lol:

Last edited:
I can't seem to crack the photo thing to get that Zenvo. I am presuming that the "stage" referred to in the instructions is that big grandstand edifice just above and around the entrance to the Horizon centre. I position my car there, take the photo, but am told that the stage isn't in the photo.

I can't seem to crack the photo thing to get that Zenvo. I am presuming that the "stage" referred to in the instructions is that big grandstand edifice just above and around the entrance to the Horizon centre. I position my car there, take the photo, but am told that the stage isn't in the photo.
If this helps, this is the photo I took that got me the Zenvo:

View attachment 936968

This just happened to me a few weeks ago. It corrupted and all is gone. They need to make it so you can back up our saves on a flash drive like Ps4. I had to start all over. A positive thing is All my tunes and paints were linked to my account and was in my new save when I restarted and all my cars from season pass and dlc was free as I was able to get them free from the storefront again.

Anyone else used the ST1 for the Photo Challenge, or just me :)

I am very happy with my new seesaw :D
Here, here! Before that, I've driven my Zenvo ST1 to the festival out of respect to get the picture of it. It was fun. :)

Now that we have both cars in the game, I will love to see the ST1 and the TSR-S perform a hot lap against each other at the Nurburgring (or even Spa) in FM8. That'd be so awesome!!

Hi, I've only just returned to FH4 after over six months away and don't know where to find the Photo Challenge so I can get my Zenvo. Am I missing something. I've only snapped ten cars in the Promo so far.

Hi, I've only just returned to FH4 after over six months away and don't know where to find the Photo Challenge so I can get my Zenvo. Am I missing something. I've only snapped ten cars in the Promo so far.
It's not part of Promo, it's a new Playlist feature. You need to take a picture of any car in front of the Festival stage.

It's not part of Promo, it's a new Playlist feature. You need to take a picture of any car in front of the Festival stage.
I know, but it didn't show up on the playlist. I was wondering whether it needed to be activated by snapping promo cars or something.

[EDIT] Okay, I went into the MS Store app on my PC and made sure the game was updated to the latest version as it didn't seem to have done that automatically this time. When I restarted Horizon, Photo Challenge showed up on the playlist screen like it's supposed to.

Last edited:
Round 14 of my "Drive every car in all the Goliath type tracks" thingy is starting tomorrow. Here are the cars I'll be using. This has been a fun way of getting to use cars I'd otherwise not use. This set will be fun because I am finally done with all the drift cars.

1981 Citroen 2CV6
1974 Toyota Celica GT
1989 Toyota MR2 SC
1997 Honda Civic Type-R
2019 Ford Ranger Raptor
2012 Mini John Cooper Works GP
1992 Toyota Celica GT-Four RC ST185
2017 Alpine A110
1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
1958 Aston Martin DBR1
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
1970 AMC Rebel 'The Machine'