Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I came across a post on the official forums about the Welcome Pack adding to the Car Photo Promo. I tried it out and was able to take a snapshot of the McClaren Owen's P1.

First go into your garage and upgrade your P1, I did to the max it could for S2 class. Apparently, stock doesn't work.

From free roam: creative hub - blueprint events - search - select 'share code' and enter in the number.
Blueprint Sharecode: 989 815 391

The Owen's car showed up immediately. Take the snap. Nice to see and I wasn't aware your gametag could show on the windshield? That's neat. Is this an option for only this car?

Source: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...erent-from-the-regular-versions-in-Promo.aspx

I really don't get the "Welcome Pack" nonsense... the cars are pre-tuned for the most part, but not in a way that makes them any different than how we're able to tune/build them, like the PO cars are. No special perks are attached to them either. Seems like a waste of space to me.

Not sure about how true this may be, but somethings up with those cars like the Baja handling seems slightly different but it might be placebo. and the CJ5 well... downforce is questionable when modifying!

I saw a list of them on reddit and it seems that some Welcome Edition cars have exclusive parts.

• Ferrari F50 GT : Racing Tyre (not slick tyre)
  • Ford GT : Slick Tyre
  • Lamborghini Aventador : Special tyre has the same dry grip as a slick tyre and does not suffer a wet penalty
  • Porsche 718: "Firestone" lettered vintage race tyre
  • Jeep CJ5: Larger diameter off-road tires than stock. And two new front bumpers. (One of them is bumper removal)

Perhaps other cars may have exclusive upgrade parts, or special tire compounds that are installed stock.

Last edited:
I saw a list of them on reddit and it seems that some Welcome Edition cars have exclusive parts.

• Ferrari F50 GT : Racing Tyre (not slick tyre)
  • Ford GT : Slick Tyre
  • Lamborghini Aventador : Special tyre has the same dry grip as a slick tyre and does not suffer a wet penalty
  • Porsche 718: "Firestone" lettered vintage race tyre
  • Jeep CJ5: Larger diameter off-road tires than stock. And two new front bumpers. (One of them is bumper removal)

Perhaps other cars may have exclusive upgrade parts, or special tire compounds that are installed stock.

That's at least an interesting diversion. Would have been even better with PG-designed liveries exclusive to that car.

Why not just release the pack for free? It seems a bit shady to charge $3 for cars that are already in the game, but just have different tuning options.
I know UE owners get it for free, but it still seems a bit much.

The PO cars weren't extra, so why should these be? If I was a new player, I'd be annoyed if I paid $3 for these cars only to find out I could get them later in the autoshow for no additional cost other than Forza credits.

It looks like the 100FP car sales is back in the Forzathon shop, with the Ford Supervan 3 up for grabs first.

EDIT: There’s actually a tweet detailing the 100FP cars that will be rotating through the shop for the next week. These are as follows:

7/30: Ford Supervan 3
7/31: Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
8/1: Rimac Concept Two
8/2: Toyota Sprinter Trueno
8/3: Rossion Q1
8/4: McLaren 720S Spider
8/5: Ford Racing Puma

Last edited:
I've just got the Supervan, which was a pleasant surprise. Will be good to get another Trueno, too.

The "Aussie Rules" championship that gives out the HSV GTS does not register the Ford Falcons as Australian cars...

I get what you’re saying, but the month is dedicated to the Commodore anyway, so here the limitation was sort of forgivable.

So aside from the previously mentioned special parts these WP cars have, some of them appear to be amped up beyond what the standard versions are capable off, like the PO cars for example.

The normal Ford GT has a max PI of around 987 with awd, 910hp max and weighs under 2500lbs with rwd.

The WP GT starts at 998, factory rims are as light as the lightest rims, has 1078hp max and can weigh well under 2400lbs(2,368 with aero) and is capable of 3Gs in handling with aero. :eek:

The normal Porsche 718 has a handling stat of 9.4 in a S1 handling build, The WP 718 is capable of 9.9 with the exact same build, but the extra grip means less power to put into it to keep it S1.

The standard Jeep CJ5 with a fully built stock engine(turbo’d), all possible weight shedding and biggest off-road tyres equipped has 389hp, weighs 1,756lbs and has a 6.3 handling stat with no aero and 794PI.

The WP CJ5 standard engine is more powerful than the standard CJ5 WITHOUT even bolting on the turbos at 462hp N/A and over 600hp with Turbos. :drool:

While heavier at 1,936lbs stripped out, the WP CJ5 has a 7.2 handling with no aero and 825PI.

No obvious differences on the Subaru Rally car, (aside from the pre tuned part.:P) stock engines on both make the same power and torque.

The WP Gymkhana 9 Focus is slightly different as it starts at S1 900 which isn’t feasible for the normal one with the stock engine.

The WP Toyota T100‘s stock engine has a slightly higher engine sound compared to the normal one, plus a small power hike to 793hp fully tuned compared to 758hp of the normal one.

The WP Aventador has a slight grip advantage at 8.4 to 8.2 on a normal Aventador with race tyres equipped, the Liberty Walk wing is adjustable on the WP and not on the normal one.

The WP F50 GT has no major differences aside from starting PI and the tyre difference that was listed by @WanganDream in his post. 👍

So some cars have major improvements, some minor and some with no extras added. :)

Small update: The WP F50GT does have a major difference, The engine sound is identical to the LaFerrari’s. :odd:

VXR
That's at least an interesting diversion. Would have been even better with PG-designed liveries exclusive to that car.
I genuinely enjoy those special liveries. I collected them all in FM7, the liveries they gave out for watching the live streams and racing. I love the liveries they've made for Christmas and Valentine's Day in FH4. I would love to see them do more.

Couple more differences i’ve noticed and one of them actually being for the Subaru.

The T100, the Gymkhana Focus and the Subaru rally car all have 7 speed gearbox’s, one extra for the Focus and Subie and 2 extra for the T100. :)

Another one is the F50 GT having a higher maximum downforce limit in tuning, 168lbs for the normal F50GT and 185lbs for the WP version.

So what looked to be just a starter pack for newcomers and few extra promo shots for veterans is turning out to be a little more than that. :P

As someone who considers the FE and PO cars as unnecessary filler content, I probably don't need to point out that I won't be spending on the "Welcome Pack".

As someone who considers the FE and PO cars as unnecessary filler content, I probably don't need to point out that I won't be spending on the "Welcome Pack".
You can get those others for free though(FE and PO) and some of them have alot of purpose as they have handling buffs and such.

DK
Trying to do street races in the Merc truck is torture.
Yeah, I’ve tried four different races, and the best finish I’ve managed is just third on The Marathon. If someone knows how to win a race in this demonspawn, I’d like to hear it.

The best and quickest way is to reduce the drivatar difficulty.
And it is also important to choose a track with many relatively loose corners.
The MB Racing Truck is one of those vehicles that is very poor at turning, due to its characteristics. Upgrading and tuning will not eliminate this characteristic.
Therefore, I recommend GLENFINNAN CHASE.
This track has many relatively loose corners, and it is safe to drive over the shoulder.

The best and quickest way is to reduce the drivatar difficulty.
And it is also important to choose a track with many relatively loose corners.
The MB Racing Truck is one of those vehicles that is very poor at turning, due to its characteristics. Upgrading and tuning will not eliminate this characteristic.
Therefore, I recommend GLENFINNAN CHASE.
This track has many relatively loose corners, and it is safe to drive over the shoulder.
I did pretty much everything you suggested and I finally got my three wins. Putting the widest tires available on the front helped with the handling and the braking. I'm not saying it became a great handling and braking truck, but it did improve and it helped me to win.

Latest Posts

Back