Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I'll definitely pick up at least the base game (which I have an Xbox copy of, but I play on PC now). How many OP cars for rivals will I miss out on if I only get the base game rather than ultimate (which is nearly 3x the price of the base game in the UK store)?
Not a lot. I know the CJ5 Renegade is op in B class off road. The Regera may be op in S2 road sometimes. Not as much as the Jeep. For the rest you should be ok. Maybe I should add the Bone Shaker for A road...

I hope people who haven't grabbed it yet jump on this. Australia was truly beautiful, both Blizzard Mountain and especially the Hot Wheels expansion were great fun, and the incredible quantity and variety of Australian cars will never be seen in a video game again.
I am still happy that Playground Games visited my home country. The landscape and locations translated really well into the game!

Well it's official, however I think it's a shame "Ultimate" edition doesn't include everything and some of the DLC is not even discounted. Someone pointed to this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/f...tion/9ng3t6pkkrsq?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Why is this not available for new customers?

If you want to get ALL the paid DLC, this is the minimum amount of purchases:
Ultimate Edition
Expansion Pass
Porsche Car Pack
Hoonigan Car Pack
Mountain Dew Car Pack

Optionally:
Horn Unlock Accelerator
Treasure Map

Let me know if I missed anything.

Well it's official, however I think it's a shame "Ultimate" edition doesn't include everything and some of the DLC is not even discounted. Someone pointed to this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-3-complete-add-ons-collection/9ng3t6pkkrsq?activetab=pivot:embarrassed:verviewtab

Why is this not available for new customers?

If you want to get ALL the paid DLC, this is the minimum amount of purchases:
Ultimate Edition
Expansion Pass
Porsche Car Pack
Hoonigan Car Pack
Mountain Dew Car Pack

Let me know if I missed anything.
I think that is correct. In UK prices:

standard edition £6.59

or to get all cars (except for the exclusives):
ultimate edition £17.99
expansion pass £8.77
porsche pack £5.79
mountain dew pack £5.79
hoonigan pack £5.79
total = £44.13

The vast majority of the value comes from the £6.59 standard edition. Most of the extra cars I don't care about, so I'd be paying 6.7x the price of the standard edition just for maybe 3 worthwhile extra cars according to strela's post.

Seriously, it's a 4 year old game that I'd only be picking up because it will cease to become available, I'm not likely to ever play it much. £10 to get absolutely everything would be a reasonable price at this stage IMO. I only paid £16 for GT Sport, for example, around 18 months ago, and that was a much more current title in terms of support with new content than FH3 is now.

I'm assuming that online servers will also be shutting down soon for FH3?

Nah, it means DLC packs are not available anymore, T10 usually keeps the servers going for a good while. As far as I know, the servers for FM2 are still online.

"When a game reaches "End of Life", that means it and its DLC will no longer be available for purchase in the Microsoft Store. However, features like multiplayer and online services will still be accessible for those that own the game."

If only PD did this.

I think many things need to happen before even thinking about the fifth game in the Horizon series:
1) Turn 10 needs to get their act together; after all, they do the technical foundations of Motorsport and Horizon games.
2) Playground Games needs to finish Fable (I'm aware not all of their resources go into that, but it really must be a major distraction.)
3) There is still no end in sight for FH4 updates, it may even soldier for the rest of the year and 2021 too (!). Also a 4K 60 FPS patch is coming to the Series X.

Forgive me for the double post, but I vividly remember getting chills when the E3 trailer got unveiled... The BJ Baldwin Trophy Truck jumping the dunes in sync with said lyrics... it was like, damnit, take my money PG. :lol:
Somehow, in the four years since that trailer was released, I never once managed to see it. Until about three minutes ago anyway. When I quoted @Nacho Libre I was just quoting the next line in the song. I had no idea "Wicked Game" was associated with FH3 in any way.

Hmmm....
Forza Horizon 4 12_08_2020 19_58_24.png

Tomorrow should be Torben Tuesday, right?
It should indeed be that day tomorrow. I really think PG should include more than three cars a month, all of which not being tied to a specific "theme". I miss the variety we got before they started that.

I mean, I'm all up for themes. But if it's always three cars, it's time to change things up a bit. Can we get one of more toyotas and/or lexuses at the mean time PG?

Last edited:
It should indeed be that day tomorrow. I really think PG should include more than three cars a month, all of which not being tied to a specific "theme". I miss the variety we got before they started that.

I mean, I'm all up for themes. But if it's always three cars, it's time to change things up a bit. Can we get one of more toyotas and/or lexuses at the mean time PG?
Wasn't it originally 4?

Wasn't it originally 4?

There's no set rule. Oftentimes it has been four cars per month, but more or fewer cars haven't been unusual either. This month we may only haven gotten three cars because they put effort into that rather unwelcome "Welcome Pack".

Last edited:
Back