Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I'm not sure if it's just me. But doesn't it feel funny to fall in love with the IS-F and GT86 all over again?

That's how I feel right now after getting them today. I used to not drive them as much back then, only to start now. Guess I'm just glad they're back. :)

I'm so happy we can finally fix the most annoying thing about the IS-F, the front wheel fitment. Kinda sad we lost the WALD body kit from FM3/4, though.

I'm so happy we can finally fix the most annoying thing about the IS-F, the front wheel fitment. Kinda sad we lost the WALD body kit from FM3/4, though.
Indeed. 👍 And that is another thing I have yet to understand with the bodykit part. Is that FM4 had so many cool body mods that are missing in the xbox one era of Forza. It's not like the cars are remodeled either so not sure why T10 would leave them behind. Licensing shouldn't be a problem would it?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's just me. But doesn't it feel funny to fall in love with the IS-F and GT86 all over again?

Understandable. As far as the GT86 goes, I drove the Subaru BRZ in stock condition some weeks back, and had a blast throwing it around the gravel roads near the wind farm. Critics argue the car should have more power, and perhaps they have point in some situations, but the driving pleasure to be had from this chassis has been easy to forget during all the A90 Supra craze in recent years.

Last edited:
Understandable. As far as the GT86 goes, I drove the Subaru BRZ in stock condition some weeks back, and had a blast throwing it around the gravel roads near the wind farm. Critics argue the car should have more power, and perhaps they have point in some situations, but the driving pleasure to be had from this chassis has been easy to forget during all the A90 Supra craze in recent years.
Couldn't have said it any better myself! 👍 Yeah, underpowered cars will always have a special place in my heart, front or rear wheel drive vehicles. I'm inspired by your enthusiasm! Next time I get back on, I'm so going to throw around the Toyota GT86 across the dirt roads too! :D:tup:

Last edited:
There are several possible reasons for the body kit issue.

One is the cost of the license. Perhaps it's cheaper than the automaker's licenses, but AAA titles have tended to have skyrocketing development costs in recent years, so the body kits may have been removed in order to keep the budget down.

Secondly, the time it takes to model the game to accommodate the higher quality models of the Xbox One.
It's no secret that many of Forza's models have their roots in Xbox 360 era models, but they've still refurbished those models to a higher quality.
And more body kits are one of the reasons why more time is spent on that work.
That may be why they decided to remove the body kits to keep to the FM5 launch schedule.

And another is the bankruptcy of an aftermarket brand.
For example, one of the aftermarket brands that existed until FM4 was C-One.
But they went bankrupt a few years ago and all of their products were discontinued.
As a result, their body kits can no longer be seen on Forza.

I suspect that one of the major reasons is the cost of licensing in particular.
First of all, they did not license Veilside with the FH2 or FM6 Fast and Furious car packs.
They give license some current games, so it's obviously not a licensing issue like Toyota's.
Secondly, many of the body kits that have been removed from Forza since FM5 are the ones where all of that brand's products have been removed from the game.
Of course, there are instances where only certain car body kits have been removed, such as the Do-Luck body kits for the R32 and 350Z, but there are far more brands like Erebuni and URAS that have had all of their brand's body kits removed from the game.

Erebuni, Top Mix, RE Amemiya, WALD, FEED, Tsunami, RAZZI, URAS...I miss their body kits.

How can you explain the Supra's Furious 7 body kit then? It's labeled as a Forza kit, but it obviously isn't.

These body kits were mainly added to Forza on Xbox One and later.
For example, the Skyline R32 has the Do-Luck front bumper under the "Nissan" brand, and the Skyline R31 has the R31 House front bumper under the "Nissan" brand.
These are also probably their way of saving on licensing costs and skipping licensing negotiations with those brands.

The GT86 gets a 2JZ and the Ferrari 458 engine swaps (to replicate Ryan Tuerck's drift car that sucks) which are not available on the BRZ, and the IS-F gets the LF-A's V10, but it's a pricey swap at 250k!

Last edited:
There is a new gift car (livery) for the National Hispanic Heritage month to collect.
04c96521-ab9a-41a8-9091-d53c70b10801_Thumbnail.PNG

GMC Syclone is in vans and utility, but its poor towing capacity and overall low practicality considered in real life, it should probably have been in the retro muscle division? Though, I’d say the Typhoon can pass as a utility vehicle for being a more general purpose SUV.

GMC Syclone is in vans and utility, but its poor towing capacity and overall low practicality considered in real life, it should probably have been in the retro muscle division? Though, I’d say the Typhoon can pass as a utility vehicle for being a more general purpose SUV.
Nothing that blueprint cant fix 👍

Just bought the Ultimate Edition. All because I saw a pic of a white '65 Mini with flared arches and wide tyres. :D
There is also a rally kit you can equip on to your '65 Mini as well, just like the one from Gran Turismo 2! :D

Mind you, it never had those new body mods when the game came out in 2018. Crazy right?

Oh, and welcome to the party! :cheers:

There is also a rally kit you can equip on to your '65 Mini as well, just like the one from Gran Turismo 2! :D

Mind you, it never had those new body mods when the game came out in 2018. Crazy right?

Oh, and welcome to the party! :cheers:
I don't have the '65 yet. That's all I'm going to drive, when I get it. I'm dying. I only drive a BRG JCW w/LB body and black Speedline F1 wheels.
I saw on the net, where to get the '65 Mini barn find. So far, I've found the Cosworth and MGBGT. Hope I don't have to wait much longer. :)

The visuals on my base XB1, are fantastic. Enjoying the roads. Big difference from when I played FH2 and the Australian Horizon game.

I don't have the '65 yet. That's all I'm going to drive, when I get it. I'm dying. I only drive a BRG JCW w/LB body and black Speedline F1 wheels.
I saw on the net, where to get the '65 Mini barn find. So far, I've found the Cosworth and MGBGT. Hope I don't have to wait much longer. :)

The visuals on my base XB1, are fantastic. Enjoying the roads. Big difference from when I played FH2 and the Australian Horizon game.
Congrats on your two finds man! 👍 No worries, it shouldn't take too long until you across the '65 Mini Cooper, as long as you keep enjoying yourself, it may just pop up! :D

And FH2 and 3! Ahhh, good memories those two games. Glad you're having a blast! :cheers:

Last edited:
Did 2 rounds of Eliminator over the weekend. First one, came second in the Macan behind an R8 heading to Edinburgh. The second time I won in the TRX outside of Broadway. I love using that truck whenever I have the opportunity.

When did the volume level of different cars become so inconsistent? :confused:

For example, the Peugeot 205 Rallye comes across naturally loud, and on the other hand we have cars like the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 which you can barely hear properly because the audio volume of the car is strangely low. Should get a priority fix, because this issue affects several cars in the game.

Last edited:
When did the volume level of different cars become so inconsistent? :confused:

For example, the Peugeot 205 Rallye comes across naturally loud, and on the other hand we have cars like the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 which you can barely hear properly because the audio volume of the car is strangely low. Should get a priority fix, because this issue affects several cars in the game.

I don't think they will be fixing the issue at all considering we're still waiting for the BMW M4 GTS to be toned down after it was made obnoxiously loud 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if the last couple of updates for this year are just a couple of reward cars and a small fix/QOL improvement.

I think the last 8-10 or so updates have more or less been that. Not that I'm complaining, what we've gotten is much better than nothing. But last year we did get the eliminator update which was quite bigger than the usual Series update, so it'll be interesting to see if PG are planning something similar this year.

Back