Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
bandicam 2020-10-22 01-54-03-717.png

bandicam 2020-10-22 01-54-28-813.png

bandicam 2020-10-22 01-54-36-460.png

In a new video from Hoonigan, T10 was revealed to be scanning their "Scumbug" VW Beetle Buggy.

This Buggy will eventually be added to either FH4 or FM8.

But we already have an orange Class 5-1600 Beetle buggy in the game...

Right...but there were also 3 similar-but-different V8-swapped Nissan S14s in the Formula Drift pack, so having more than one of something hasn't stopped them before.

Wait, you're saying there's something wrong with having ALL the Baja Bugs in this game?

I don't mind, it's just that this specific Baja Bug was put together rather poorly, the orange one we already have is much better than this orange one.

It's funny how the "average" players have their traditional battlecry for PG to add more supercars everytime there's a game update, yet if my recent tribulations with this week's Trial are anything to go by; said "average" players can't ****ing drive the supercars they constantly demand.

It's funny how the "average" players have their traditional battlecry for PG to add more supercars everytime there's a game update, yet if my recent tribulations with this week's Trial are anything to go by; said "average" players can't ****ing drive the supercars they constantly demand.

The players you typically encounter in a multiplayer session are unlikely to be the ones posting supercar wish lists on Forza's social media channels. There are more clueless casuals than people who really care about the cars, and among those who care it's not surprising how mainstream exotics get most attention, like in any other context.

Last edited:
So for this weeks Playground games, I brought out my A Class Off road built Jag I Pace and it reaffirmed for me something i’ve felt was true.

Electric cars have a major advantage in Playground games. :crazy:

Not only do you not have to worry about shifting gears or lack of acceleration, but you also don’t have to worry about the power handicaps in these events at all.

Take King for example, normal cars are crippled after 30 seconds of crown holding, electric cars aren’t even affected, like at all, not even power loss. :eek:

So for this weeks Playground games, I brought out my A Class Off road built Jag I Pace and it reaffirmed for me something i’ve felt was true.

Not only do you not have to worry about shifting gears or lack of acceleration, but you also don’t have to worry about the power handicaps in these events at all.

Take King for example, normal cars are crippled after 30 seconds of crown holding, electric cars aren’t even affected, like at all, not even power loss. :eek:
Careful, they might patch it ;)

... So I think I'm giving up with #Forzathon this week. Eff those Vintage Racers.

I've just shared the aforementionned Bentley tune. It's not extremely fast in a straight line especially as it's only in B-Class, but it will outcorner everything else in that division.

Share code is 192 058 858

I had mentioned a while back, on the official forums, I think, that the power loss in King seems to be due to locking the car in a certain gear, 1st or 2nd. The electric cars not suffering gives further evidence to my theory since they only have 1 gear.

I noticed it with the Rimac when I used it in PGG a long while back. It's only a matter of time before everyone figures this out and starts using electric cars when possible, or its possible people's dislike of them will result in them not using them despite having an advantage.

Last edited:
I had mentioned a while back, on the official forums, I think, that the power loss in King seems to be due to locking the car in a certain gear, 1st or 2nd. The electric cars not suffering gives further evidence to my theory since they only have 1 gear.

Locking the car in a low gear would have you bouncing off the rev limiter, not struggling to get up to speed. You can also still change gear while being slowed down, which works like normal.

It's most likely just a torque cut, which affects the electric cars less noticeably as they have a lot of torque and effectively completely flat torque curves. Combustion-engined cars can fall below peak torque and have difficulty getting back up there due to the reduction.

Locking the car in a low gear would have you bouncing off the rev limiter, not struggling to get up to speed. You can also still change gear while being slowed down, which works like normal.

It's most likely just a torque cut, which affects the electric cars less noticeably as they have a lot of torque and effectively completely flat torque curves. Combustion-engined cars can fall below peak torque and have difficulty getting back up there due to the reduction.

It’s more than just the torque being cut, power is too.

The electric cars don’t lose anything, my I Pace makes over 500hp normally and still does after the King effect kicks in.

Back