Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
It’s more than just the torque being cut, power is too.

The electric cars don’t lose anything, my I Pace makes over 500hp normally and still does after the King effect kicks in.

Power is derived from torque, so any change to torque (or RPM) affects power naturally.

Interesting on the second point though - that almost sounds like it's applying an air restrictor, but I don't think Forza really simulates intake airflow. What they could be doing is changing the outside air pressure and letting the boost simulation take over - I'll have to keep an eye on the telemetry next time I use a naturally aspirated car in PG.

I got my syclone in a matter of 2 days after this summer series dropped. Wasnt a grind at all unlike this past previous spring one where i didnt even get the ISF. I was mad disappointed and the crazy part is i was right at 47 percent complete. Oh well maybe another time.

View attachment 966425
View attachment 966426
View attachment 966427

In a new video from Hoonigan, T10 was revealed to be scanning their "Scumbug" VW Beetle Buggy.

This Buggy will eventually be added to either FH4 or FM8.

Scumbug's a strange one considering what's already in the game, but certainly happy this relationship is still going - if only it increases the chances of the Pastranakhana Subaru and the 10-second donk showing up at some point

Scumbug's a strange one considering what's already in the game, but certainly happy this relationship is still going - if only it increases the chances of the Pastranakhana Subaru and the 10-second donk showing up at some point
Well, since Forza already has Pastrana's rally Subaru VT15r, it's a possibility!

Well for some strange reason, FH3, FH4 and FM7 all now CTD on the loading screen, worked fine before the weekend. The Radeon software never used to show metrics for Horizon 4, now it does and now they close on the loading screen. All other games I've tested work fine, so I don't know what the heck has gone wrong.

The next few weeks of Forzathon are pretty bland for car prizes. Roll on the next season. Maybe we can get some interesting new metal every week.

Well for some strange reason, FH3, FH4 and FM7 all now CTD on the loading screen, worked fine before the weekend. The Radeon software never used to show metrics for Horizon 4, now it does and now they close on the loading screen. All other games I've tested work fine, so I don't know what the heck has gone wrong.

I played FM7 a bit last week and had several crashes. FH4 has been OK for me in the 6hrs or so I've played in the last week. Hope it's not an increasing thing

VXR
The next few weeks of Forzathon are pretty bland for car prizes. Roll on the next season. Maybe we can get some interesting new metal every week.

It often feels like they are holding back on the good stuff, and when they do add something cool, it’s usually accompanied by forgettable cars working as a counterweight. Probably their way of balancing the impact of each series.

I had the hardest time doing the Forzathon photo challenge. They are very picky about what qualifies as "Arthur's Seat." Not even being at the Arthur's Seat beauty spot counts as Arthur's Seat. After four tries I finally got it by parking on the dirt road at the bottom of the Arthur's Seat danger sign.

I had the hardest time doing the Forzathon photo challenge. They are very picky about what qualifies as "Arthur's Seat." Not even being at the Arthur's Seat beauty spot counts as Arthur's Seat. After four tries I finally got it by parking on the dirt road at the bottom of the Arthur's Seat danger sign.
I was lucky then. Had no idea where Artur's Seat was so I checked the map, teleported right next to the A (next to the small lake). It worked first try.
Now I just don't know what to do with the backstage pass. Maybe will just collect them, for no reason...

Same here, took me 5 trys at different places before it would recognise it as Arthurs seat...

Why must PG insist on Hypercar Street Races? :banghead:
Agree, even the Super Gt races are harder than seeing snow in Sahara...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why must PG insist on Hypercar Street Races? :banghead:

Replace the emoji of a head bashing a wall with one of a car smashing into a wall and it pretty much sums up my experience. I don't think I've ever used the rewind function in an event as much as I did in this one.

@WanganDream is correct that using the Lego Senna helped a lot. I think it's the equivalent of using a Vision GT car in that other racing franchise as it's not constrained by real world limits on performance and grip (see also: Lambo Urus Concept).

That's interesting that they made it so picky. I took the photo while jumping off the sign. Worked first time.

Last edited:
Anyone have hints as to what car this is? They’re doing another Forza monthly in a few days, probably since the Xbox Series X version will be out soon...
31ED80CF-4937-48A4-915F-0A9B04EB591E.jpeg

I would much rather they brought back the last few missing Porsche models (904 Carrera GTS, 924 Carrera GTS, 928 GTS and 964 Turbo S) instead of the uglier third-party takes.

Last edited:
Yep, the DLS!
singer-dls.jpg

Also, Thursday?

The next content drop should still happen around the scheduled timeslot despite the earlier stream. Series 28 preview stream was also done a week earlier than normal.

Now I'm curious what kind of cars will also be showcases alongside the Singer. I mean, I hope it's more than three or four cars this time at least.

Let's see if PG can drive in some hype in this weeks Forza Monthly, i.e. including this and other hot cars. :)
I would much rather they brought back the last few missing Porsche models (904 Carrera GTS, 924 Carrera GTS, 928 GTS and 964 Turbo S) instead of the uglier third-party takes.
It's driving me crazy to see those cars missing still. :(

The next content drop should still happen around the scheduled timeslot despite the earlier stream. Series 28 preview stream was also done a week earlier than normal.

It's the fact that it's on a Thursday that's a bit strange, not the timing of it. :lol:

I don't hate this 911. I rather like it.
But I am disappointed that many of the Porsches they add are biased towards 911, 356 and SUV.
Where is the 928? And where is the 924?
This isn't limited to the PG or T10, but as a front-engine Porsche enthusiast, I'm very sad that these models aren't available in my favorite games.

Anyone perhaps having a fix for this glitch / bug ? When you are in the garage, you can't scroll downwards to select the cars below ? It will only let me select the cars on the top. Guess this has been up before and i am not alone, i play on xbox one X.
Before, exiting and entering the garage used to help, now i often need a reboot to fix it. Be well.

Last edited:
Back