Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Well, despite the Porsche thumbnail being initially wrong, at least we know that the Porsche 911 Sport Classic is coming to the game someday!
Is it, though? I want it to be true, the Sport Classic is my favorite of the modern 911s. But it's just a wrong thumbnail. I don't see that as proof of anything other than someone at T10 thinks all 911s look alike.

Is it, though? I want it to be true, the Sport Classic is my favorite of the modern 911s. But it's just a wrong thumbnail. I don't see that as proof of anything other than someone at T10 thinks all 911s look alike.
The 911 Sport Classic is in the leaked car list. And since we see the actual thumbnail for that car, I expect the car to be available in the near future.

Is this update the same as optional " Forza Horizon 4 is now
available in portuguese " ? Just wonder since i have not yet got the series 29 update, i play on Central European time.

Last edited:
Is this update the same as optional " Forza Horizon 4 is now
available in portuguese " ? Just wonder since i have not yet got the series 29 update, i play on Central European time.

Not the same. I first got the Portuguese language installation prompt after installing the series 29 update.

Not sure what it’s supposed to do and I keep rejecting it. I hope it eventually stops.

Weekly Forzathon Advice.
An easy way to get "barrel roll" skills. Set up suspension hard anyway. Swap engine for a powerful one too.
Then approach the big ramp on the south side of the airport at an angle. You will probably succeed as long as you don't make contact with the earthen pipe. Good luck.

Last edited:
Not particularly in love with restomods in general but I kinda like what they did with the 911(except the tail lights). The Hammer and the 850 steal the show this time. At least for me.
Can't wait to try them all. In the meantime I will keep myself busy with the Typhoon. It's ugly but I somehow like it anyway.

On stream Mike Brown said that "this wasn't the last update for the year" and "we have plenty more updates to come" so support for FH4 isn't winding down anytime soon!

That's good to hear and with next-gen consoles coming, can see at least another year of updates. I have a feeling had Halo Infinite not turned into the mess it is now, Phil Spencer might've (or perhaps should've) asked Playground to do a 3rd expansion pack for Series X launch. Excited for next week and the upgrades FH4 will get.

Last edited:
Why does it feel like the drivatars have a million horsepower and 0 grip problems when you run at highly skilled ? Takes alot of fun out of the game, and makes it very very hard to win the races, even in the best car.

Last edited:
Ford Capri 280 Brooklands? See creative hub icon at 0:06 in the video below:

deleted

Edit: Creative hub shows user’s profile picture.

Last edited:
Singer posted this regarding the Singer DLS.
ol87g1o49nx51.jpg

Always love seeing classic cars mainly because of how much the care it takes to keep them running:) saw some nice cars at local car shows myself... ones I normally never see on the road. Like a 356 coupe, a daytona and a super bird (at different shows though) even saw a cobra 427 and a gt40!!

Saw a neat aston martin too even had place for martini glasses

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Does anyone have any clue how Xbox Series X will work with a Full HD display without 4K? Obviously the Series X will still deliver better loading times, textures snd FPS, but how will FH4’s native 4K look on a screen that doesn’t support it?

Last edited:
Downsampling. In other words, AA without cons

No cons? Sure, the downscaled 4K content will appear crisper in 1080p than native 1080p. However, last-generation consoles like the PS4 Pro might experience noticeable FPS drops when enabling enhancers like Supersampling Mode to mimic dynamic 4K content in 1080p.

Do we know that a potential FPS drop won’t happen on the Xbox Series X? Downscaling native 4K at 60 FPS sounds demanding, after all.

Last edited:
No cons? Sure, the downscaled 4K content will appear crisper in 1080p than native 1080p. However, last-generation consoles like the PS4 Pro might experience noticeable FPS drops when enabling enhancers like Supersampling Mode to mimic dynamic 4K content in 1080p.

Do we know that a potential FPS drop won’t happen on the Xbox Series X? Downscaling native 4K at 60 FPS sounds demanding, after all.
I mean visual cons, sure downsampling is most demanding type of AA.

Forza has always been about a locked framerate - there are virtually no drops on FH4 at 30FPS at 4K on the One X, nor at 60FPS at 1080p. I can only assume the Series X will manage it at 4K.

I mean visual cons, sure downsampling is most demanding type of AA.

Ok.

Forza has always been about a locked framerate - there are virtually no drops on FH4 at 30FPS at 4K on the One X, nor at 60FPS at 1080p. I can only assume the Series X will manage it at 4K.

Well, FH4 does suffer FPS drops on the old Xbox One, but it’s rare though. The culprit is typically race starts at night with precipitation while surrounded by a field of cars. I’m sure the Xbox Series X will manage all this just fine on a 4K display, but on a 1080p display I don’t really know what to expect across the board FPS-wise. Info on the subject barely seems to exist in relation to the new consoles.

Back